JYSK Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
My Employment at JYSK
Floor Manager (Former Employee), Northgate, Calgary ABMay 13, 2014
Pros: good team
Cons: really long hours.
When I first stepped into the doors of JYSK, I had been impressed with the cleanliness of the showroom floor. I did look at the lack there of merchandising and how things flowed. I handed a floor manager my resume. I began calling when I had not heard from them for a week. I finally got a hold of the manager and she agreed to meet me with me for an – more... interview.
When I showed 30 minutes early for the interview, I had the pleasure of meeting her, and I knew the job was mine. I had only applied to be an associate and within the two weeks of my training, i was promoted to floor manager. Yes only two weeks and i had proven I had strong customer service skills, and I had strong judge of character. I enjoyed my job greatly, and took it seriously. I enjoyed training others in merchandising. Teaching them the value in product placement, and how something that seemed to look cheap can look like a pirates treasure. As a floor manager, I had to make sure employees on my shift where completing their assigned tasks for the day, and holding them accountable when not complete. Hardest part of my job was being the hammer. I had the guts and confidence to solve problems, and hand discipline when required. The best part of my job was knowing that I helped create a great team, and make future leaders in whatever career they chose in their paths. – less
Assistant Manager - Soft Goods (Former Employee), Burlington, ONApril 24, 2014
Pros: nice bright working conditions, great people
Cons: lot of 10 hrs shifts
A Good company to work for, Great merchandise for those just starting out in a new home, or the dorm room. Long hours but the pay is fair.
Reasonably-paced workplace
Cashier/stock person (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: great discount, fun coworkers (for the most part)
Cons: the manager at the time was very unorganized and seemingly oblivious.
My day would start with prepping the tills and tidying up the area around the tills. I would typically be putting away stock in the morning before any customers came into the store, but on busier days I would be on till all day.
The manager at the time didn't really seem to have a clue..
Demanding that we stay until 7:30PM on Christmas eve, only to – more... return at about 5AM on boxing day. After working so hard and even picking up shifts over the Christmas holiday, I was very displeased to be told they were letting me go because I had become very ill. – less
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), grande prairie albertaApril 16, 2014
Pros: good friends
Cons: to much drama in workplace
it was a great place to work , nice people, good hours but there was many cons to the job like, drama...
Productive and helpful enviorment
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Markham And LawrenceApril 6, 2014
take orders from team, and bring them out the warehouse
assist in loading truck with items
remove new inventory from truck
cleaning of warehouse( daily)
tagging and organizing products in assigned areas.
Alright part time job
warehouser (Current Employee), Nanaimo BCMarch 5, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: boring, poor management, nothing gets done
Hours always being cut back, not a fun place to work, pays only minimum wage
Fast-paced and Friendly work enviroment
Warehouse Employee (Current Employee), Guelph, ONMarch 2, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: at times there is not enough comunications
A typical day will consist of carrying out furniture from the warehouse. As well I work on the floor and help in generating sales in our furniture department. I have learned selling techniques from my management on how to be successful in selling furniture. My management team is helpful and easy going. I enjoy working with my co-workers.
Working at JYSK
Retail Sales (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 15, 2014
Great environment to work in. I was hired to open the store and work part time as a sales associate. Opening the store helped me to gain a lot of experience with labeling and organizing merchandise, understanding the store layout and stocking merchandise. A typical day at work was usually steady, very busy on Thursdays because of shipments arriving. – more... Over all it was great working at JYSK. My co-workers were great and supportive. Opening the store was the best part about my job, starting with a empty store and just watching it grow is pretty exciting. – less
Warehouse representative (Part-time) (Current Employee), London, ONJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: bad times
I would have shifts every week with lots of work to do and heavy lifting but i really enjoyed it because it was like working out while getting paid. It was a fun experience.
Had learned lots
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 14, 2014
Learned merchandising skills.
Doing set up according to season is fun over there.
Sometimes facing under-staff in the store is the hardest job to handle everything but that had made me more strong to build my confidence.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 13, 2014
I still work at JYSK, but my hours are being cut and I need to find another job. I love working here, and enjoy working with all the staff and management.
I learned how to be a cashier, counting cash at the start of my shift and counting the tills at the end of my shirt.
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers and meeting people.
EyeEm Ambassador (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2013
Great company to work for! Typical day was unloading 3 full trailers, merchandising ALL the stock coming off those trailers. Interacting and developing new store staff on company standards and customer service. Hardest part of the job was leaving!
Fun and never boring place to work
Soft Goods Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Oakville, ONJuly 18, 2013
Great place to work, very busy, never a dull moment. Meeting new people and colleagues are very friendly. Good place to start a career in the retail sector.
Productive work environment
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJuly 17, 2013
Pros: the co workers
Cons: long hours/ shifts changed on a daily basis
The hardest part of the job was you had to give them 2 weeks notice if you needed a day off......so if an emergency came along and you needed time off you had to give them a written letter from your dr.
Okay place
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 4, 2013
employees were friendly
management was okay
must be able to deal with customers
Lacking in Ethics and Management Support
General Manager (Current Employee), WinnipegJuly 3, 2013
Pros: great pay and bonus structure
Cons: no support from district management!
Management and Corporate COO lack in morals, professionalism and ethics. District managers are not accessible. Not leaders by example.

Great pay, bonuses and benefits. If your looking for a position and you have no morals or passion to drive results. Jysk is the store.
not a good palce to work
cashier / costumer service (Former Employee), burlington fairviewApril 19, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: mangement was not courprative and not nice
a typical day at work would be cleaning the cash area at the front at the beginning of the day then cleaning the windows i would then hep costumers with they items and answer the phone when it rang for costumer service ,the management was not friendly and was not willing to listen to you if you felt like you needed to go home because you were sick i – more... feel as i got fired because i went home sick one day and no one would cover my shift. – less
Not a good company for fairness and growth
Sales /Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), London, ONApril 18, 2013
Not a good company for fairness and growth
Does not treat employees fair
Poor management
Fun work place
assist the needs of people within the store (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 27, 2013
We've had our manager switched 3 ties and the amount of hours given is not enough. The people there are great to work with
Fun work place
Advertisement Coordinator (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: worked with with schooling schedule
Cons: min. wage job
Great people and managers at the Peterborough Store. Worked at customer service rep, season manager and advertisement coordinator. Able to move around and obtain new skill and different areas of the store.

1 2 3