JYSK Employee Reviews

Fun, fast-paced place to work
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK12 December 2017
Typical day at work is dealing with friendly people, awesome coworkers, pretty busy place. I've learnt so much working here, my mangers have taught me so much from the very start.
Managment is great! They are very helpful, very friendly, always makes sure customer satisfaction is number 1!
The store is clean, tidy, well stocked.
The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with!

We are a very outgoing, energetic group of people!! :)
Easy place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2017
Didn't work there for too long, don't really have a minimum of 150 characters to type about it. why is that a thing I'm so close now just a bit more haha
Productive and fun workplace
Senior AP Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC26 September 2017
It's pretty impressive of working experience in JYSK because it's a fast expanding company has more than about 100 stores across Canada plus a web store.

Learned some new processing method on credit card reconciliation.
Pros
close to my home
A friendly working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 September 2017
Co worker is friendly.
Managers is very accommodating with the schedule.
They are very particular with staff break.
They will support you in your decisions.
They will help you if you are dealing with difficult customer.
Pros
15 staff discount
Cons
lesser hours
Poor working environment
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK20 September 2017
They don't give loyal workers any hours. With not getting any hours comes not getting benefits. The employees need a better attitude. The warehouse is an absolute disaster 90%, the only time it is clean is when the district manager comes out.Boxes are damaged a lot by the carelessness of the warehouse crew.The store manager does not give a hoot about his job just that hes glad to be paid good money.
Pros
exerience
Cons
absolutely bad company
welcoming company
Store Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 September 2017
This company is one I recommend to friends who want a fast paced job with growth potential. Working for Jysk I learned a lot and made several lifelong friends.
Pros
culture of growth and community
Cons
salaried position
Fun workplace.
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 September 2017
An average day the field is going to stores and picking up product from them. Interacting with the managers and warehouse workers. Driving to customers houses and delivering their product.

Hardest part of the job is lifting the heavy boxes.

Most enjoyable part of the job is watching the smiles on the customers faces when they recieve their product.
Pros
Good people to work with
Fun place to work
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 August 2017
Enjoyed working with management and fellow employees. Enjoyed helping customers with what they were looking for. Enjoyed getting to know the products that the company sold.
Pros
good co workers
My time was ok
Customer Service Representative/Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 July 2017
The managment turn over was very high. It was hard to get to know your manager when they weren't there long. It was hard to build trust. The environment itself was ok but being micro managed about everything and by everyone was hard because they all wanted different things.
Pros
Great Chrismas parties.
Wouldn't recommend anyone to work there
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 July 2017
Had the worst experience working there, management was terrible. Pay is not worth it working in the warehouse, only got a 4.5 hour shift a week and if u try to call in sick or u got something important to do they got furious and told me they should hired someone else. Also everyones hours were getting cut because they kept hiring new people for no reason. Worst 6 months, I recommend no one to ever work there. Some co-workers were okay though
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Rude and teribble management, they bothered to schedule a 4.5 shift once a week, pay is not worth
Good energy
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 July 2017
Was a good environment to work in if you like high stress and fast pace working. I think that there need to be changes to procedures but all in all a good place to work
Horrid management!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC27 June 2017
Jysk was a horrible place to work! I enjoyed working the floor and till with my coworkers, however the manager was less than professional. She would call you names, swear at you, make you feel less than adequate constantly! If she didn't like you, you'd end up getting one part time shift per month like me and many others but would never fire an employee.
When hiring, she would judge on looks more than personality and ability to accomplish the tasks.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Manager
unprofessional
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedarbrae, ON29 May 2017
company was productive but had a unprofessioanl managment team
unfortanelty they had 3 to 4 different managerment teams in the past 2 years of me working there. Also the company had a lack of following saftey procedures that made the work field very unsafe
Pros
Near Home
Cons
Lack of professionalism
upbeat work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC28 May 2017
I enjoyed my time at Jysk very much, The co workers were all friendly and easy to get along with. Management was prompt to resolves issues, and was easy to get in touch with when needed. Safety was of utmost importance and i was never asked to do anything i did not feel comfortable with. I was work at Jysk again any day!
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
sometimes not having in stock what the flyer was advertising
Decent
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 May 2017
working warehouse is pretty easy. under staffed but still manageable. hours are part time so flexible is a possibility.
minimum wage.
friendly co workers
Pros
relaxed work environment. friendly coworkers
Cons
you can be on call without even knowing your on call. hours can vary.
Visual work!
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 April 2017
High display cases, visual merchandising with management, floor plan designs, implementing sales, working with employees as a leader, helping customers with their needs.
So long ago
Order Picker, Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC25 April 2017
It was a fun environment with decent management. Day included picking orders and receiving inbound freight. There was room for advancement when I was there.
a typical day at work
Store Warehouse Assistance & Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 April 2017
A typical day at work, i am there to take care of the customers in-store, and I have to lift heavy object in the warehouse to give it to the customer. Overall, it was a busy job and everyday is different.
Pros
it was a busy job and everyday is different.
Cons
management
Its decent here
Cashier/Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2017
I really enjoyed working here. Not to busy but not to boring.
The people I worked with were where I made most of my friends when I first moved to edmonton. It was the workers that made it best experience for me there,
Pros
nearby stores to eat from
Cons
low pay
Very good hours.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 April 2017
Good place to work learned a lot there. On a daily basis there is a lot of work to be done sometimes because things move around the store pretty often, but it is a good place to be if you don't like doing a lot of lifting and climbing it wouldnt be suitable.
Pros
good hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JYSK. Our community is ready to answer.