K’(Prime) Technologies Inc.
#105, 90 Freeport Blvd.
Calgary, Alberta T3J 5J9
Phone: (403) 226-5897
Fax: (403) 226-5738
Web site: www.kprime.net
About the Company:
K'(Prime) Technologies is a young growing company that is set to expand into Eastern Canada. Our focus is to sell, service and support laboratory equipment in a cost effective manner. K’(Prime) is the largest supplier of sales/service for analytical instrumentation in Western Canada. We are the authorized sales and a strategic service provider for Agilent Technologies (Life Science and Chemical Analysis Group) in various geographies across Canada. K’(Prime) directly offers finance options for analytical equipment, accessory products for gas chromatography, sales and service of pre-owned ion chromatography equipment and workstations for controlling analytical instruments.
K’(Prime) Technologies can truly provide a one stop shopping experience for analytical instruments from the hardware, software, supplies, installation, training, and extended warranty/service contract options right through to financing the instrument.
Our clients include various environmental service labs, refinery labs, government research facilities, university research labs, pharmaceutical and biotech labs, healthcare facilities and a wide range of analytical laboratories.
In addition to a wage based on education and experience, we offer a comprehensive benefits plan, reimbursement of expenses, and a profit sharing program. A base salary will be complemented with a structured sales commission.
The candidate exhibits exceptional interpersonal skills, superior oral and written communication skills, and a demonstrated capability to work independently. A strong understanding of analytical instrumentation and previous sales or service experience is an asset. This position will be based from your home office in the Greater Toronto Area. The successful candidate reports to the National Sales Manager.
- College or university degree in a science field
- Experience or theoretical knowledge of chromatography is required
- Hands-on experience with GC, HPLC and LC/MS is desirable
- Experience in the lab environment is an asset – environmental, forensic, oil/gas or university preferred
- Should possess very good communication skills (spoken and written)
- Telephone selling and cold calling skills are desirable – give specific examples
- Ability to multi-task and to be very organized is essential – give specific examples
- Good follow-up skills are required – give specific examples
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- You must possess a valid driver’s license and a vehicle
- Preparing sales quotations – both budgetary and formal
- The majority of customer interactions will be through telephone and email. Some (less than 25% of your time) on site visits may be required.
- Being a strong proponent of a consultative selling technique
- Updating and keeping current CRM
- Primary focus will be service contract sales and helping maintain a service contract sales funnel for the assigned territory
- This position will also be responsible for the sale of upgrades and components to existing customers systems within the defined sales territory
- Participating in outbound marketing activities
- Keeping local service and administrative personnel updated with information pertinent to their completing their duties
- Developing knowledge of a sales territory that includes customer’s organization, budget cycle, funding sources, applications, etc.
- Developing a sales coverage plan detailing how the assigned sales territory will be covered to achieve the assigned sales quota
- Working with Sales Specialists to achieve common sales quotas
- Keeping current with new products, new applications and developing new customers
- Gathering and/or creating technical information for presentation to customers
- Finding answers to technical questions from customers about instrumentation
- Preparing sales presentation materials
- Participating and providing feedback in monthly sales forecast meetings
- Participating in sales training – both sales and product – when and where necessary. This could be via internet, in a K’Prime location or at a manufacturing site.
- Assisting with and designing marketing tools as necessary
- Responsible for submitting all required forms (ie. expenses, forecasts, etc.) within specified time windows
The successful candidate will be located in a home office in the Greater Toronto area. . Some overnight travel (less than 10%) may be required.
- K’(Prime) Technologies is a pay-for-performance organization and all positions within the organization have some performance measure associated with its compensation
- As a minimum, the base pay is comprised of 70% of the target compensation with sales commissions making up the difference to 100% of the target compensation.
- Target compensation is defined as the sum of the base pay + commissions earned for 100% quota performance of all assigned quotas.
Please ensure that your cover letter/resume details how your experience relates to the duties of this position.
Application by e-mail only; subject line of e-mail should be “Outside Sales - GTA” Individual confirmation of receipt of your resume will be sent back to you directly. A second e-mail will be sent to those individuals qualifying for an interview. Candidates sending resumes by mail, fax, or making requests by phone will not be included in the selection process.
Primary focus will be service contract sales and helping maintain a service contract sales funnel for the assigned territory
November 9, 2012
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to consent to employee screening checks. These may include, but are not limited to: criminal record check, verification of employment history, verification of academic credentials, and verification of identification.