KBR Employee Reviews for Laborer

Focused and Relaxed
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta21 February 2015
Every morning we started off with stretches which got us warmed up for our day.Then our foreman would brief us on the tasks for the day and send us in partners to conduct tasks. Throughout the day he would check on us and discuss our progress and make sure we were on the right track. My coworkers were very helpful on my first day and taught me how to do my job properly and efficiently. I'd say the hardest part of the job lifting the heavier materials but I always had the help of my coworkers if something was ever to heavy. The funnest part of the job for me was working in the scaffold yard and learning all the different pieces.
Pros
3 Breaks a day made the work a lot easier
Cons
The yard was extremely muddy when the snow melts
A good company to work for,good earnings,and management that helped out with employee needs...
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 January 2015
A typical day at work,was interesting each and every day.of As a laborer it was never the same,which I found to be really good.I learned alot more about ground work and the proper construction,and the labor involved in constructing Gabion Baskets..Management was always helpful with personal matters and they kept us informed of tasks that had to be completed in the priority of importance...I worked with a diverse crew of laborers,and it was very interesting getting to know about different cultures,we all worked well together...The hardest part of the Job was the weather at times,and the travel to and from the job site...The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet alot of new and interesting people,as well as the rewards and the salary that we earned....
Pros
Good Money, Lodging
Cons
Food
good place to work
Skilled Labourer (Current Employee) –  New Liskeard, ON16 January 2014
fellow workers were friendly and helpful learned alot
pay was ok
big let down after job was complete no other job to go to
Pros
every one was helpful
Cons
almost got layed off twice and no other job to go to
great people
Skilled Labourer (Former Employee) –  Goderich, ON11 November 2013
I loved working for KBR Wabi, great people to work for,sorry to see the project come to an end
kbr wabi
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort Mcmurray1 November 2013
Good company to work for. I gained valuable experience. The days were organized and long but that was the draw for me.
Pros
Free lunches and free merchandise
Cons
Fun, productive n enjoyable company n staff too have worked with
Skilled Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 September 2013
I would certainly work for them again, I felt great being a part of the Aurora Mine relocation project and know one day I can share this in history of this amazing move
Pros
Rewarded for good work
Great people to work with
Cleaner/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC14 May 2013
The people that work there are really easy to get along with and are very friendly.
Pros
Free Food, drink, laundry, internet, and place to stay
Cons
long hours, 14-7 shifts, payroll issues
Not managed the greatest
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Willow Valley, BC6 April 2013
upper mgmt only care for themselves. lots of payroll problems.
Labourer
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ft Mac / Ft Sask27 February 2013
As a labourer, I got to see many aspects of the trades and their roles within plants.
Pros
pay benefits
Cons
advancement
A lot of money with lots of complication...
Labourer/ Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 November 2012
Yes you may have the most amazing pay cheque ever but the atmosphere and the organization in this work field is just horrible. The camp is nice but the people leading the project are not qualified to make things move and go on. In a 10 hour day you work 5 hours. Because of the contractor (syncrude) that is so much conserned about security, you cant do your job normaly. Be careful everything you do is watched...even if it doesnt seem like it. Be careful people seem nice but they will be the first to make you looze your job...
Pros
free food, camp
Cons
unorganized, overtime x 1.5, 14/7 shift