Our government client is looking for Task-Based Consultant, for 1 year contract with a possibility of extension at Toronto, ON.
Scope of Services and Deliverables:
- Work with a business team to verify and clarify the business requirements for the Business Planning application and CaMS and Reporting applications.
- Work with IT team in the design and implementation of the new Business Planning application and existing CaMS and Reporting applications to ensure business requirements are met.
- Work with IT team to define the hosting requirements of the new Business Planning application.
- Work with IT team to develop process and procedures for implementing the deliverables for the new applications.
- Work with QA team to ensure quality assurance of the system and if required develop a risk analysis and recommended mitigation strategies.
The Consultant will also be required to:
- Complete work and achieve milestones within the assigned deadlines;
- Notify the Cluster/Ministry project Manager in writing of any issues or other material concerns related to the assignment deliverables, as soon as the he/she becomes aware of them;
- Submit deliverables for the Cluster/Ministry approval as they are completed;
- Comply with the Ontario Government and the Cluster/Ministry security procedures and practices;
- Comply with the Ontario Government and the Cluster/Ministry architecture/technology standards and best practices;
- Comply with the Ontario Government and the Cluster/Ministry Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Guidelines;
- Provide knowledge and skill transfer to a designated Cluster/Ministry staff; and
- Comply with the Ontario Government I&IT Directive, Operational Policy on the I&IT Project Gateway Process, and other applicable Guidelines, Standards and Procedures.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- At least 10 years of experience in design, development, implementation and maintenance of applications.
- At least 10 years of experience in Business analysis
- Superior facilitation skills in facilitating large requirements, JAD and design sessions.
- Superior written skills in documenting requirements, business cases, functional design, briefing notes, use cases, options analyses.
- Superior Project management skills in working with project stakeholders, negotiating project schedules, monitoring project deliverables, working with project leads from multiple project parties.
- Superior analytical, organizational and issue management skills - ability to anticipate issues, mitigate issues, analyze and develop short term and long term solutions.
- Superior skills in working with project Steering committees, senior management – acuity in proposing and planning options, working with competing and conflicting requirements and priorities.
- Knowledge of various software development methodologies and processes including Waterfull, RUP and Agile
- Proven experience with relational databases, n-tier web-based applications, XML.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal: clear, concise and jargon-free. Able to communicate concepts and details to clients, development team and testing team.
- Experience with Adobe Livecycle and/or IBM Curam is a strong asset
- Strong knowledge and experience working with business clients, discussing and gathering requirements and implementing solutions to meet business requirements.
- A team player, able to work well in a team with a track record for meeting challenging deadlines.
- Must be well organized, with high attention to detail in planning and execution of assigned work.
Anticipated Start Date: March 5, 2013