KBR Employee Reviews

Great team leadership and cool work environment
3rd Year Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB11 January 2018
First time out with KBR, it was a good experience and supervision was readily available for any questions or concerns that needed to be addressed. One of the better outfits I've worked for in the patch!
Pros
Money was alright
Cons
No travel for flights
Great company to work for
Cost Controller (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 December 2017
I absolutely enjoy working for this company. I have met great people and worked within some very good groups. The mentors I have had have always been helpful and helped me to grow in my field.
Kbr
Turnover Coordinator/QC Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB19 December 2017
- Very fast pace
- Interesting Programs
- Made everyday an interesting day
- Fun coworkers
- Always on your toes
- Everyday you learn something new
- Have to work around office politics
Direct supervision is a revolving door
Utility Driver (Class 1) (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB7 November 2017
During my time with KBR the supervision changed hands almost monthly. This makes it very difficult to know who your direction is supposed to come from.
Cons
Remote work sites
great place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2017
had a great time working with kbr. great management ,employees and overall work environment. long hours and good pay. i would recommend this company as A plus.
Camp Manager
Camp Services Manager/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2017
Ensure that all, life support, food services and accommodation management requirements are met by the camp contractors, and attend and participate in contractor safety meetings. Perform documented weekly camp and associated facilities inspections and ensure that all deficiencies are corrected in a timely manner.
Pros
Salary
Very productive
Civil Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2017
It was a great experience, Lots of activities happening at the same time and this required a lot of coordination to make things happen, we depended a lot on good weather and made the most of the good days. Other trades were good to deal with.
Pros
Close to home
Hr
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 October 2017
The HR management staff that i had worked with do have his job commitment. Working in oil and sand industrial must come with commitment and safety culture which every one of us must have.
Well rounded company
Assistant Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 October 2017
KBR believes in life balance and treats all employees as individuals. Safety and job satisfaction are number one priority. Company provided benefits are an extra bonus.
Very friendly staff and looked after workers safety
Steamfitter/Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 October 2017
I worked with this company for 8 months and really enjoyed it there. Its always difficult with a job comes to and end and you get laid off. I wish to get back with them in the near future or a company that treats their employees as they did.
Pros
employee benefits and safe work environment
Cons
not enough work for full time

Want to know more about KBR?

Ask a question
A great company to work in, very diverse and professional
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kuwait30 August 2017
I have worked for KBR for more than 8 years, it is a gas and construction company to support the American army overseas, and it is very diverse and teaches you different perspectives from different people from around the world, it is long hours though but what makes it bearable is the high professionalism of its employees and their kind background that makes you forget the hours worked, loved every day
Pros
Free accommodation, food and transportation, vaactions are every 4 months
Cons
long hours, and only one day off
20 of my best years
Journeyman "B" Pressure Welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2017
20 of my best years were with KBR, I started my apprenticeship with KBR and became a full fledged Journeyman Welder with KBR. Trained by some of the best individuals.
Limited experience working here.
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 August 2017
Very professional culture. I enjoyed working with a top tier team who were truly experts in the construction sector. It was a learning experience of a lifetime.
Pros
A lot of responsibility.
Cons
No advancement.
Site Services Supervisor
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 August 2017
Professional Organization. Like KBR's policies and procedures. They treat employees well. Working with good supervisors and workers. Provide training and steady work.
Daily activites
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 July 2017
Modular construction consisting of various types of materials. Good mix of structural and mechanical inspections. Walk downs and deficiency lists, consumable controls are good.
Pros
Good people
Journeyman Ironworker (Current Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB28 July 2017
Great company to work for being able to return home every 14 days to visit with family. Supervisors are pleasant to work with and work keps us busy while away from home.
Pros
allowance for travel home
Cons
Exciting and challenging enviroment full of positivie energy people all working towards the same goal
JOURNEYMAN STEAMFITTER (Current Employee) –  alberta27 July 2017
A environment where co-workers fell more like friends and work is made fun yet challenging making everyday enjoyable. The safety culture is among the best I've seen in the industry.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
hot days, cold nights
Pretty Good
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 July 2017
Good management and well organized. Job was camp based, 10 hour shifts, competitive salary. Tools were always readily available, and morale was good overall.
great place ... GF was horrible
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 July 2017
great bunch of workers though... very good safety environment there....poor camps though viruses going around .... gross...good lunches and dinners....
Awesome work place
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 July 2017
I did all and almost everything possible. Shipping and receiving. Worked on the computer completing orders to going to the bank and handling check. Picking up and dropping off tools. Took inventory.