JYSK Employee Reviews

So long ago
Order Picker, Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC25 April 2017
It was a fun environment with decent management. Day included picking orders and receiving inbound freight. There was room for advancement when I was there.
a typical day at work
Store Warehouse Assistance & Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 April 2017
A typical day at work, i am there to take care of the customers in-store, and I have to lift heavy object in the warehouse to give it to the customer. Overall, it was a busy job and everyday is different.
Pros
it was a busy job and everyday is different.
Cons
management
Its decent here
Cashier/Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2017
I really enjoyed working here. Not to busy but not to boring.
The people I worked with were where I made most of my friends when I first moved to edmonton. It was the workers that made it best experience for me there,
Pros
nearby stores to eat from
Cons
low pay
Very good hours.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 April 2017
Good place to work learned a lot there. On a daily basis there is a lot of work to be done sometimes because things move around the store pretty often, but it is a good place to be if you don't like doing a lot of lifting and climbing it wouldnt be suitable.
Pros
good hours
not great
Asst Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK17 March 2017
prefer to discuss in person. There was some good and bad points in working for JYSK. The store was ok to work for however management and head office staff is very unprofessional and things at that store need to be dealt with better.
very disappointing
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 March 2017
a typical day at work would be described as being in the movie Mean Girls. No matter what you do the Manager will pick on you and make you feel bad about yourself.
Pros
contests, the x-mas gifts from the company
Cons
always feeling bad about yourself
Very nice management team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 March 2017
The manager is very accommodating and the employees are very awesome. Every staff has designated task to do everyday..
Pros
Very accommodating in availability
Cons
Lack of hours
Positive Work Environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 February 2017
A typical day at JYSK involves some minor mental math, light cleaning, and a heavy emphasis on friendliness.
I learned a lot about the workings of cash registers and the typical environment in a retail store.
Management is pleasant, laid-back, and on the side of employees.
The culture is very friendly.
The hardest part of the job is certainly dealing with demanding customers who do not and will not understand our company's policy.
The best part of the job, in my opinion, is my colleagues.
Pros
Friendly, laid-back environment
Cons
Unreliable hours
Fast pace environment, with awesome staff.
Sale Associate / Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 January 2017
Jysk is a great place to start off in the retail world. They help build product knowledge and teach you how to sell and reach out to customers without fear. Great job for kids starting out. Management is fair and are always willing to work with you.
Inconsistent
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 January 2017
This job's hours and management are too inconsistent for my liking, it would be better for someone who is ok with this type of schedule.
Really Positive Place To Work!
Cashier, Front Line Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON19 January 2017
A typical day at work for me would consist of working along side numerous co-workers and cashiers. Helping and cashing out many customers and giving a helping hand where needed. I have learned a lot working at JYSK. I have learned to be very patient and try to help every customer that comes into the store or over the phone with any concerns or questions. The management is really great and very willing to work around my schedule and very flexible. The work place culture is very calm and welcoming and everyone comes in with a positive attitude and ready to work. The hardest part of the job for me would have to be the standing on my feet for 8 hours straight. It is very tiring and has caused me to have really bad knee and feet problems. The most enjoyable part of the job would be seeing customers happy when leaving the store and the people that I work with each and every day that I am in.
Jysk
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON16 January 2017
The people are great. Management is very organized and professional. They treat you well, unfortunately hours are not what they could be for this season.
Organized Good paced work enviorment
JYSK (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 January 2017
Opened store help costumers. While promoting furniture and mattress sales. Kept sales floor organized. Worked with other departments like warehouse and cash register. Help closed on occasionally.
Pros
Low stress enviorment
Cons
certain tactics for employees
Not recommended
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 January 2017
Found the management of this company to be horrible. The district manager was a rude chauvinist and there were many double standards for men vs. women.

I have heard through the grapevine that his contract was not renewed so it may be a different type on environment now.
Pros
Discount on merchandise
Cons
Poorly managed district (SK)
Jysk
Cashier and Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 December 2016
As a cashier at Jysk you are required to preform a lot of task within a shift, generally speaking easy tasks that you can get done quickly. Coworkers are friendly and easy to work with at the Mississauga location, management on the other hand not very great.
Horrible
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON9 December 2016
I would never shop here again let alone work here again. The management was rude and gossiped about everyone. They were abusive to staff. They put staff members down. They didn't properly train any new staff. The staff is all miserable and hates their jobs.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, long shifts, no overtime, no training, poor management
Hard work, independence and self reliance expected daily.
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK2 September 2016
Hard work, independence and self reliance expected daily. Lift heavy objects, set up and organized furniture / merchandise displays, and finally help direct and assist costumers on opening day once the store had been set up.
stressful work day
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario7 June 2016
my fellow employees make it good, management is what ruins us all.
Management acts like children, unbearable most days
I am ready to walk away, waiting on help from ministry of labor
this company is awful
just stay away
an entry level job
E-commerce agent (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC9 May 2016
I had some very difficult co-workers to be with, was sworn at by customers and would love to be happy in my career. I was kept in the dark about a number of issues and am not really sure where I can voice my concert and each day I pray to begin a great new career and I not sure when that will happen
Pros
short drive
Cons
misery
Good Job but, only temporary
Warehouse Worker/Store Setup (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK2 May 2016
Good co-workers and large variety of work where i picked up different skills. Take down of old store and set up of new store. Good job but, only temporary.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Temporary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JYSK. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval