JYSK CANADA Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Never ever join ..big mistake
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC23 November 2016
Newer join this company in Finance department .too much politics , harsment , will get sick . Very bad managment .finance manager has no skills in leadership,no politeness .both CFO and manager the same .. these people keeps the mouth shut of peoples working in finance team.ashamed of these kind of peoples in finance team of jysk .
Pros
Nonsense jokes by cfo
Cons
Long hours, harassing atmosphere, wrong persons on manger and CFO positions in finance team
Friendly and fun environment to work at
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 November 2016
Friendly and fun environment to work at. I love working with those store managers as well as with the other staff on Kerr St in Oakville 'coz you can learn a lot of things from them. Although i worked as a warehouse associate at that store from Fall '15 to Spring 2016, they let me learn how to be great at Sales. Who cares about breaktime if youre getting spiff for selling those world class mattresses. Sales! Sales! Sales! Not to mention, Love working on wednesday nights! I missed ya'll! Thank you from the bottom of my heart...
Pros
Everyday is a learning process; Very clean and organized store
Cons
Mystery shopper is still a mystery to me
Awful Experience
Former Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  British Columbia24 September 2016
Where to begin, abusive management, high percentage of the staff have dated each other our still dating or are married. Fishing off the company pier appears to be the standard. Great staff until you reach the management level. The higher up you go the worse it gets. Would not recommend Jysk to anyone. Four of my friends have worked for Jysk some in management and all have left under awful abusive circumstances. Note issues were not just with one store
Pros
Great entry level staff
Cons
Management is a joke
Easily some of the best people to work with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB8 September 2016
While I personally found the work to be too slow, it was never too stressful and when things did get stressed the store manager excelled at de-escalating the situation.

I learned a lot about marketing, management, sales, and how to be a better employee.

The store manager was great, the upper management was not awful and in fact seemed friendly when they visited.

My co-workers were amazing people who made day to day life there easy and enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job for me was slow patches, I don't do well with being bored.

The most enjoyable part for me was probably sales.
Pros
great co-workers, great boss, very chill
Cons
breaks aren't paid, a lot of physical work, sometimes very boring
Recommend this company a great deal
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 October 2016
Through 3 years I have learned even more about retail and business than in my previous 15 years of management experience. They let you run the store like you own the business, and provide great support. Great people, lots of laughs and memories.
Love the products, not the schedule
Sign Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON17 April 2015
Worked at a brand new location. Management was always changing. Never knew what your schedule was from day to day. Always changing and cutting hours.
Never had enough staff in to properly run store.
I've been in since I left and seems to be running better. I think better management would have made a difference to my work experience.
Pros
Fun co workers
Cons
low pay, hours cut
Current manager is difficult to deal with some days
Department Manager/Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AB25 February 2014
JYSK over all was an amazing experience, but unfortunately the south side management team needs work. great staff, and great management at other locations but i wouldn't want to work there again if the same south side manager was there.
Pros
lots to learn and do. learned about merchandising mostly
Cons
Large stores take dedicated staff, and if their hearts arent in it, it can be tough
Great place to work but store can get very disorganized quickly.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 November 2012
Very nice place of employment. Friendly staff and employees. Generous with hours to work. Understanding to personal family situations. Overall great place to work at.
Pros
friendly people, generous with hours, great employee discount.
Cons
store gets very messy and disorganized throughout the day.
Assistant manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 July 2014
Terrible culture for employees. Did not like to say when the employee did a good job only criticized.
Pros
Hours

2.8