JV Driver Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Company to work for
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 19, 2015
Fast paced work with great co workers that make the job fun. Lots of opportunity to advance and learn. Good pay. The hardest part of the job is staying in camp when there is only 10 hour days.
Pros
Great pay, Enjoyable work
Cons
Fly days are long going east
JV Driver
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 1, 2015
Great experience on every project, I enjoy working with this company and look forward to future projects. Generally a friendly environment to work and a very professional group
Great Place to Work
JOURNEYMAN MILLWRIGHT (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, ABOctober 11, 2015
Awesome place to work - Great co-workers and management - Hours work great and shift was awesome - I really enjoyed this job
Pros
Great shifts
Great Company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABSeptember 15, 2015
Great Company to work for. Would return without hesitation. Unfortunately the oil economy is really impacting employment.
Friendly young atmosphere
Electrical Foreman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 4, 2015
Generally young crew makes for entertaining and exciting days. Never a dull moment, lots of laughs are shared and makes otherwise mundane days at work more bearable.
No tools, too many employees
B welder (Current Employee) –  Nisku, mod yardMay 6, 2015
No tools to do your job properly, mostly foreign workers with no safety training, no where to sit to eat lunch, stand around for days waiting for something to do, 6 pipe fitters to fit one 6" joint.
Pros
Great foremen and leads
Cons
Bus to site, too many workers
very good ppl and company to work for
rig welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 2, 2015
the ppl make the company and they are awesome to work with ty. when they can see u are advancing or advanced they work with u to use your abilities to the max.
it was ok
Apprentice Pipe-fitter (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABJune 8, 2015
the over all job was ok the management was really hard on us aways giving us trouble there was really no time off when it came down to it the pay was good bout overall it was good for the time being
Great Place and good people to work for.
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABMay 29, 2015
The first thing i loved about this company is the safety, Everything was safety first which is the main thing in a work place.
Alright
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABDecember 14, 2014
This company is alright to work for but due to the number of contractors and incidents I witnessed during my time there it is not the most safety conscious environment. They manage to keep most of the accidents off their safety record but it seemed like there always was either a near miss or an actual accident occuring.
Good company to work for
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Leduc, ABJuly 25, 2014
JV Drivers is a great company to work for. Sometimes things aren't that well organized but with that many people I can understand. Some of the higher-ups in the company have to large of egos. They always seem to have work so your never unemployed unless you want to be. Safety is more about saving the companies butt than looking after the the working men, but have learned over the years how to deal with them.
Pre-hiring process is frustrating
Journeyman Scaffolder (Current Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AlbertaFebruary 25, 2014
I received an email by a JV Driver recruiter, and I responded, and received a prompt response. I followed up and tried calling them, but I kept getting an answering machine. So I emailed them, which was the best way to contact them. I then proceeded to send my tickets, and proof of hours, as well as passing an A & D test. I was then told via email, that I would be contacted by somebody through the weekend, as it was a Friday. No calls. No call Monday. No call Tuesday. Ever since getting hired I have not had any support by anybody in the HR department. This is a good company with lots of work, but so far, I am very disappointed at how they handle "new hires".
Pros
flights, lots of hours, good camp
Cons
hr department, management
Fair Job
Steel Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 7, 2013
If your good @ anything expect to be stuck doing it until your no longer employed here.

Great place for a apprentice to learn the basics.

The People you work with are amazing and kept me around.

Hardest part I found was Management was poorly organized.
Idea's were stolen if they were even considered and majority of the time that wouldn't even happen.

You have good attendance, they'll never let you go, no matter how many times you mess up.

Daytime shift seemed to be the window dressing,
Night shift was where the work was pushed.

Nice safety incentives such as hat's jackets even a watch if your around long enough.

Odd BBQ/pizza lunch.

average 48hour work weeks

Weekend work was very rare.
Good place to work amazing people
Camp / Travel / Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 2, 2013
We look after all our craft, book rooms; flights submit timesheets place orders whatever they need ,we look after. I have learned a lot at this job, for me I would say the biggest thing would be if you respect your workers and treat them well they will always come through for you and put in all they have for the company.
I work with the most amazing crew and have been very lucky to have met the people i have. Management has been great and it is like a family here it will be sad to see the end.
I enjoy working so closely with the craft and I enjoy helping people. It has been a great learning and growing experience and i can't wait to begin a new chapter.
Pros
everything is taken care of
working here is great
QC Inspector/NDE Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nisku albertaJune 4, 2013
• Quality control inspections in the steel fabrication shop , pipe fabrication shop and module Assembly yard .
• Visual inspecting Structural welds / piping welds / dimensions / orientation based on W59 / B31.1 / B31.3/B31.11/CSA Z662/Client Specifications.
• Coordination of Non-Destructive Examination for the pipe shop and module yard with Third Party NDE Contractor.
• Performing Module punching on completed systems for integrity.
• Client Walk Downs on Pre and Post Punches.
• Witness hydro testing & pneumatic testing of piping systems

Great place
Pros
helps you balance a home life too
CWB Welder Williams Energy Site (Red Water)
Welder (Current Employee) –  Redwater AlbertaFebruary 12, 2013
More white hard hats than I have ever seen on a site. Very disorganized management, spend more time moving welding equipment than actually welding. Safety is a joke expect workers to work under suspended loads, never red flag lift areas. Try to punish workings for speaking up about safety issues at tool box meetings. Also worst tool crib, not enough tools and very cheap when it comes to purchasing the proper tools to do the job.
Pros
loa
Cons
management very disorganized
they say be safe, but what they really mean is hurry up and dont let us catch you
carpenter (Current Employee) –  cold lake, abJanuary 4, 2013
get on the shuttle bus at 5:20 am get to the job site for 6:20am work until 5:30 pm, catch the bus at 6:00 pm get off the bus at 7:00 pm. Only get payed for 10 hours when they take basiclly 14 hours of your day. They give you $120 a day LOA in Cold lake. so you have to live in a skidded out hotel in order to be able to eat half decent. Most of the guys that work on site are pretty good to work with tho. They will be hiring 500-1000 new guys in the next month or 2. There wont be a hotel room to rent for under $100 a night soon. so think about that before you think the LOA is an incentive!
Pros
lots of future work.
Cons
they rip you off, safety is preached not practised
Very Poor Management
Labour (Former Employee) –  Cold LakeMay 9, 2013
The Managers are so wrapped up in advancing in the company that they wipe their boots on whoever stands in the way. 1 hr. bus ride each way to Cold Lake with no compesation. Safety has nothing to do with employees but with protecting the company. They want production but hire double the men required to do the work and then do not have the material to complete the work, then when it shows up PANIC !!!!
Lots of potential but have to revisit senior people responsible for the day to day operations.
You don't dare speak up like they ask you to do. My door is always open my buddy,
Pros
pay is pretty decent
Cons
supervisors with no experience
Safety:Real joke
pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABDecember 9, 2013
Safety has nothing to do with employees but with protecting the company.
This site is lead by apprentice with many without ticket
The ratio is 1 journeyman for 5 to 8 apprentices
It's a dangerous job and unpleasant atmosphere.
Cons
long days with inadequate compensation, long commutes, poor communication, poor management, not enough materials, not enough tools, not enough work, poor moral, too much workers, not enough lunch trailer
Carpenter Industral Forming
Certifed Carpenter (Former Employee) –  RedwaterNovember 7, 2013
shift would start off with safety meeting exercise task instructions work mate allways in two persons or more depending on work task good place to work would liked to continue to work for them person said after job ended will put me on waiting list still waiting my work not as importent as management feels there,s is
Pros
work was good wile lasted
Cons
still waiting to go back to work for them not holding breath