K+S has an exciting opportunity to offer to a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the Saskatoon team as a Manager - Insurance, Liability and Risk.
Reporting to the CFO, this position is responsible to develop and implement the risk management program for all K+S Potash Canada corporate assets, facilities and goods and services contracts and for all activities related to the Legacy Project. The successful candidate will analyze insurance needs and secure optimum coverage for the organization to reduce exposure to risk and to support the company’s strategic goals.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and implement a risk management and insurance strategy for all K+S Potash Canada corporate assets, facilities and goods and services contracts as well as all activities related to the Legacy Project
- Assess and mitigate third party liability caused through contracts and law as well as potential financial loss exposures caused by property and business interruption damages
- Negotiate premium rating levels for insurances
- Manage, negotiate and recover claims in a timely manner
- Liaise with brokers on a regular basis and maintain strong business relationships
- Maintain strong liaison with Procurement, Legal and Cost Control departments
- Advise K+S Potash Canada on contractual matters, particularly in relation to complex liability, indemnity and insurance issues
We require the following qualifications for this role:
- 10 – 15+ years’ of progressive experience in strategic management of commercial insurance, liability and risk
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Law or a related field
- Experience working in an environment related to a multi-billion dollar project is required, preferably in the mining or oil and gas industry
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking skills, including the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Expert knowledge of insurance markets, regulatory requirements, procurement procedures and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of claims handling procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Good organizational skills and ability to deliver within tight deadlines
K+S Potash Canada is part of the K+S Group, one of the world’s leading suppliers of standard and speciality fertilizers and the world’s leading salt producer. With more than one hundred years of mining experience K+S offers a comprehensive range of goods and services for agriculture and industry and employs more than 14,000 people globally. K+S is in the initial stages of developing a new potash mine near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, and is building its workforce to support its development and ongoing operations expected in 2015.
K+S Potash Canada is committed to building a representative workforce, including Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities.
To apply, please visit our website at www.ks-potashcanada.com and submit your application electronically.
K+S Potash Canada is part of the K+S Group, one of the world’s leading suppliers of standard and speciality fertilizers and the world’s...