KBR

1.3K reviews

KBR Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A good company to work for,good earnings,and management that helped out with employee needs...
Laborer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good money, lodging
Cons: food
A typical day at work,was interesting each and every day.of As a laborer it was never the same,which I found to be really good.I learned alot more about ground work and the proper construction,and the labor involved in constructing Gabion Baskets..Management was always helpful with personal matters and they kept us informed of tasks that had to be completed in the priority of importance...I worked with a diverse crew of laborers,and it was very interesting getting to know about different cultures,we all worked well together...The hardest part of the Job was the weather at times,and the travel to and from the job site...The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet alot of new and interesting people,as well as the rewards and the salary that we earned....
Focused and Relaxed
General Labourer (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: 3 breaks a day made the work a lot easier
Cons: the yard was extremely muddy when the snow melts
Every morning we started off with stretches which got us warmed up for our day.Then our foreman would brief us on the tasks for the day and send us in partners to conduct tasks. Throughout the day he would check on us and discuss our progress and make sure we were on the right track. My coworkers were very helpful on my first day and taught me how to do my job properly and efficiently. I'd say the hardest part of the job lifting the heavier materials but I always had the help of my coworkers if something was ever to heavy. The funnest part of the job for me was working in the scaffold yard and learning all the different pieces.
Productive and fun work place with MWR
Bus Driver (Former Employee), any whereSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: it was good time for breakfast, lunch, diner
Cons: long hours it was some time in case to finish the job on time
it was my pleasure to work with KBR everyday it was interesting to do the job in safe mode
i have learned a lot from this company how to manage the job how to lead and team work
Management was really good they was treating us equally with no doubt
the Co workers they was good, always we was helping each other to do the job safe and in time
it wasn't really hard part of the job we was following the orders from the management
the most enjoyable part of the job was end of the week to sign ours working hours
Not too fair
Administrative Assistant, HVAC Department (Former Employee), Camp Anaconda, Balad, IraqMay 12, 2012
Pros: generous trainings and commendations
Cons: no promotion
The company offers constant training to update the personnel's capability to cope up with the demands, but jealousy among races kills competition getting to the top. It is a challenge getting close to the people who are in power to overlook where you from and get promoted, but never it happened there. The only thing you can be thankful about is somehow there are some who cares even they cannot do anything.
Good work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: yes free lunch
Cons: weather, looking for metals in and under the snow.
Pretty fun and great people to work with, i enjoyed the environment, the people made my day go by faster and with joy, and i really enjoyed driving the fork lift around the yard helping unload, and reload the deck of the ware house.The most enjoyable part about my job would have to just be the hours i was getting and the time i was able to show of my skills as a laborer that's young and ready to work hard.
Great people to work with!
General Foreman (Former Employee), Staurn 1 B.C CanadaMarch 13, 2013
Pros: camp job, close to site, paid flights
Cons: hours were getting cut.
I was a Site/Civil services G.F. Daily routine(s) were to assign cleaners, laborers, equip. operators daily assignments. We were a support group for entire site. Great co-workers and enjoyed the day-day challenges that come with the job. I was also responsible to deal with Hertz rentals with equip. issues as well as demands. Delat with the materials dept. daily for site fuel needs etc.
Great place to work!
Junior Contracts Administrator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 2, 2013
Pros: personnel and overall company organization
Cons: schedule, but you become accustomed to it
I worked for KBR as a Contractor on Syncrude's first expansion project UE-1 and would definately work for them again. A great experience and met lots of fantastic people where I gained a ton of valuable experience, a very rewarding time I will never forget:)
Class II warehouse
Waerhouseman/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Anaconda Balad, IraqMay 16, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor managment
To utilize 12 years of experience in logistics warehousing operations, inventory management, material handling and customer relations and support for a company that provides contracted logistics warehousing support overseas.
Project Orientated
Super User (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 22, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: long hours
I learnt many skills and had multiple career opportunities while I was employed at KBR. The company had monthly town hall meetings where the employees where able to hear the updates of the company and be able to give our feedback.
really fast pace
Insulator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 26, 2015
Basically everyday starting my shift i open up the trailers whenever i get a order i pull out the boxes and stock themm outside in the pallet and sometimes trucks come in full of metal materials and insulation so i unload them and store them inside the trailer.
Great Company to work for - Respectful
QA/QC Inspector (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 19, 2014
Enjoyed all my years working for KBR, treated me like a family. I learned alot of my skills here, co-workers and management are great.

Has it Pros and Cons - I'm not gonna list them as everyone has their own preferences
lots of lunches on company and free items given out
Superintendent (Former Employee), Fort MacMurrayMarch 11, 2014
Pros: lunches and gifts
Cons: superintendents not given time to go over days workload
go over client plans
I can work with most people
great
great
keeping everyone focused
having a great day
this was a very productive safe site
Safety Lead (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: team effort writing jsa
Hourly walks / reviews daily etc.
Organization - commitment by KBR
Very commited to Safety & KBR
JSA / excellent example of team effort by all
trades & management levels involved.
Busy, fast paced, Hard work
Rebuilder (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 20, 2012
Pros: company benfit plan, great team moral, takes care of you
Cons: unflexible hours
Excellent management, Works with you to get things done, teaches in ways a person can understand, friendly environment.
great place to work
IRON WORKER (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 26, 2015
good benefits, awesome management, enjoyable peers, lots of room for learning and advancements. The most difficult part of the job was probably when the job came to an end. Truly a nice place to work
A great work atmosphere
Second Year Welder (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: good pay and good hours
Cons: hard to get there by bus
I thought it was a great place to work . Management was fare and employees where great to work with . I learned a lot in the time I worked there.
Good Place to work
Administrative Manifest Specialist/ Archivist (Former Employee), KuwaitSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: free transport
Cons: long hours
I learn a lot doing Manifest Archiving ,Meet and Greet and Doing more report at the same time, I learned how to work in Multi Task.
Very positive safety culture
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 14, 2015
Positive work environment with lots of room for advancement. Very good safety culture. Provide on site training for any and every type of training needed.
Love scaffolding
Scaffolder (Former Employee), Fort macmurrayJuly 15, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: danger
I love Scaffolding whether it is building it or teaching it Have worked with all these companies through the years to give exact dates this would be 20 pages long
OK place to work.
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Edmonton ABApril 25, 2013
Pros: have the odd free meal.
Cons: very little overtime.
Muddy yard, Parking OK. Stretch before work morning and after dinner OK..
Management about average.
Guys were alright to work with.