JYSK CANADA Employee Reviews

Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2017
a typical day at work is standing around greeting customers, organising shelves, and putting stock away. What I've learned is pretty much nothing. Management is good.
Pros
Free lunches
Great Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 August 2017
Great team work and lots of opportunities for advancement. The team is welcoming and open to getting feedback. It is a busy environment but every in the stores are team players.
Pros
Good management, Advancement Opportunities
Good people
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 June 2017
Great people to work with
Fun products
Great fast passed environment
Lots of room to expand
Family based company
Fun team members
Co-operating team members
Okay Retail Job
Cash Lead (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 May 2017
JYSK is still not very well known. You sell furniture like IKEA and have to be a sales person as well as a warehouse worker. It can be a fun place to work, and you can get some pretty good deals on floor models.
Pros
Cheap returned furniture, pretty laid back
Cons
Working in the warehouse, small staff
I loved this job.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC14 May 2017
I worked at Jysk in Kelowna, BC, and I loved it. The managers were great people, and always helped if one of the sales associates needed it. Bonuses were a great incentive to do well in your section. It was a friendly atmosphere to work in, and the company itself treated its employees very well. They worked with me when I broke my foot and still wanted to be able to work.
Pros
Bonuses for higher sales in your section, overtime every week.
Cons
Cashier shifts. But even those weren't too bad.
Awful, don't waste your time.
Assistant Manager (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 May 2017
This store gives high hopes with absolutely no follow through.
Terrible store managers - I was an assistant manager which is more like a glorified slave. Terrible work place practices. Harassment, bullying, micromanaging and no trust given. Terribly disorganized, time wasters, life wasters negative atmosphere. This discount saves you the tax which is a waste cause we live in Ontario and tax is 13% anyways.
They want you to work 10+ hr days even though you're only supposed to work 44 hrs a week. No benefits until 6 months. Gigantically huge disappointment of an experience. JYSK in London Ontario (either location) don't waste your life or energy with awful management and a company that's probably going to be bankrupt in the next 3 years anyhow.
Pros
What pro's?
Cons
Literally everything.
management
Furniture Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2017
one of the most uncoordinated management I have ever worked for.
Managers did not know what each other's plan s were for the day leaving staff unsure on their duties.
Pros
free lunches here and there
Cons
management was never cooperating together leaving the staff unsure of what to do.
An ok place to work while you search for another position
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC7 March 2017
An open concept office, so full-time employees are expected to work till 6 or 7 without overtime pay. The managers in the Finance department are flat out rude.

Work culture toes the line between 'today wasn't so bad' and 'I need to update my resume'.
Pros
Great coffee and free snacks, a lot of different tasks to complete, thus the workday remains interesting
Cons
Very little training and direction given, often complete tasks without fully understanding the purpose of each step
Never ever join ..big mistake
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC23 November 2016
Newer join this company in Finance department .too much politics , harsment , will get sick . Very bad managment .finance manager has no skills in leadership,no politeness .both CFO and manager the same .. these people keeps the mouth shut of peoples working in finance team.ashamed of these kind of peoples in finance team of jysk .
Pros
Nonsense jokes by cfo
Cons
Long hours, harassing atmosphere, wrong persons on manger and CFO positions in finance team
Friendly and fun environment to work at
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 November 2016
Friendly and fun environment to work at. I love working with those store managers as well as with the other staff on Kerr St in Oakville 'coz you can learn a lot of things from them. Although i worked as a warehouse associate at that store from Fall '15 to Spring 2016, they let me learn how to be great at Sales. Who cares about breaktime if youre getting spiff for selling those world class mattresses. Sales! Sales! Sales! Not to mention, Love working on wednesday nights! I missed ya'll! Thank you from the bottom of my heart...
Pros
Everyday is a learning process; Very clean and organized store
Cons
Mystery shopper is still a mystery to me
Recommend this company a great deal
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 October 2016
Through 3 years I have learned even more about retail and business than in my previous 15 years of management experience. They let you run the store like you own the business, and provide great support. Great people, lots of laughs and memories.
Awful Experience
Former Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  British Columbia24 September 2016
Where to begin, abusive management, high percentage of the staff have dated each other our still dating or are married. Fishing off the company pier appears to be the standard. Great staff until you reach the management level. The higher up you go the worse it gets. Would not recommend Jysk to anyone. Four of my friends have worked for Jysk some in management and all have left under awful abusive circumstances. Note issues were not just with one store
Pros
Great entry level staff
Cons
Management is a joke
Easily some of the best people to work with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB8 September 2016
While I personally found the work to be too slow, it was never too stressful and when things did get stressed the store manager excelled at de-escalating the situation.

I learned a lot about marketing, management, sales, and how to be a better employee.

The store manager was great, the upper management was not awful and in fact seemed friendly when they visited.

My co-workers were amazing people who made day to day life there easy and enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job for me was slow patches, I don't do well with being bored.

The most enjoyable part for me was probably sales.
Pros
great co-workers, great boss, very chill
Cons
breaks aren't paid, a lot of physical work, sometimes very boring
Tiring
Warehouse/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 February 2016
A typical day at JYSK was difficult, my day consisted of heavy lifting, receiving shipments of product, organizing the warehouse, and attending to customer questions and order requests. The co-workers were decent, only a few were interactive. The management was decent as well, only the head manager was truly informative to me. The hardest part of the job was having to lift 50-80 pounds of product quickly and efficiently, while having to attend to customer demands in a timely manor. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I made a great relationship with one of my co-workers, which resulted in gaining a reference for future positions. What I learned from working at JYSK was how to keep a cool head under pressure as well as remain a high level of respect for customers no matter how stressful the task may become.
Love the products, not the schedule
Sign Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON17 April 2015
Worked at a brand new location. Management was always changing. Never knew what your schedule was from day to day. Always changing and cutting hours.
Never had enough staff in to properly run store.
I've been in since I left and seems to be running better. I think better management would have made a difference to my work experience.
Pros
Fun co workers
Cons
low pay, hours cut
Assistant manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 July 2014
Terrible culture for employees. Did not like to say when the employee did a good job only criticized.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Current manager is difficult to deal with some days
Department Manager/Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AB25 February 2014
JYSK over all was an amazing experience, but unfortunately the south side management team needs work. great staff, and great management at other locations but i wouldn't want to work there again if the same south side manager was there.
Pros
lots to learn and do. learned about merchandising mostly
Cons
Large stores take dedicated staff, and if their hearts arent in it, it can be tough
Great place to work but store can get very disorganized quickly.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 November 2012
Very nice place of employment. Friendly staff and employees. Generous with hours to work. Understanding to personal family situations. Overall great place to work at.
Pros
friendly people, generous with hours, great employee discount.
Cons
store gets very messy and disorganized throughout the day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JYSK CANADA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8