KBR Employee Reviews in Canada

Great company and some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure to work with
Senior Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  DublinJune 7, 2016
I worked two high profile projects with KBR. Both very challenging yet the teams assembled to manage these projects were probably the best in their field so all challenges met and overcome. Both were TBM jobs and on both, KBR had no recorded accidents! A great safety culture embraced by all.
Pros
Good team support good client engagement. Salary was excellent as was the WLB.
Cons
A little less support from HO management but that allowed for a litlle creativity...
Good People to work with
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 7, 2016
I enjoyed working for KBR as a contractor, unfortunately due to the economic downturn is was only for a year and a half.
My days were full working with a great team on tracking cost, progress, change management but it went extremely well with the exception of costs, unfortunately the job was under bid.
The client was extremely satisfied with the quality of the product and how the site was managed, clean and safe.
Pros
People
Cons
Process & Procedure
Bus driver is my dream job
VIP driver (Former Employee) –  Houston,Bosnia and iraqMarch 8, 2016
Like to drive bus,meet people,potentially friends.
Nothing hard to me in this job.
Enjoy to be part of american freedom project in Bosnia and Iraq.
Learn many things,meet many different nations,etc.
Ready to work additional jobs.
Really hard worker all my life,and still like this jobs.
My dream is move with my wife in Canada,really specific country,popular in the world.
My wife also work for KBR,administrative jobs,materials and procurement department.
Kbr
Material coordinator / Structural superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 24, 2016
great company to work with , managers are willing to work with you
great people to work with. All tools and equipment you needed to preform your job were made available
Pros
nice camp
Cons
long ride to airport
they had gym to got
Material Specialist / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anzac, ABMay 9, 2016
I was inspecting materials unloading and loading trucks and trailers ,organizing warehouse,going through paper work,tracking heat numbers materials.
Pros
flights
Cons
away from loved ones
great work enviroment
Side Boom Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 24, 2016
14-7 schedule
great working crews
good management.
GF's knew their job.
Not bad equipment to work with.
Nice camp and living conditions
Focused and Relaxed
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AlbertaFebruary 21, 2015
Every morning we started off with stretches which got us warmed up for our day.Then our foreman would brief us on the tasks for the day and send us in partners to conduct tasks. Throughout the day he would check on us and discuss our progress and make sure we were on the right track. My coworkers were very helpful on my first day and taught me how to do my job properly and efficiently. I'd say the hardest part of the job lifting the heavier materials but I always had the help of my coworkers if something was ever to heavy. The funnest part of the job for me was working in the scaffold yard and learning all the different pieces.
Pros
3 breaks a day made the work a lot easier
Cons
the yard was extremely muddy when the snow melts
A good company to work for,good earnings,and management that helped out with employee needs...
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day at work,was interesting each and every day.of As a laborer it was never the same,which I found to be really good.I learned alot more about ground work and the proper construction,and the labor involved in constructing Gabion Baskets..Management was always helpful with personal matters and they kept us informed of tasks that had to be completed in the priority of importance...I worked with a diverse crew of laborers,and it was very interesting getting to know about different cultures,we all worked well together...The hardest part of the Job was the weather at times,and the travel to and from the job site...The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet alot of new and interesting people,as well as the rewards and the salary that we earned....
Pros
good money, lodging
Cons
food
really fast pace
Insulator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 26, 2015
Basically everyday starting my shift i open up the trailers whenever i get a order i pull out the boxes and stock themm outside in the pallet and sometimes trucks come in full of metal materials and insulation so i unload them and store them inside the trailer.
Good work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 16, 2014
Pretty fun and great people to work with, i enjoyed the environment, the people made my day go by faster and with joy, and i really enjoyed driving the fork lift around the yard helping unload, and reload the deck of the ware house.The most enjoyable part about my job would have to just be the hours i was getting and the time i was able to show of my skills as a laborer that's young and ready to work hard.
Pros
yes free lunch
Cons
weather, looking for metals in and under the snow.
Productive and fun work place with MWR
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  any whereSeptember 24, 2012
it was my pleasure to work with KBR everyday it was interesting to do the job in safe mode
i have learned a lot from this company how to manage the job how to lead and team work
Management was really good they was treating us equally with no doubt
the Co workers they was good, always we was helping each other to do the job safe and in time
it wasn't really hard part of the job we was following the orders from the management
the most enjoyable part of the job was end of the week to sign ours working hours
Pros
it was good time for breakfast, lunch, diner
Cons
long hours it was some time in case to finish the job on time
Not too fair
Administrative Assistant, HVAC Department (Former Employee) –  Camp Anaconda, Balad, IraqMay 12, 2012
The company offers constant training to update the personnel's capability to cope up with the demands, but jealousy among races kills competition getting to the top. It is a challenge getting close to the people who are in power to overlook where you from and get promoted, but never it happened there. The only thing you can be thankful about is somehow there are some who cares even they cannot do anything.
Pros
generous trainings and commendations
Cons
no promotion
Great people to work with!
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Staurn 1 B.C CanadaMarch 13, 2013
I was a Site/Civil services G.F. Daily routine(s) were to assign cleaners, laborers, equip. operators daily assignments. We were a support group for entire site. Great co-workers and enjoyed the day-day challenges that come with the job. I was also responsible to deal with Hertz rentals with equip. issues as well as demands. Delat with the materials dept. daily for site fuel needs etc.
Pros
camp job, close to site, paid flights
Cons
hours were getting cut.
Great place to work!
Junior Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 2, 2013
I worked for KBR as a Contractor on Syncrude's first expansion project UE-1 and would definately work for them again. A great experience and met lots of fantastic people where I gained a ton of valuable experience, a very rewarding time I will never forget:)
Pros
personnel and overall company organization
Cons
schedule, but you become accustomed to it
great place to work
IRON WORKER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 26, 2015
good benefits, awesome management, enjoyable peers, lots of room for learning and advancements. The most difficult part of the job was probably when the job came to an end. Truly a nice place to work
A great work atmosphere
Second Year Welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 25, 2015
I thought it was a great place to work . Management was fare and employees where great to work with . I learned a lot in the time I worked there.
Pros
good pay and good hours
Cons
hard to get there by bus
Very positive safety culture
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 14, 2015
Positive work environment with lots of room for advancement. Very good safety culture. Provide on site training for any and every type of training needed.
great company to work for
Pipefitter Leadhand (Current Employee) –  Fort St John, BCMarch 5, 2015
Good management very well organized jobs. knowledgeable tradesman and everyone got along very good. Safety is top priority which is important to me
Class II warehouse
Waerhouseman/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Anaconda Balad, IraqMay 16, 2012
To utilize 12 years of experience in logistics warehousing operations, inventory management, material handling and customer relations and support for a company that provides contracted logistics warehousing support overseas.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor managment
Project Orientated
Super User (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 22, 2014
I learnt many skills and had multiple career opportunities while I was employed at KBR. The company had monthly town hall meetings where the employees where able to hear the updates of the company and be able to give our feedback.
Pros
flexible work schedule

4.2