JW Research Employee Reviews in Canada

Disorganized Chaos
customer service (Former Employee) –  OntarioJanuary 8, 2016
The most disorganized, unprofessional, joke of a company I have ever worked for. Unrealistic targets considering you are sent home early every day, and the Canadian Tire Store's management doesn't even want this company in most of their stores to promote their own credit cards. There is no communication between JWR and the Managers of the stores they send you to. The hourly wage is nice, but the amount of hours they actually allow you to work negates that. Stay Away!
Pros
Good Wages
Cons
You'll never see the benefits of those wages.
Absoultely senseless
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  CalgaryMay 27, 2016
I referred a friend to a job in this company in British Columbia. Guess what , they rejected him just because he had a Alberta Driving license... What a silly and ridicuolous reason.

If you want to work in any province, then you need to have drivers license issued by that province only. This is absolutely ridiculous
I dont know where this company is heading .
Also, because of the slowdown in economy in Alberta, it EXERTS UNDUE and NEEDLESS pressure on Employees which is indication of the company culture.
If you wanna get suppressed by any organization in life, then join this organization. I would prefer begging on the streets rather than working here
Pros
Cons
DOMINATING culture, taking undue advantage of their employees
Very poor company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 18, 2016
compensation structure is a joke. Barely making over minimum wage. Commissions are stacked so no one earns them. Micro management at its best these days Edmonton is a JOKE Managed from Kelowna by incompetent manager. Don't believe all the reviews. Company forces managers to make sure employees post a positive review. Each manager has to get a couple of people to post good reviews. Company is so bad it is BANNED from advertising and working in

Stop lying to people about how great it is to work for.

Even if you do a small mistake, you get fired, thats how bad it is
Pros
Easy to get a job. Company is desperate so any one can get hired these days
Cons
Bad culture with no margin for error
Poorly managed company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 17, 2016
Very disheartened working here. This company is very unprofessional with every paycheck having errors resulting in pay deficit. When you bring this up, they tell you that payroll has already run and you will have to forfeit the amount which is ridiculous
This company looks at every new joinee as someone who is bringing fraud to them
The District managers and Director openly asks you to reach out to employment standards...
Every small thing is magnified and the employee is portrayed as a thief

This marketing company plays with the lives of the people. So make you decisions wisely folks... They can kick you without a minute warning
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, bad management
Hardwork with less return
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 9, 2016
I walked around and asked everyone whether they want the cards. Unfortunately, most of them have it already. I kept walking and asking. Finally, I got some people, but, I didn't hit my goal. When I got my payment later, I fund that they deduct my work hour and give me less wage.
Pros
work hard
Cons
unfair
Unprofessional
Team lead (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 29, 2015
I worked for JW research in a team lead position for several months. I liked it at first but it's a 6 day a week commitment and even then I didn't always get a day off. $12 an hour is ok but it's hard to reach the bonus when they promise you a $16 an hour job. You also run on Vancouver time and need to be available pretty much 24/7 for managers or other reps to call you even outside of working hours. I was expected to drive other reps with no gas money given and no reimbursement as that's only for management and I was basically a taxi when they needed a car pool out of town 1 hour each way. Most people see you as the annoying credit card person and are rude so it's hard to stay positive. Management needs to be improved in Vancouver, they are very condescending and run useless conference calls then complain that we are taking away from time on the floor. My phone bill was through the roof calling into the conference line and taking long distance calls that only get paid for if you're management. Overall this is the most annoying sales job I've had, most people don't want another credit card and tell you you're annoying. The managers work from home and don't care about employees and never work the long hours or weekends. It's hard to move up and takes a very long time but they promise you a short time. I made some good friends but they usually hire immigrants and people who barely speak English because it's the only job they can get and they always need people because everyone hates it after a while and they quit. Really high turnover and very little support from managers and  more... district managers. They will hold your pay for any reason and take forever to give back expenses, no actual office just set up at Canadian tires or sobeys. Lots of time on your feet and just not worth the money, any serving job will make you triple this much in half the time and is more fun. People treat it so seriously at head office but it's just selling credit cards! McDonald's at least offers benefits and better wage!  less
Pros
Friends
Cons
Long hours, low wage, poor management
Bad culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 12, 2016
This company does not care about its employees. All it does is pressurize their managers which in turn pressurize you.
Your job is on fire all the time and your time could you up anytime, so instability.
Bad career growth, payroll always messes up with your pay...and then eventually your hard earned money is eaten up.

I think that is enough for now. Make your decisions wisely folks
Pros
Travel
Cons
Pay, Management, Instability
Very Poor
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  EdmontonMay 23, 2016
This company will play with the lives and careers of people. The problem is that the Director of this Company is the Puppet Master and not obliging to his orders results in termination of the staff.

Pay is not on time. Most paaychecks have discrepancies

Employees are not given a fair chance at all.
Pros
Poorly managed
Cons
Hugh Turnover
Horrible Experience
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  AlbertaJune 18, 2016
Honestly, it started off well, but after a month and a bit in I still hadn't received a paycheck or any gas compensation for the trips they were expecting me to make. It's been a month since I stopped working with JW and still haven't been fully compensated.
Pros
Nothing perceivably beneficial.
Cons
Experienced free labor.
Competitive with positive attitude to suceed
Sales and Marketing (Team Lead) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 14, 2015
Assume the promoting features of a given product and provide energetic attitude towards the benefits it gives. Establish the customer's financial limits in order to proceed whether or not the customer is able to handle the product.Personal presence and customer satisfaction is a needed key trait needed for the company. The management is always quick to catch bad habits therefore a strict eye is always set upon all employees. Being my role, I am to report performance from the team and to supervise. The hardest part is that it is always competitive and that the company is consistently changing locations. If the foot traffic is low, bonuses are not met. Fortunately, the enjoyable part of the job is that there are coworkers who contribute in a positive work atmosphere
Pros
bonuses
Cons
constantly changing locations, competitive
Fun with staff and customers
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Canadian tire peterborough onMarch 16, 2016
For the most part love the job however I do need full time. The biggest thing I dont like is my job is sales dependant. No sales no job. I enjoy talking to people and being with the public,
Pros
talking to people
Cons
short hours
bad
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCApril 29, 2016
this company just really bad, no pro, don't work for them at all,
they just know push you, let it.
no co worker,bad management.
Pros
no pro
Cons
everything
favorite place to have worked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 12, 2016
i loved working at toys r us it totally was my favorite job. made some new friends and got some experience on cash on the floor and unloading the truck.
Place with high worker turnover
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  CalgaryApril 8, 2015
Typical day at work starts with the morning call with the management then its training and review of sales metrics with the sales representatives.

Coworkers are sales representatives selling mastercards in the Superstores.

Great learning experience in learning to sell financial products, getting to train sales reps and achieving sales targets.

hardest part was retaining the sales reps
Pros
Paid Allownaces
Cons
Long hours and work on weekends
enjoyable work environment and networking
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary International Airport (yyc), Calgary,ABSeptember 16, 2013
Environment of this work is enjoyable. I work with 4-5 people and as a team lead I take care of my responsibility and make sure customer knows every details about Promotion Product. From this job i learned how to handle a typical situation with a customer. I always calm with my customers and try to provide them best service. Management is very poor because the don't provide medical benefits, overt time benefits also they do not have any job security.
The hardest part of this job is Convincing a customer for promotion but I always use different energetic formula to convince them. Even though management is very poor quality but I enjoy to work here because everyday I talk to new people at The Airport. It helps me improve communication skills.
Pros
great co-worker, environment, networking
Cons
long shift, overtime without benefits
Great learning experience
Executive Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 23, 2016
Like said, great learning experience for a student looking to branch out into the business world. Learned to identify and evaluate client needs.
Interaction with new people everyday, and gaining proven experience in sales and marketing.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 13, 2013
As a part of selling financial products, I learned how to convince people to make them purchase your product and manipulate their decisions. The toughest part is when you get refusals for the product for several hours, you get demotivated but I always manage to self motivate, and achieve my targets.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
too much standing on the job.
Nice paying summer job
Sales & Consumer Engagement Representative (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJuly 8, 2015
This was a really great summer job for me as I got to meet a lot of new people and I broke out of my comfort zone. It was a very new experience that allowed me to learn how to take initiative and approach customers. Although it was a tough task to reach daily sales goals, it really built my teamwork skills.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
High pressure selling
challege
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 15, 2015
A good chance to talk with people You can make friends with store staff.
Work by yourself.
The management need to be improved,
Not bad
Consultant (Former Employee) –  calgary airportJanuary 8, 2015
Really depends on how you make the best of days
Good days when you hit goals are awesome
Bad days when nothing happening it sucks
but with awesome co worker make it a little bit better
but management defiantly need a lot of improvement for such company working for bigger companies!
Pros
good money
Cons
bad management

2.6