Just Energy

Just Energy Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was a great learning experience
Assistance Crew Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 1, 2013
Pros: mcdonalds or popeye's chicken
Cons: there is no breaks
Really there is to know is there's a meeting and training every morning,once the meeting is over we head to a meeting place to eat and after that it's all work.If you have no car you'll just have to depend on customer's,stores or shade.
Not very reliable
Outdoor Sales Agent (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 30, 2013
This company wanted us to work all day practically seven days a wekk and our checks would be short sometimes for no reason.
Productive Outdoor/Indoor Work
Independent Contractor Customer Service (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 27, 2013
Pros: traveling around new york
Cons: short breaks and walking around an area i wasnt familiar with from 10am-830pm
A typical Work day was outside door to door sales of energy.
Ive learned how to communicate with People and how to get along with them threw building repore and being Professional.
The management was okay they also worked with me during door to door sales.
My co-workers were awesome they were very supporting in alot of ways.
The hardest part of the – more... job was getting the sale keeping your composer when people came to there door angry or they just didnt want you on the porch,and didnt want to hear what you have to say.
The most enjoyable part of the day was when i made a sale and when the customer understood what you were explaining to them and had a very good attitude and good conversation. – less
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WITH A GOOD TEAM LEAD
Gas Contractor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 16, 2013
Pros: wealthy/rich neighborhoods
Cons: commission job thinking your actually getting $14.75
A TRAINING DAY AT WORK TO LEARN BETTER HOW TO PRESENT A SALE TO AN OUTDOOR CUSTOMER, CO WORKERS WERE THERE TO HELP ME WHEN INEEDED HELP OR COULD'NT GET THE SALE THRU, NOT HARD, JUST HAVE HOPE TO RECEIVE A SALE FROM AN OUTDOOR CUSTOMER WHEN WORKING AN COMISSION JOB (NOT GUARANTEED A YES) THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THIS JOB WAS HAVING HELP.
Productive workplace with many opportunities for advancement.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Southfield, MIMay 13, 2013
Pros: free lunches and extensive breaks
Cons: no benefits until you reach a managerial position.
The supervisors at Just Energy are always willing to help you advance and succeed. They offer training to new employees and your salary increases the longer you stay there. My co-workers were extremely helpful and I learned a lot about customer service and sales techniques. The hardest part of the job was working 12 hours but the most enjoyable part – more... was spending time with my co-workers. – less
Practice
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Southfield, MIMay 7, 2013
I would arrive at the job between 8:00-8:30 am so that I could practice and learn from others on how to meet and greet potential clients at the door.The co-workers were always welcoming and pushing you to do better.To me the most enjoyable part of my job was traveling across Michigan and visiting all the different cities,But the job would prove to be – more... the most difficult during the winter months. – less
stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 26, 2013
sale energy, you have to deal with a lot of people and convince them to get our product.
Wonderful place to get hands-on experience in customer service and sales.
Field Sales Contractor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 24, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: consuming
I loved working for Just Energy because I learned a lot about myself professionally. I would leave the house at 7 in the morning and get home around 9 or 10 at night. The money was great and advancement was always possible. However, it requires a lot of your time! It was great for the summer.
Terrible
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2013
Pros: none.
Cons: hours, coworkers, boss, pay
The boss was loud and sped everywhere when driving. I thought he was going to kill me! I worked from 9am to 11pm usually, every day of the week. I was given minimal training, and wasn't paid for it. The co-workers I was assigned to all smoked weed everywhere they went and weren't very professional at all. I hated all of it.
supportive workplace
data entry operator (Former Employee), auckland cityMarch 15, 2013
Pros: friday party
I got experience of data entry and now i am ready to work in large organisation and i got good experience from door to door sales as well.
*buzzer*
Sales Associate / Team Leader (Former Employee), kew gardens, queens, NYMarch 13, 2013
Pros: they do lock in electric and gas rates
Cons: everything else
management is cool and make the day start off great... but the far traveling,not so good areas to do the door to door sales and ridiculously extensive hours kill the mood. Sold a bunch, the majority cancelled, meaning i only made enough to cover transportation and food. good job for a teen, not so much to support a family. Also has clips in the news – more... saying its a scam so NO ONE would even answer their doors after that. – less

Ears – April 13, 2013

Just energy is a scam for employees and specially for consumers. People who work there or stop because of pending deals that Beacwood and other offices keep. They corporate office keep your money give it to person running office. They tell the IRS you made the money they keep. Then they have contest to motivate you to get more deals. The money hand pic or to make it look good for new comers is the agent on money. Remember pendings deals that did magic tricks. The corporate keep your deals weekly a percent of everyone deals weekly. For example you made 1000 they report to IRS that you made all of deals you wrote. So if pending was 500 your taxes is 1500 that you made. So the company is getting rich off people. Also customers they don't have a rate it a ghost rate. Meaning the 5% discount is off there high rate that they don't post on their electric PUCO apple to apple. Yeah they gas is posted but that the intro rate not their rate they don't have one. I work their for long a I could take it. 12hr day on professional people that are the most liars on earth. Felt bad for new agent they get so deceive by contest money that's percent of recycle money that already theirs. Ive seen new young ladies come in babys to feed in write 50 deals and get no check for weeks. I wonder how they haven't got raided by police because what they do in morally wrong and against the law. They hire new people to keep it going out with one not with the plan. New people don't know.

Hated it!
Costumer Service/Independent Contractor (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 5, 2013
Pros: my co-workers
Cons: long days, with little to no pay for the work we did, commissioned only!!
I could not stand working for this company. I was only there for three months, and in that three months I worked more hours than a person with two full-time jobs. We would report to the office around 9 or 11 and would get out to the field to walk to knock on customers doors around 1 or 2 pm. Then we would be out there until around 10 pm at times. The – more... only up side was some of the people I worked with at times. – less
loved the place!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Largo, FLFebruary 28, 2013
i wish the place didnt close!!! i loved it just wish they didnt close dwn for good!!
loved the place!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Largo, FLFebruary 28, 2013
It was fun plus you got to traval
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Beechwood, OHFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: you have alot of fun
Cons: you got paid by commission, worked 12hrs a day mon-sat
We would go over our script for like the first hour or two then we would be assigned groups that was six to a van then given our location once we got to our location we would split up in two's an go door to door trying to get people to switch there gas supplier,
The harder you worked the more you will profit.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: more money the better at sales
Cons: the less you sell the less you earn
The exact same as Aquafuzion with everything being in the same origin.
VERY UNPROFESSIONAL PLACE
sales rep (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2013
THEY WERE VERY UNPROFESSIONAL TO ME,HAD TO MAKE A SALE IN ORDER TO GET PAID.WAS ALONE AT TIMES WHEN WE WERE WALKING DOOR TO DOOR SELLING ENERGY.IT WOULD BE LATE AT NIGHT.
A Day At Just Energy
Electricity Sales Representative (Former Employee), TexasJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: great commission
Cons: lot of traveling
Getting to neighborhoods by 9am and staying to 9pm
Knocking more than 65 doors in a day to tell customers about rising cost in electricity bills and offer them an alternative.
Positive and productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bingham Farms, MIJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: hour breaks
Cons: unorganized company
A typical day at work organized and focused. Seeking to learn about my company or organization. I manage things carefully records, work place etc.I enjoy motivated,focused, positive, and experienced. The hardest thing is to work under allot of pressure. As i said i enjoy being around joy full co-workers and a positive environment.
Positive and productive
Pros: hour breaks
Cons: unorganized company

About Just Energy

Just Energy seeks a more just outcome for its customers, when it comes to energy prices. The natural gas and electricity marketer – Read more