K2 Stone is seeking a Production Foreman to join their Management team. We are looking for an individual seeking employment in a fast paced work environment, and who is committed to building upon the success of our rapidly growing company. The successful candidate will be self-motivated; task oriented, well organized and has exemplary time management skills. Experience leading people, mechanical knowledge, and former employmet in a production focused industry will be considered strong assets.
The Production Foreman’s primary focus is to ensure the production team safely manufactures quality products at a pace that meets targeted production levels. This position requires the direct supervision of approximately 18 employees on a daily basis. The Production Foreman will monitor machine operation, manage preventative maintenance schedules and maintain best practice equipment up time.
Specific Job Duties include:
- On a daily basis ensure that the K2 Stone Quarries Maughan Road facility is opened up and ready for production prior to 7 a.m.
- Direct Supervision of all production employees:
o Ensuring all K2 Stone Quarries safety rules are followed at all times
o Attendance management (on time, breaks and quitting times are respected), deal with repeat offenders proactively
o Ensure all employees are executing their job responsibilities on a daily basis
o Conducting individual employee performance appraisals on a regular scheduled interval basis (after 90 day probation and at a minimum frequency of annually thereafter)
- Ensure all production documentation is completed timely and accurately on a shift by shift basis (products produced, blade changes, lost time minutes/reasons, etc.)
- Meet regularly with the production operators to ensure production reports are communicated, plans are shared and issues are discussed
- Vigilantly monitor and communicate production quality issues with operators
- Maximize equipment up time by proactively monitoring machine operation/performance and coordinating repairs as required
- Maintaining complete accurate records of all consumable materials
- Purchasing all production consumables (safety equipment, saw blades, etc.)
- Timely and proper documentation and prompt communication of all workplace incidents with Worksafe B.C.
K2 Stone Quarries Inc. values its employees and recognizes their commitments to making us a leader in the natural stone industry. We offer a competitive wage starting at $20 - $25 per hour, vacation allotment, and a complete employee benefit package.
Applicants can apply with their resume and cover letter by:
- Fax to 250-722-2406;
- Or in person at 930 Maughan rd. Nanaimo, BC. V9X 1J2