KBR Employee Reviews

before economic downturn was a company that provided opportunity
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2016
KBR offered great opportunity to grow before the economy made a turn for the worse. Great Benefits and most of the other staff were great to work with
Great company and some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure to work with
Senior Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 June 2016
I worked two high profile projects with KBR. Both very challenging yet the teams assembled to manage these projects were probably the best in their field so all challenges met and overcome. Both were TBM jobs and on both, KBR had no recorded accidents! A great safety culture embraced by all.
Pros
Good team support good client engagement. Salary was excellent as was the WLB.
Cons
A little less support from HO management but that allowed for a litlle creativity...
A great place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST / LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 March 2017
A great typical day at work full of new exciting while daily discipline routine.

I learned to multi-task, learn new responsibilities in the same department.
Great Management. Great bosses and easy to talk.
There was no pressure on deadlines but still hard working atmosphere.
Nothing is hard when bosses are great.

The atmosphere always allowed breaks every two hours, stretches during morning and made us ready to get back to work next morning.
Pros
always a chance to change department or promotion
Cons
Exciting, but busy
Work and Home life flexibilty
Foreman at Syncrude (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 March 2017
The ability to make a good living and be home every evening with the family. Was paid good wages which allowed for an easy relocation from a different province, start over and meet new friends.
Pros
Lifelong Friendships
Cons
Commuting on bus
Management sucks
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Surmmont 218 January 2017
Supervison it was between friends some of them could not organize a birthday party at a day care center. And very arrogant twords every body .needs a lot of organizing between the company and contractors. Laborer relations very poor.
Pros
Very good company to work for.
Cons
Organization
Slightly out of touch with the working class.
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB20 January 2017
A great job that probably had the wrong people making the decisions which ended up being the end of the contract. I had to leave due to differences of opinion and shortly thereafter the contract was lost.
When in its prime
JOURNEYMAN MILLWRIGHT (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 December 2016
When this company was in its prime I was very lucky to have the journeyman and the vast variety of versatility to learn from for my trade. there were very many different types of skill to attain.
A good company to work for,good earnings,and management that helped out with employee needs...
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 January 2015
A typical day at work,was interesting each and every day.of As a laborer it was never the same,which I found to be really good.I learned alot more about ground work and the proper construction,and the labor involved in constructing Gabion Baskets..Management was always helpful with personal matters and they kept us informed of tasks that had to be completed in the priority of importance...I worked with a diverse crew of laborers,and it was very interesting getting to know about different cultures,we all worked well together...The hardest part of the Job was the weather at times,and the travel to and from the job site...The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet alot of new and interesting people,as well as the rewards and the salary that we earned....
Pros
Good Money, Lodging
Cons
Food
it was a fun job, good crew, good job
Welder (Former Employee) –  Sermont 17 January 2017
.every time i worked for KBR, i was a welding foreman.
KBR is a good company to work for, they had a well stocked tool crib. The gf's were good guys, they helped me any way they could
job competeted
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 August 2016
Was very interesting and enjoyed my job . Company get to work for .

Had great co-workers. Most enjoyable job,

My position and responsibilities Contracts Administrator. Management was very understanding.
Pros
excellent
Cons
enjoyed working, the camp /fly in fly out
A good experienced company
Water Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Kosovo1 December 2016
A good experienced company that gave me the knowledge of team working, multi tasking, become a leader and many more things
Pros
Great on many ways
Cons
NA
Good People to work with
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 April 2016
I enjoyed working for KBR as a contractor, unfortunately due to the economic downturn is was only for a year and a half.
My days were full working with a great team on tracking cost, progress, change management but it went extremely well with the exception of costs, unfortunately the job was under bid.
The client was extremely satisfied with the quality of the product and how the site was managed, clean and safe.
Pros
People
Cons
Process & Procedure
great place to work
IRON WORKER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 February 2015
good benefits, awesome management, enjoyable peers, lots of room for learning and advancements. The most difficult part of the job was probably when the job came to an end. Truly a nice place to work
Bus driver is my dream job
VIP driver (Former Employee) –  Houston,Bosnia and iraq8 March 2016
Like to drive bus,meet people,potentially friends.
Nothing hard to me in this job.
Enjoy to be part of american freedom project in Bosnia and Iraq.
Learn many things,meet many different nations,etc.
Ready to work additional jobs.
Really hard worker all my life,and still like this jobs.
My dream is move with my wife in Canada,really specific country,popular in the world.
My wife also work for KBR,administrative jobs,materials and procurement department.
they had gym to got
Material Specialist / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB9 May 2016
I was inspecting materials unloading and loading trucks and trailers ,organizing warehouse,going through paper work,tracking heat numbers materials.
Pros
flights
Cons
away from loved ones
Productive and fun work place with MWR
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  any where24 September 2012
it was my pleasure to work with KBR everyday it was interesting to do the job in safe mode
i have learned a lot from this company how to manage the job how to lead and team work
Management was really good they was treating us equally with no doubt
the Co workers they was good, always we was helping each other to do the job safe and in time
it wasn't really hard part of the job we was following the orders from the management
the most enjoyable part of the job was end of the week to sign ours working hours
Pros
it was good time for breakfast, lunch, diner
Cons
long hours it was some time in case to finish the job on time
Kbr
Material coordinator / Structural superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 April 2016
great company to work with , managers are willing to work with you
great people to work with. All tools and equipment you needed to preform your job were made available
Pros
nice camp
Cons
long ride to airport
KBR was one of the best company I ever had the opportunity to work with.
Accounting Manager - Canada Operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 June 2012
A typical day at work was challenging and full of fun. What ever I have learnt is because of their University which help you solve and figure out all the problems that comes across. They had a good management and my co-workers always worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was meeting the month end Schedule and my most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet those Schedules and in time producing the reports that the management wanted to see.
Pros
good place to work
great work enviroment
Side Boom Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 February 2016
14-7 schedule
great working crews
good management.
GF's knew their job.
Not bad equipment to work with.
Nice camp and living conditions
Project Orientated
Super User (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2014
I learnt many skills and had multiple career opportunities while I was employed at KBR. The company had monthly town hall meetings where the employees where able to hear the updates of the company and be able to give our feedback.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KBR. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2