K-Bro Linen System Inc. (K-Bro) is the Canadian Leader in Laundry and Linen Services to the Healthcare and Hospitality Industries. With 8 plants across Canada, K-Bro employs over 1,600 employees and is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. There is an immediate opening for a Maintenance Engineering Manager/Director at our Canada Way plant in Burnaby, British Columbia.
For the Maintenance Engineering Manager/Director position, K-Bro is looking for an experienced, energetic and a highly organized hands-on leader to lead a team of Engineers and Maintenance personnel. As a key senior member of the Canada Way Plant Management Team, you will work closely with the operations and finance team, and make a direct contribution to the success of the plant.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Maximizing equipment uptime, availability and reliability;
- Overall management of the department;
- Accountability for the department budget;
- Setting up and managing maintenance programs and spare parts management systems;
- Leading continuous improvement activities, including implementing and enforcing lean principles;
- Project Management – Designing and managing process improvement initiatives;
- Organizing training for maintenance personnel;
- External contractor management, including contract negotiations, new equipment installation, and renovations;
- Ensuring all job requisitions from other departments are completed fully and in a timely manner
Your previous skills and experience include:
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline
- 4th Class Power Engineer Certificate (3rd class designation is considered an asset)
- Leading and coaching a team of Engineers and Maintenance personnel
- 3-5 years’ experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Trade certification as a millwright, industrial electrician or similar
- Strong technical skills: industrial engineering, process engineering, manufacturing engineering, Millwrighting, electrical or controls
- Strong Electrical background
- Budget management and financial aptitude
- Vendor relationship management
- Complex project management
- Sound knowledge of MS Office, Visio/AutoCAD
K-Bro offers competitive salaries and a full benefits package including extended health, RSP and performance bonuses. Salary for this position will depend on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
K-Bro Linen Income Fund (the Fund) is an open-ended, limited-purpose trust based in Canada. The Fund was created for the purpose of...