K-Bro Linen Systems Employee Reviews

Independent and multicultural workplace
Packager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2017
Typical day at work starts at 7 in the morning up to 5:30 pm. I learned how to be accurate since I am doing the packaging before the delivery of lines to various hotels. It is a very multicultural workplace where anyone is welcome to apply. Most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction that you give to your internal and external customers at the end of the day.
Pros
3 days off
Cons
You are treated as worthless meat
Billing Clerk/ Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 June 2017
I learned that hard work and dedication (attendance and being a team player) do nothing to help you in this company, the management team treat you as less than human and will dump you without reason - stay away from this company
Accomodating
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 March 2017
It's easy to apply in the company. I basically went there to the company directly and they hired me within that day. The people are friendly and helpful.
Awesome place to work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 March 2017
Its hard on the 1st days but when i got used to everything.feels like been doing everything so easy.the only problem i have is i needed full time with higher than minimum pay
It was a good place to work
Dry Cleaning and Uniform Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 March 2017
It was a fast pace workplace. Enjoyed the experience. I do my best when I multi task. I was given the opportunity it improve my skills dealing with an assortment of people in the hospitality industry.
Pros
Great co- workers
Cons
Very hot in summer months
very physical
AZ Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON23 February 2017
KBRO LINENS supplies to hospitals, hotels and long term care in which the drivers are reponsible for loading and unloading all loads.
Horrible employers!!!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Langford, BC21 February 2017
Poor management! No ethic values! Only care about money not customers or employees! GM makes more in bonuses in a year, then 3 production employees yearly salary. They are so cheap they have their Christmas party in a cramped lunchroom. Very unsafe place to work because they never buy new equipment and the matanince are the micky mouse show! In the summer it gets so hot your going to pass out worksafe bc would shutdown the plant if they knew, because no proper air conditioners. There are so many more problems you could right a book.
Pros
Cons
Too many to name them all!
Controler
Controller / Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
250 employess with 3 unions with the City being a partner was very challenging.

Daily reporting with the CFO and review of Budgets with the Board of Directors monthly was a solid foundation on how business should be run.
Pros
Great People
Excellent company
Laundry worker ( loader ) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta , Canada11 January 2017
I think this company great well productive and the workers are safe. I think this company will help many people to have a better future life for there family. All the workers here are treated equaly and they provided us safety equipmen. The management is very caring example when they see people not feeling well they will give him first aid , thats why i admire thiis company
Good Place to Work
Distribution Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 January 2017
I have gained valuable experience working here, lots of autonomy in this position. Many different facets to this position, customer service, human resource, managing staff, logistics, inventory, etc..
Pros
Great Experience!
Cons
On call at all times
Productive workplace with friendly and helping staff and coworkers
Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 December 2016
Duties included maintaining proficient knowledge of linens sorting and Producing, following health and safety regulations to keep area tidy, keeping track record of linens.
• Train new staff in job duties and safety procedures.
• Orders handling of Hospital and Hotel linens.
• Enthusiastic, cooperative and multi-tasking
Worst place to work at.
Monorail Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2016
Most of the job in here are filthy. And its very very tedious. Too much burden on a single person. Very very long hours of work standing.
Horrible management. Zero accountability
Shift Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 December 2016
Do not work here. Long hours little pay. Horribly mismanaged. Zero accountability. No preventative maintenance no parts. Don't think I ever received a part that I ordered.
Great Place to Work
porter (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 November 2016
Very high paced busy company. Company keeps growing and gives you a chance to advance into higher roles or different cities. Me and my friends work hard and have all been moved into higher paid positions.
Pros
grow with company and better pay
Cons
hard work
nice work place
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton,AB5 October 2016
We work as team,it's a nice workplace and the,management are supportive.to us,I enjoy most of my every day work in K-Bro and this is the reason why I stayed there for 6 years.
Pros
free launches
Cons
Waste of energy for inconsiderate supervisors
Staff (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 September 2016
Most of supervisors and acting supervisors are very strict, inconsiderate, that is why people there just come and go. All staff are exhausted
Pros
Cons
Very physical demanding job.
poor management
plant worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 May 2016
Not a good place to work...They like to threaten and intimidate workers....Totally unorganized.. work was heavy and hard ..working in plant with commercial dryers...and lots of heat. heavy carts to move...
Cons
low pay....threatening managers....too much b s
productive and learn to deal with others
Production Labourer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 May 2016
while working at k-bro i become more hardworker and productive.i've learned how to deal with the management and co-workers.the hardest part of the job sometimes is the pressure that you need to reach the quota of at least 50 carts a day.
Pros
3 days off
Cons
long hours of work
awesome workplace
Linen Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2015
I love the people and my boss and the work itself, K-bro is a very productive company as it supplies linen to hospitals in Edmonton.
too much worj load compare to salary
sorter (Current Employee) –  calgary26 March 2015
Good for starter but move on after ,too much work load less breaks and gossips management needs to improve and treat like workers not slaves
Pros
good shift
Cons
dirty clothes