JV Driver

JV Driver Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good crews
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Nisku, ABJanuary 19, 2015
Good co workers, camp was decent. Transportation was good aswell.
Great Safety Program. Very Multicural (people around the globe working together) was awesome
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), NabiyeJanuary 9, 2015
Met many great people from various countries around the world. Cultural diversity was great. Got to see an Oil Plant erected from start to finish.
Drivers a Good place to work.
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABJanuary 1, 2015
Always payed on time! They have lots of work on the go, they try their best to keep you working.
Alright
Labourer (Former Employee), Nisku, ABDecember 14, 2014
This company is alright to work for but due to the number of contractors and incidents I witnessed during my time there it is not the most safety conscious environment. They manage to keep most of the accidents off their safety record but it seemed like there always was either a near miss or an actual accident occuring.
Safe work environment
Pipefitter (Current Employee), Cold lake AlbertaAugust 19, 2014
Pros: 14/7 shift rotations
Cons: poor communication between management and workers
enjoyable working with co-workers and good teamwork. Also very geared towards the health and safety of the employees
Fantastic company to work for.
Journeyman Plumber, Pipefitter and Gas-fitter (Current Employee), ABAugust 1, 2014
Good crews, good work.
Lots of work in the oil and gas sector amongst other places.
overall very good place to work
Electrician (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABJuly 28, 2014
good place to work
good people
good pay
safe environment
good benifits
Good company to work for
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Leduc, ABJuly 25, 2014
JV Drivers is a great company to work for. Sometimes things aren't that well organized but with that many people I can understand. Some of the higher-ups in the company have to large of egos. They always seem to have work so your never unemployed unless you want to be. Safety is more about saving the companies butt than looking after the the working men, but have learned over the years how to deal with them.
QC Inspector
QC Inspector (Former Employee), albertaJuly 23, 2014
JV Driver mod yard QC Inspector Jan 2012-June 2012. QC inspection
Gong show
Small equipment operator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 19, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: to many greenhorns for leadership positions
Guys were fun to work with but management was to green behind the ears and safety only worried about the company.
Pre-hiring process is frustrating
Journeyman Scaffolder (Current Employee), Kearl Lake, AlbertaFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: flights, lots of hours, good camp
Cons: hr department, management
I received an email by a JV Driver recruiter, and I responded, and received a prompt response. I followed up and tried calling them, but I kept getting an answering machine. So I emailed them, which was the best way to contact them. I then proceeded to send my tickets, and proof of hours, as well as passing an A & D test. I was then told via email, that I would be contacted by somebody through the weekend, as it was a Friday. No calls. No call Monday. No call Tuesday. Ever since getting hired I have not had any support by anybody in the HR department. This is a good company with lots of work, but so far, I am very disappointed at how they handle "new hires".
good first job in industry
Pipe Fitter apprentice (Former Employee), Logan Lake, BCFebruary 11, 2014
i had a great time learned a lot of new stuff with this copmany. had a solid crew. good foreman and night shift was awesome great company to work for
Enjoyable, Fun, Challenging
Mechanical & Hydro Foreman (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 10, 2014
Each opportunity at JV Driver comes with challanges, supervvision provides assistance for employees to rise up and meet these challenges.
good overall job
Material Handler (Current Employee), Nisku, ABFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: 3 day weekends
Cons: frequently slow
Good people,good hours,good pay.Great when it's busy,lowsy when slow.
productive and friendly work environment
Plumber/pipefitter (Current Employee), Logan Lake, BCDecember 16, 2013
a typical work day at the hvmo site included the installation of pipe spools for float cells etc.. rubber lined pipe spools up to thirty eight inch in diameter including valves. As well working with welders , welding pipe and supports.
Safety:Real joke
pipefitter (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABDecember 9, 2013
Cons: long days with inadequate compensation, long commutes, poor communication, poor management, not enough materials, not enough tools, not enough work, poor moral, too much workers, not enough lunch trailer
Safety has nothing to do with employees but with protecting the company.
This site is lead by apprentice with many without ticket
The ratio is 1 journeyman for 5 to 8 apprentices
It's a dangerous job and unpleasant atmosphere.
Human resources is the worst I've ever dealt with.
Crane operator (Former Employee), Cold lakeNovember 11, 2013
Cons: human resources
Before you ever get to worksite you will deal with HR department . They are terrible. If you have questions , you will be ignored. If you are a person that likes to know what is going on before hand....this is not the place for you. I've never encountered in 20 yrs of being in the trades a company that treats there "new hires" like I was treated. Do not waste your time.
Carpenter Industral Forming
Certifed Carpenter (Former Employee), RedwaterNovember 7, 2013
Pros: work was good wile lasted
Cons: still waiting to go back to work for them not holding breath
shift would start off with safety meeting exercise task instructions work mate allways in two persons or more depending on work task good place to work would liked to continue to work for them person said after job ended will put me on waiting list still waiting my work not as importent as management feels there,s is
Seriously Unorganized! Uneducated Foreman.
Journeyman welder (Former Employee), Logan Lake, BCOctober 19, 2013
Pros: loa, can be drunk or stoned at work.
Cons: jv driver is a joke!
If you're an experienced tradesman they won't let you do your job. At JV Driver it's all about who you party and do drugs with! If you don't fit in with that, they will find a way to get rid of you! Overall JVD is the most unprofessional place I have ever worked in my 20 years of experience.
Good work place
Welder/Structural Steel Plate Fitter (Former Employee), Nisku,AbOctober 8, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: long hours
Not honest about production.We had been reassured there would be no lay offs but less than a month later most of us were.

1 2 3

About JV Driver

JV Driver has been providing industrial construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining – Read more

JV Driver Photos