K-Bro Linen Systems Inc. is a growing Canadian leader in commercial laundry, providing services to some of Canada’s largest and most respected healthcare institutions and hotels. With 8 processing plants across Canada, K-Bro employs over 1,600 employees and is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. The Transportation Manager will be based out of our Burnaby plant on Canada Way and near Willingdon. (Adjacent to BCIT)
The Ideal Candidate: You are an experienced and highly organized supply chain professional, with a successful track record of leading and managing a large department of drivers. As a self-starter, you are a customer-focussed manager with a “can do” attitude, willing to go above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction and operational success, including getting into a truck yourself and making a customer delivery if necessary. You intuitively understand the link between production and freight, and can plan ahead in anticipation of potential delivery challenges. With significant experience managing a fleet of trucks, you are able to create and maintain a vehicle maintenance program to ensure maximum vehicle availability while virtually eliminating unscheduled maintenance. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, you are able to create and manage routes and driver schedules, as well as keep ongoing record of department expenditures and vehicle maintenance schedules.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Logistics Manager is responsible for the following:
- Manage, coach, and train a team of up to 20 drivers
- Ensure all daily deliveries are completed in a safe, timely and courteous manner
- Ensure weekly schedules are sufficient to cover all deliveries while optimizing efficiency and cost
- Monitor, analyze and improve key delivery metrics such as OT and fuel consumption
- Continuously review delivery routes to find improvements and efficiencies
- Ensure sufficient staffing levels
- Create and manage a scheduled vehicle maintenance program
- Collaborate with the Customer Service Manager in investigating and resolving delivery issues
- Make customer deliveries when required
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experiences and credentials:
- Extensive 5 tons truck driving experience
- Good knowledge of vehicle mechanics
- Minimum 3 years previous supervisory experience
- Valid Class 5 drivers’ license with clean driving abstract
- Post-secondary education in supply chain management, logistics or business would be an asset
- Building a high performing team and the ability to motivate
- Knowledge of Lower Mainland and Whistler geography
- Strong customer service focus
- Good interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Able to work with tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Strong organizational, planning, problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Cantonese or Mandarin would be an asset
If you fit this profile and wish to join a dynamic team in a growing industry-leading company, we look forward to receiving and reviewing your Cover Letter and Resume.
Compensation: Up to $70,000 per year, plus benefits. Actual compensation will depend on the successful candidates’ experience. The entire compensation plan will consist of a base salary, performance-based bonus, and comprehensive extended health benefits.
K-Bro Linen Income Fund (the Fund) is an open-ended, limited-purpose trust based in Canada. The Fund was created for the purpose of...