Just Energy Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with lots of freedom.
Door to door Salesman (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 November 2013
Great place to work for those who like the outdoors. This Job will heighten your social skills or give you some if you lack them. The hardest part of the job is selling a product you know nothing about, so I advise you to do your homework. If you like to meet and greet new people then this is the job for you as you will come across a very wide variety of individuals so have fun and be you.
Pros
Fresh Air and lots of exsercise.
Cons
Long days and short nights, lack of social life outside of work.
Challenging and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke1 November 2013
Challenging and fun place to work. Good shift work options.
fun workplace
Customer/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 September 2013
fun workplace and good team members==a typical day at work
what you learned==teamwork
management==good
your co-workers==fun
the hardest part of the job==working till late nights
the most enjoyable part of the job===lunch
Just Energy
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 September 2013
Just energy is a fast paced growing company. Its a great environment but its a lot of negative pressure
Gain transferable skills, Great staff that works together as a team
CSR Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 September 2013
Every day I wake up with a purpose. I set aside a few personal goals I want to accomplish once I enter the workplace and I will stop at nothing until I achieve them. I'm a person that loves a challenge and wants to produce good hard work. Just Energy allows me to be part of team where timelines are in place and clear tasks are delegated in order to achieve the ultimate goal. The setting of the callcenter allows me to take my calls with pride. Most importantly I have the pleasure of working with a great group of people, that are are prepared to come in everyday and do what it takes to resolve the customers issue at hand and available for assistance when required. The management team is fantastic at Just Energy. Everyone respects them because they are sensitive towards each individual situation and they make us feel like a family. They lead by example and they are always available for consultation. This is a great environment that has taught me new transferable skills, that will better me in the workplace.
Pros
Allows you to take initiative and be accountable for your own work
Fun, Productive, Exciting
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 August 2013
worked as a team player
customer service
long days
learned people skills, patience and how to really enjoy working
get along well with co-workers
great over-all experience and atmosphere to work in
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
log hours
Fun but cut throat
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 July 2013
The only thing any one cares about here is making money and at any cost. You would be foolish to trust your co workers.
Positive place to work
Door-to-door sales agent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 July 2013
Great place to work for people who dont need a Work / Life Balance. Motivational employers, it was cool to always be meeting new people.
Pros
Roadtrips
Cons
Long hours, having to pay for everything yourself
Productive and intense environemt
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2013
Good job with a good payroll-200 dollars per sale. Gained a great amount of experience in sales. However, sales was only based on commission so it was stressful and it was an 11 hour job Monday-Friday.
Interesting place to work
Customer Relations and Compliance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2013
Interesting place to work, lots to learn, an exciting industry with a diverse culture.
Pros
Compensation and growth opportunities.
Cons
Mobility restrained due to timing.
Fun Enviroment Relaxed Table Tennis in Office
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 May 2013
Spent alot of time doing nothing. Got to work at 8am hung out at office till 10am (literally hung out played table tennis, 1hole golf, socialized) had short meeting where they would "pump you up" and get energized go over dailey goals, then we would go to the mall for lunch till 1130-12 then drove to the city we worked in. Stayed in that city till almost 9pm befor heading home 1-2hr drive.
Pros
Beer & Wing Nights, Travel Paid
Cons
Long hours, multiple locations
Not a great place to work if you are looking for growth
Senior Commissions /Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2013
If you are looking for growth and development, JE is not the place for you... Some of the management team in Finance is not very fair and favours certain people.
Ok.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Toronto9 April 2013
Door to Door sales. You have the opportunity to make very good money, but that requires knocking on peoples doors from 8am to 8pm 7 days per week.
It's a contract job.
Sr. Quality Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2013
It's good company and i enjoyed work here, my team was very friendly and supported but here i was on contract.I learned a lots of new things here.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long hrs
The story
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto23 March 2013
there are a lot of outdoor job experience, a tiring a job but with the stratification of travel around ontario
Quiet and on the clock job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 February 2013
Great opportunity to improve quality of work. Friendly and homely environment to work which enabled to resolve customer queries efficiently.
Irate customers were brought back to calm situation by empathizing and being with them.
Provided best time to complete all the telephone doctor online courses which enhanced the efficiency and confident level to move further in customer service.
Pros
extra hours with high salary
Cons
day shifts
Amazing Opportunity
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Kitchener15 November 2012
Average income at the B to B level is over six figures. Expect to work 9 to 9 Monday to Saturday and no holidays. Live in your car/office all day. Make ridiculous commissions.

My family won.
Pros
serious dollars possible
Cons
serious pressure to perform
Easy going environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 November 2012
A typical day at Just Energy is to put my head set on, log in and take calls. There are always new rules,procedures, information on energy, rates and different situations with customers that keeps me learning on a regular basis. The management at Just Energy is very professional and most Managers are approachable. I have gained many friends of different cultures at Just Energy and enjoy working in that type of environment. The hardest part of my job is reading scripts repeatedly one after the other because it is very repetitive. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers who need further information to understand their program and it`s benefits.
Pros
100% benefits
Cons
working hours
it was a door to door job
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON30 October 2012
it was an ok job!! i didnt like to work outside all the time! u started off late in the day and worked long in to the night and u had to get people to sign 5 year contract's!
Most of the people are friendly and helpful and their outings are enjoyable.
Registration Agent (Current Employee) –  245 Fairview Mall Drive, North York11 September 2012
I would door knock businesses and speak to them about their hydro and gas consumption. The objective was to move a business from Residential Billing to Business Billing inorder to gain more market share and offer a lower price. I learned a great deal about how hydro is charged, monitored, what to look for and how to switch clients over. Also learned how nasty people can be and that it is a very tough market and lot of people just want to complain.
The management were always very helpful, cooperative and encouraging and the co-workers were the same, for the most part.
The hardest part was the rejection and constant chasing clients down, not literally, and finding an area that hasn't been saturated. I enjoyed meeting people everyday and working along side with some wonderful people.
Pros
the commissions were abundant if you found the clientele.
Cons
long hours, no pay or incentive other than strictly commission pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8