Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation

Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Working for a really great cause
Marketing/Social Media Intern (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 11, 2014
Pros: very flexible and caring workers
Cons: no pay
I would keep the marketing and social media pages updated about current research or type-1 kids or families. During big events I would research and contact businesses for donations. I helped coordinate their Walk for the Cure 2013 and Green Tie Gala 2014.
just volunteered for nordstrom
Volunteer (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJuly 29, 2014
great thing to do knowing that you are helping kids out there. nothing hard about asking for donation and explaining about the donation. it feels great talking about it and helping
great volunteer experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 7, 2014
i had the opportunity to help out during the diabetes walk and it was fun. i was able to help set up table where we distributed t-shirts and food to people who came to the walk. i was able to make friends as well.
Hulu Lunches
Training Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 16, 2014
Pros: great fun
Cons: no pay internship
I didn't work here for long, but it was a great atmosphere. Colleagues were all young professionals happy to support a great cause. Even the management had time to joke around (birthday pranks & joining in on daily team Hulu lunches).

I was an intern so there wasn't much of a hardest part of the job.

The most enjoyable part was being included in such – more... a lighthearted group. – less
Loved it...
Special Events Assistant/Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 7, 2014
Great place to work. Always feels like you are giving back.

Helpful to families and the community!
productive
Office Manager (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 27, 2014
Learned a lot of interesting things,
Learned how to manage and deal with stressful situations.
Productive and rewarding company
AP Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 25, 2014
Pros: people are really friendly and willing to help train and teach.
Cons: organization is very large and it is hard to get to know everyone.
I spend my days processing invoices and expense reports. It is my job to make sure invoices have all appropriate back up and approvals and that all expense reports have the receipts and approvals attached.
fun well maintained work place
Lead Production Assistnt (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 7, 2014
Pros: knowing that every little bit help a child in need
Cons: there isnt any
meet lots of new people daily, management is very friendly, co workers are very friendly and helpful, the hardest part if leaving the work place, the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing every thing your doing is helping save a young childs life thats sufforing from juvienile diabeates type 1
Productive Fun Work Place
Special Events Manager (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIDecember 13, 2013
Pros: great people, amazing mission statement and fun events
Cons: united health care is terrible insurance
- No Typical Work Day, lots of variety and change
- Fun Travel and networking
- Learned so much about Diabetes and its damaging effects on families and friends
- Volunteers, Co-workers, Management all excellent. Some of the most amazing people I've ever met work and volunteer for this organization
- The stress from Events was the hardest portion
- Most – more... enjoyable portion was assisting families going through difficult times and helping children. Educating the community would be the second best part. – less
Very productive and professional environment
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 15, 2013
Every morning as I head to my working station I cordially greet my co-workers with a smile. There were no problems concerning management at all. My co-workers we're very professional and cordial. I enjoyed working in a very professional environment; completing assignments and tasks was never an issue.
Exciting job in an enjoyable happy work place.
Special Events Coordinator Intern (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJune 23, 2013
Pros: constantly learning about the field of philanthropy.
Cons: i wish it would have lasted longer.
A typical day at work could be driving around delivering event brochures to companies or coordinating aspects such as food, entertainment, location and also the itinerary for an event.

I learned the ins and outs of fundraising and also the planning and execution of hosting an event.

My co-workers were always guiding me while giving me the freedom – more... to figure things out on my own. They threw a bunch of different assignments at me and trusted me with that responsibility which I appreciated.

The hardest part of my job could be the fundraising aspect, asking people for money but it was a cause that was very close to my heart so that made it easier.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with children with type 1 diabetes and knowing I was making a difference in finding the cure for the disease. – less
My friend and I volunteered our time to organize a golf tournament to benefit the charity.
Independent Event Planner (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2013
Pros: meeting new people, event planning.
This was a wonderful experience, volunteering my time to organize an annual golf tournament to benefit a charity that I have a personal connection with.
Good Workplace
Youth Ambassador/Advocate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 9, 2013
Down to earth work environment, almost everybody is approachable and easy to get along with.
Nice place to learn
Ambassador (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 25, 2013
I learned a lot as i worked for JDRF. I was not getting paid it was more of a volunteer position. I loved working there as i met a lot of great people and learned a lot about the non-profit sector.
Internship work
Assist in organizing JDRF fundraising events (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 3, 2013
*Typical day consisted of maintaining contacts through spreadsheets
*Teamwork essential to managing annual gala
It was a fun experience
Food Services Volunteer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2012
The whole point of my job was to make the kids had fun and enjoy them self.I had nice coworkers. We were all there for one reason and it was to make the kids forget about their condition and enjoy life.
Amazing experience
FUND RAISING AND FREELANCE WRITING (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, SCAugust 2, 2012
I put together a fund raiser to raise money on behalf of my daughter Halley. This was a self financed venture that encompassed me walking and kayaking solo across New Zealand as I raised money for type one diabetes research. I developed the plan of action and mapped out this three month adventure and developed a blog linked to the JDRF fundraising site.
relaxed
Intern (Current Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLApril 15, 2012
the people are nice, it a very comfortable environment, when it gets busy it get a little crazy

Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Photos