JW Research Employee Reviews in Canada

bad
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCApril 29, 2016
this company just really bad, no pro, don't work for them at all,
they just know push you, let it.
no co worker,bad management.
Pros
no pro
Cons
everything
Fun with staff and customers
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Canadian tire peterborough onMarch 16, 2016
For the most part love the job however I do need full time. The biggest thing I dont like is my job is sales dependant. No sales no job. I enjoy talking to people and being with the public,
Pros
talking to people
Cons
short hours
favorite place to have worked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 12, 2016
i loved working at toys r us it totally was my favorite job. made some new friends and got some experience on cash on the floor and unloading the truck.
Hardwork with less return
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 9, 2016
I walked around and asked everyone whether they want the cards. Unfortunately, most of them have it already. I kept walking and asking. Finally, I got some people, but, I didn't hit my goal. When I got my payment later, I fund that they deduct my work hour and give me less wage.
Pros
work hard
Cons
unfair
Great learning experience
Executive Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 23, 2016
Like said, great learning experience for a student looking to branch out into the business world. Learned to identify and evaluate client needs.
Disorganized Chaos
customer service (Former Employee) –  OntarioJanuary 8, 2016
The most disorganized, unprofessional, joke of a company I have ever worked for. Unrealistic targets considering you are sent home early every day, and the Canadian Tire Store's management doesn't even want this company in most of their stores to promote their own credit cards. There is no communication between JWR and the Managers of the stores they send you to. The hourly wage is nice, but the amount of hours they actually allow you to work negates that. Stay Away!
Pros
Good Wages
Cons
You'll never see the benefits of those wages.
Unprofessional
Team lead (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 29, 2015
I worked for JW research in a team lead position for several months. I liked it at first but it's a 6 day a week commitment and even then I didn't always get a day off. $12 an hour is ok but it's hard to reach the bonus when they promise you a $16 an hour job. You also run on Vancouver time and need to be available pretty much 24/7 for managers or other reps to call you even outside of working hours. I was expected to drive other reps with no gas money given and no reimbursement as that's only for management and I was basically a taxi when they needed a car pool out of town 1 hour each way. Most people see you as the annoying credit card person and are rude so it's hard to stay positive. Management needs to be improved in Vancouver, they are very condescending and run useless conference calls then complain that we are taking away from time on the floor. My phone bill was through the roof calling into the conference line and taking long distance calls that only get paid for if you're management. Overall this is the most annoying sales job I've had, most people don't want another credit card and tell you you're annoying. The managers work from home and don't care about employees and never work the long hours or weekends. It's hard to move up and takes a very long time but they promise you a short time. I made some good friends but they usually hire immigrants and people who barely speak English because it's the only job they can get and they always need people because everyone hates it after a while and they quit. Really high turnover and very little support from managers and  more... district managers. They will hold your pay for any reason and take forever to give back expenses, no actual office just set up at Canadian tires or sobeys. Lots of time on your feet and just not worth the money, any serving job will make you triple this much in half the time and is more fun. People treat it so seriously at head office but it's just selling credit cards! McDonald's at least offers benefits and better wage!  less
Pros
Friends
Cons
Long hours, low wage, poor management
Nice paying summer job
Sales & Consumer Engagement Representative (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJuly 8, 2015
This was a really great summer job for me as I got to meet a lot of new people and I broke out of my comfort zone. It was a very new experience that allowed me to learn how to take initiative and approach customers. Although it was a tough task to reach daily sales goals, it really built my teamwork skills.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
High pressure selling
challege
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 15, 2015
A good chance to talk with people You can make friends with store staff.
Work by yourself.
The management need to be improved,
Place with high worker turnover
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  CalgaryApril 8, 2015
Typical day at work starts with the morning call with the management then its training and review of sales metrics with the sales representatives.

Coworkers are sales representatives selling mastercards in the Superstores.

Great learning experience in learning to sell financial products, getting to train sales reps and achieving sales targets.

hardest part was retaining the sales reps
Pros
Paid Allownaces
Cons
Long hours and work on weekends
Productive work environment
Field Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 10, 2015
good environment
Lot of B2B and B2B sales learning
Fair schedules
a lot of training provided
good communication with managers
friendly co-workers
team effort
Competitive with positive attitude to suceed
Sales and Marketing (Team Lead) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 14, 2015
Assume the promoting features of a given product and provide energetic attitude towards the benefits it gives. Establish the customer's financial limits in order to proceed whether or not the customer is able to handle the product.Personal presence and customer satisfaction is a needed key trait needed for the company. The management is always quick to catch bad habits therefore a strict eye is always set upon all employees. Being my role, I am to report performance from the team and to supervise. The hardest part is that it is always competitive and that the company is consistently changing locations. If the foot traffic is low, bonuses are not met. Fortunately, the enjoyable part of the job is that there are coworkers who contribute in a positive work atmosphere
Pros
bonuses
Cons
constantly changing locations, competitive
Not bad
Consultant (Former Employee) –  calgary airportJanuary 8, 2015
Really depends on how you make the best of days
Good days when you hit goals are awesome
Bad days when nothing happening it sucks
but with awesome co worker make it a little bit better
but management defiantly need a lot of improvement for such company working for bigger companies!
Pros
good money
Cons
bad management
Challenging & Hardworking
Financial Service Representative | Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCDecember 2, 2014
Its a good place ,lot of challenges & target to meet
Worked hard to reach the daily target as well as weekly
Very bad company
Sales Representatives (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2014
They begged me to work there & ripped me off. These management were so bad that the staff at Scotia Bank complained about them, as they're liars, cheaters & losers.
Pros
they beg to offer people job.
Cons
mercying beggars are not worth it.
productive anf fun working enviroment
Field Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2014
great marketing skills and sales which required a lot of customer services as well
Pros
own work schedule
Cons
short hours
they change the rules as you go along
rep for MasterCard (Former Employee) –  Victoria BCJanuary 23, 2014
I worked for the Victoria branch for a little over 2 weeks promoting Mastercard for Canadian Tire in their stores after the for the training was very exact and precise telling us that our be salary vary depending on the number of options we added to the card sales but is that the Commission was a straight $5 and when I asked if there was extra commission if we sold insurance package of the optional package they said no only the street up the mission a week along in the work they told us that the Commission was only to be gotten if we sold enough optional products when my first check came in Zsolt they took two dollars of my base salary and told me it was for training but I only had one day of training
Pros
its whatever
Cons
dishonest
young man, on a big job
Sales and marketing (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 15, 2013
Had a ton of responsibility, managing the kiosk as well as needed to obtain sales targets and had a team to look after and made sure all had sales targets up to date.
Interaction with new people everyday, and gaining proven experience in sales and marketing.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 13, 2013
As a part of selling financial products, I learned how to convince people to make them purchase your product and manipulate their decisions. The toughest part is when you get refusals for the product for several hours, you get demotivated but I always manage to self motivate, and achieve my targets.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
too much standing on the job.
enjoyable work environment and networking
sales marketing representative (Former Employee) –  TorontoNovember 2, 2013
From this job i learned how to handle a typical situation with a customer. I was always calm with my customers and tryed to provide them the best service.
The hardest part of this job was convincing a customer for promotion but I always used a different strategy to convince them. I enjoyed working there because everyday I talked to new people and it was very challenging.