JW Research Employee Reviews

Scotia and ATb Program
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 May 2017
Pays well if you can deliver your sales Per hours but if you can't provide the sales and number risking being fired, But you can use sale and reach your targets you will be can earn well and Two days off
Pros
Competition
Cons
Must reach your sales per hours or risk being fired
i enjoyed working at JW Research
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2017
the hardest part of the job is telling people you're signing them up for a master card, not everyone is willing to make that commitment.
most days at work will be a breeze.
try to get postings closer to your house if you don't drive
Pros
free lunches
Cons
you're signing people up for mastercards
Great learning but a lot of people who whine too much
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 May 2017
Worked in Vancouver for PCF for just under a year. Generally a good company but they get really pushed hard by the banks to get more customers. One thing to point out is some sales reps seem to whine a lot about it being too hard. For me, I just talked to people honestly cause its a good card to get. The bonus was all the walking around superstore got me to lose some weight (lol!).
Pros
Great money if you actually try
Cons
Some customers can be a pain
Productive fun work place
Sales person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2017
We were always relocating had a great experience meeting all different kinds of people, built my customer service skills, enjoyed working in the environment, hardest part of the job was dealing with negative customers.
very flexible hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2017
good place to work if you are commission based. many places to work at many locations. never get bored. if you like to sell its a good opportunity. not much opportunity to move up though
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
cant move up
Worst Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2017
Culture is bad and so is the stability. They fire people without cause and not a wise choice to work here if you have bills to pay

My pay was held for 3 months before they released after all, these guys are crooks
Pros
Nthing
Cons
Evrything
Sales results vary depending on location of placement but same sales numbers are demanded regardless.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Kelowna25 January 2017
I was very knowledgeable of competitive products on market because of previous work experience I found the credit cards they sell are a high interest cost and they expect you to close the sale on life and disability health insurance attached to card at a 50 percent closing ratio, these insurance products make the actual cost of credit about 30 percent of the card balance calculated annually, may be saleable in some market areas but only depending on demographics such as age, incomes and types of employment of people in the store ... I ended up in a store with highly transient customers people passing through or on vacation, local residents were either low income low credit scores or good credit but retired and had all the credit services they needed by that stage in life ... I could see almost right away that I wasn't going to meet the targets expected so I left before it became an issue ... the manager told me that I could overcome obstacles with their canned sales presentation which I thought was rediculious ... I had many more years sales and credit experience than the manager ....the job is a numbers game with customers and with employees .... continious on going recruiting due to high turn over of staff ... one size fits all approach to sales targets should be thought through better with some changes they would probably be able to hire better people and keep them longer.

No comment on payroll issues didn't stay long enough.
Made me hate my life
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 December 2016
This job is just terrible. The job itself is awful but someone has to do it. I wouldn't have had a problem trying to sell credit cards to people if it wasn't for the poor management, messed up payroll, poor compensation and just the overall awfulness of the company. When people say that in capitalism only well-run companies can make it I know they're full of it. Because If JW can make then nearly any company can no matter how poorly run if enough people are dumb enough to buy into it.
Pros
Wasn't slavery
Cons
Everything else
Awful management. Does not pay at the rate promised in the contract
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC16 October 2016
As the title says, I wasn't paid at the rate that was in the contract. I also am still dealing with the company to try and remedy this issue as well as get my remaining pay.
Pathetic
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2016
The most pathetic company of all time. They fire employees for not answering the phone call. Sounds stupid but it is true

No growth and bad higher management
Pros
NO PROS at all
Cons
Pay deficits, fire you without any reason
Horrible Experience
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Alberta18 June 2016
Honestly, it started off well, but after a month and a bit in I still hadn't received a paycheck or any gas compensation for the trips they were expecting me to make. It's been a month since I stopped working with JW and still haven't been fully compensated.
Pros
Nothing perceivably beneficial.
Cons
Experienced free labor.
29 June 2016

Thank you for the review and I am sorry that you have not received any payment. Please reach out to our office immediately so that we can resolve this matter for you.

Absoultely senseless
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary27 May 2016
I referred a friend to a job in this company in British Columbia. Guess what , they rejected him just because he had a Alberta Driving license... What a silly and ridicuolous reason.

If you want to work in any province, then you need to have drivers license issued by that province only. This is absolutely ridiculous
I dont know where this company is heading .
Also, because of the slowdown in economy in Alberta, it EXERTS UNDUE and NEEDLESS pressure on Employees which is indication of the company culture.
If you wanna get suppressed by any organization in life, then join this organization. I would prefer begging on the streets rather than working here
Pros
Cons
DOMINATING culture, taking undue advantage of their employees
29 June 2016

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that your friend was declined employment based on a Drivers License. Our policy does require a credit and criminal check in order to represent our clients so identification is required but the province has never been an issue. As long as the identification is valid and you have a secondary piece as well. If you have more concerns in regards to this matter please contact our office and we would be happy to help.
Good luck in your future career search

Very Poor
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton23 May 2016
This company will play with the lives and careers of people. The problem is that the Director of this Company is the Puppet Master and not obliging to his orders results in termination of the staff.

Pay is not on time. Most paaychecks have discrepancies

Employees are not given a fair chance at all.
Pros
Poorly managed
Cons
Hugh Turnover
29 June 2016

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Our Director plays a big role in the sales floor as he ensures the business is meeting all industry standards however is not involved in most terminations. As a company we follow employment standards regulation and can only terminate with notice or for cause.

If you have concerns in regards to your pay we are always happy to assist you at the head office.

Very poor company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 May 2016
compensation structure is a joke. Barely making over minimum wage. Commissions are stacked so no one earns them. Micro management at its best these days Edmonton is a JOKE Managed from Kelowna by incompetent manager. Don't believe all the reviews. Company forces managers to make sure employees post a positive review. Each manager has to get a couple of people to post good reviews. Company is so bad it is BANNED from advertising and working in

Stop lying to people about how great it is to work for.

Even if you do a small mistake, you get fired, thats how bad it is
Pros
Easy to get a job. Company is desperate so any one can get hired these days
Cons
Bad culture with no margin for error
29 June 2016

Sorry about your experience. Our minimum pay in Edmonton is $16.00/ per hour so that is well above the minimum wage of $11.20. Our bonus structure is based on our clients needs and many representatives who have worked with us for years earn bonuses consistently.
I am not sure where the disconnect with your self and your manager happened but if you need further assistance please contact us at www.jwresearch.com.

Poorly managed company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 May 2016
Very disheartened working here. This company is very unprofessional with every paycheck having errors resulting in pay deficit. When you bring this up, they tell you that payroll has already run and you will have to forfeit the amount which is ridiculous
This company looks at every new joinee as someone who is bringing fraud to them
The District managers and Director openly asks you to reach out to employment standards...
Every small thing is magnified and the employee is portrayed as a thief

This marketing company plays with the lives of the people. So make you decisions wisely folks... They can kick you without a minute warning
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, bad management
29 June 2016

Thank you for the review and we value all feedback to make our business better.
It would be illegal for us to ask anyone to forfeit earned funds with our company so if that is at all a concern please contact our head office.
Based on the PIPEDA act we protect our clients information as best as we can to prevent fraud from ever happening however we would never remove a representative without concrete proof of this activity.
If you have any further concerns we would love to hear from you to resolve the matter.

Bad culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 May 2016
This company does not care about its employees. All it does is pressurize their managers which in turn pressurize you.
Your job is on fire all the time and your time could you up anytime, so instability.
Bad career growth, payroll always messes up with your pay...and then eventually your hard earned money is eaten up.

I think that is enough for now. Make your decisions wisely folks
Pros
Travel
Cons
Pay, Management, Instability
29 June 2016

Thank you for your review, we appreciate all feedback.
In a sales role there are goals and expectations however our training ground has developed some of the most successful Sales Managers in the industry.
I am sorry that you felt your pay was incorrect but if you would like someone to look into it we ask that you contact our Office for further assistance.

bad
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC29 April 2016
this company just really bad, no pro, don't work for them at all,
they just know push you, let it.
no co worker,bad management.
Pros
no pro
Cons
everything
Fun with staff and customers
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Canadian tire peterborough on16 March 2016
For the most part love the job however I do need full time. The biggest thing I dont like is my job is sales dependant. No sales no job. I enjoy talking to people and being with the public,
Pros
talking to people
Cons
short hours
favorite place to have worked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 March 2016
i loved working at toys r us it totally was my favorite job. made some new friends and got some experience on cash on the floor and unloading the truck.
Hardwork with less return
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 February 2016
I walked around and asked everyone whether they want the cards. Unfortunately, most of them have it already. I kept walking and asking. Finally, I got some people, but, I didn't hit my goal. When I got my payment later, I fund that they deduct my work hour and give me less wage.
Pros
work hard
Cons
unfair

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JW Research. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6