Our government client is looking for Senior Project Manager/Leader, for 1+ year contract with a possibility of extension at Toronto, ON.
Skills, Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Experience as a Project planning and managing large, complex, multi-year, multi-tier, multi
- Able to work in a multi-project, multi-disciplinary enterprise environment seeking input and comment from other major initiatives.
- Experience working in programs consisting of multiple highly inter-dependent projects.
- Knowledge with SDLC and structured methodologies waterfall and iterative.
- Experience with OPS procurement process for software, hardware and services acquisition.
- Experience with the management of third party deliverables and acceptance processes.
- Experience and knowledge of project management tools, such as Microsoft Enterprise Project Management other associated tools such as MS Project and SharePoint.
- Experience developing detailed project management documentation (e.g. project plan, project schedule, Work Breakdown Structure [WBS]), monitoring project performance and initiating corrective action, where required.
- Experience developing, integrating and managing plans and schedules involving multiple teams and multiple third party suppliers.
- Experience managing the expectations of a wide range of project stakeholders and target solution users, both from the business and IT side of an organization.
- Extensive experience in complex business and IT issues management, including analyzing, problem-solving and coordination and facilitation of issue resolution in a timely fashion.
- Extensive experience in the ongoing identification, monitoring, and management of project risks, and the establishment and management of contingency plans, where appropriate.
- Knowledge of latest developments and leading practices in the project management industry and profession and familiarity with best practices in other industries, sectors or jurisdictions related to project management methodologies.
- Experience in preparing reports and briefing materials for, and making presentations to, senior
- A team player with the ability to coordinate multiple projects with competing priorities and strict deadlines.
- Proven ability to manage an assignment of this nature, magnitude and complexity to successful completion, and achieve the results on schedule and within budget while maintaining the highest level of deliverables quality.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, monitoring and reporting on project progress and delivery using MS Project (Workstation and Enterprise versions), SharePoint and other reporting tools.
- Superior communication, presentation and interpersonal skills; superior negotiating, mediating, and influencing skills; superior leadership and consulting skills, demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team/multi-stakeholder enterprise environment and a strong ability to mentor, coach and develop others.
- Experience in structured methodologies for project management and the design, development, implementation and maintenance of applications.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of system modernization strategies, plans, and
schedules, and experience managing those plans.
- Experience in the of lnterneUlntranet business strategies.
- Experience managing team members undertaking both business functional and technology related tasks in a coordinated project environment.
- Expert skills with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint,Access and Visio.
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary project teams of at least 1O people.
- Leadership experience in one or more of the following areas:
o multi-tiered application development ;
o selecting and establishing technical architectures;
o design and development of large or medium corporate database applications;
o establishment and/or management of information resource management functions in
large or medium organizations;
o managing the implementation activities associated with large IT projects such as data
conversion and database loading;
o managing multiple concurrent tasks in a multi-tiered application environment.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, applications within the Postsecondary Education sector that manages at present the funding model administration process.
- Demonstrated knowledge of government funding modeling and financial administration business activities.
- Experience dealing with system solutions related to funding modeling, financial information
management and web based n-tier technology implementation.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, Government of Ontario Information Technology Standards (GO-ITS).
- Knowledge and experience with OPS corporate gating and enterprise architecture checkpoints
- Knowledge and experience working in accordance with policies and procedures of the Ontario Public Service.
Anticipated Start Date: April 9, 2013
Indeed - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
JustIt Solution, Inc. is a computer technology and consulting corporation headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Founded in 2006 by...