JYSK CANADA Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Easily some of the best people to work with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABSeptember 8, 2016
While I personally found the work to be too slow, it was never too stressful and when things did get stressed the store manager excelled at de-escalating the situation.

I learned a lot about marketing, management, sales, and how to be a better employee.

The store manager was great, the upper management was not awful and in fact seemed friendly when they visited.

My co-workers were amazing people who made day to day life there easy and enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job for me was slow patches, I don't do well with being bored.

The most enjoyable part for me was probably sales.
Pros
great co-workers, great boss, very chill
Cons
breaks aren't paid, a lot of physical work, sometimes very boring
Tiring
Warehouse/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 7, 2016
A typical day at JYSK was difficult, my day consisted of heavy lifting, receiving shipments of product, organizing the warehouse, and attending to customer questions and order requests. The co-workers were decent, only a few were interactive. The management was decent as well, only the head manager was truly informative to me. The hardest part of the job was having to lift 50-80 pounds of product quickly and efficiently, while having to attend to customer demands in a timely manor. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I made a great relationship with one of my co-workers, which resulted in gaining a reference for future positions. What I learned from working at JYSK was how to keep a cool head under pressure as well as remain a high level of respect for customers no matter how stressful the task may become.
Awful Experience
Former Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaSeptember 24, 2016
Where to begin, abusive management, high percentage of the staff have dated each other our still dating or are married. Fishing off the company pier appears to be the standard. Great staff until you reach the management level. The higher up you go the worse it gets. Would not recommend Jysk to anyone. Four of my friends have worked for Jysk some in management and all have left under awful abusive circumstances. Note issues were not just with one store
Pros
Great entry level staff
Cons
Management is a joke
Love the products, not the schedule
Sign Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONApril 17, 2015
Worked at a brand new location. Management was always changing. Never knew what your schedule was from day to day. Always changing and cutting hours.
Never had enough staff in to properly run store.
I've been in since I left and seems to be running better. I think better management would have made a difference to my work experience.
Pros
Fun co workers
Cons
low pay, hours cut
Assistant manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJuly 9, 2014
Terrible culture for employees. Did not like to say when the employee did a good job only criticized.
Pros
hours
Cons
management
Current manager is difficult to deal with some days
Department Manager/Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton ABFebruary 25, 2014
JYSK over all was an amazing experience, but unfortunately the south side management team needs work. great staff, and great management at other locations but i wouldn't want to work there again if the same south side manager was there.
Pros
lots to learn and do. learned about merchandising mostly
Cons
large stores take dedicated staff, and if their hearts arent in it, it can be tough
Great place to work but store can get very disorganized quickly.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 28, 2012
Very nice place of employment. Friendly staff and employees. Generous with hours to work. Understanding to personal family situations. Overall great place to work at.
Pros
friendly people, generous with hours, great employee discount.
Cons
store gets very messy and disorganized throughout the day.

2.6