Just Energy Employee Reviews

Great enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 January 2014
• Maintained a high level of customer care satisfaction
• Nominated by management to peer mentor new hires
• Consistently exceed team and individuals quotas in client satisfaction, quality and productivity by 10%
• Awarded “Employee of the Month” for exceptional customer care
• Awarded “Top Customer Service Representative” for two consecutive months
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 January 2014
Just Energy is a natural gas and electricity company, the department I worked in was inbound customer service. I assisted a number of customer on a daily basis with task that varied from setting up services to retaining customers. The hardest part of my job on a daily basis was retaining irate customers; I worked in a team setting where metrics were reviewed weekly. The most enjoyable part of my day was seeing my co-workers as we were a great team. Management overall was questionable as some managers were located in a different country.
THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLYYYY
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga courtney park19 January 2014
THE GOOD - Good place to start a career in a call center environment, room for advancement and you can make good friends and have with your small group of buddies.
THE BAD - Salary is very inconsistent, you start with a minimum pay and you do the same as someone that makes 5 dollars an hour more. Bonus and incentives are no good! only management gets the benefits of it and they don't do anything. Management team are just customer service reps from last week, no experience what so ever. The benefits are good, however because of that reason workers have to deal with a lot of non sense and be part of a factory system JE has without realizing that almost 90 percent of other companies also have 100% benefits...too sad.....there is much more but ill just jump to the ugly.
THE UGLY. If you get stock in the same role for more than 2 years, that just simply means that you suck, and you will get tire of JE repetitive FACTORY like environment which like many factories make you a robot. MANAGEMENT SUCKS, 5 % of upper management knows who you really are, the rest is sucking up to their bosses and here it comes...POLITICS, JE has more politics than the US ELECTONS......Anybody that has worked a JE knows that and because of the benefits they cannot leave...

FINAL POINT...get a bit of money, take advantage of the benefits, learn how corporate call centers are run, learn how to deal with customers...and get out of JE...
Pros
call center experience
Cons
Management, benefits, politics, training, management, upper management, hr, management, upper management
EXCELLENT FOR INDEPENDENT WORKERS
NO JOB SECURITY
PAYS ON COMMISSION ONLY
Professional Enviroment with Flexibility
Lead Agent for HVAC (Current Employee) –  toronto14 January 2014
I am described as a hard working person driven to assist customers professionally and respectfully. My experience at Just Energy and with my manager, Shail Silver supports my application for this position. While working there I developed the ability to proactively listen, identify issues, and provide workable solutions to customers and book appointments with them to make them knowledgeable about the rebates and gas consumption in their house. Though my work hours were part time but I could book as many appointments as other colleagues working full time. And could sell as many furnaces and air conditioners as they could. I won appreciation and motivation since the day I joined and could train new employees for the same position.
Combining that work experience with my ability to communicate and multitask, I believe that I can bring to a team of professionals a great understanding of customer experiences, identifying and discussing customer needs, and to which team member to best escalate any issues appropriately. My experience with Just Energy customers required that I become knowledgeable in transactional needs of personal customers complying with company policies and procedures.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
commission
Call center environment
Commercial Client Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 December 2013
Generally speaking a decent place to work. Large call center.
Great people to work with, but the job just sucks.
Gas marketer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg,MB8 December 2013
My boss and co-worker's were awesome, but the job is solely commission, with some days getting you 0-70$ based on 8-10 hours of work.

Cons:
- Door to door rejection.
- Weather
- No wage payed except for commission
- Long hours
- Not worth it
- Selling people a fixed rate that could lose them money

Pros
- Boss and co-workers were awesome
- Just energy Nation points for each sale
- Won't get fired if you show up most of the time
Pros
People are great.
Cons
Hours, weather, pay.
A true test of skill,
Independant Contractor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2013
Typical days started around one in the afternoon, after lunch we would start knocking on doors. Now I learned that people don't generally like to be harassed in their homes, but also the right approach and you can make any steaming hot head cool down to conversational level. It's all about attitude, persistence, guile, and a little smooth serenade .
Pros
I am one.
Cons
Long hours.
enjoyed the type of work but not compensation
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2013
. F/T work
. learned customer satisfaction
. enjoyed communication with co workers
. unstable pay structure.
Fun workplace with lots of freedom.
Door to door Salesman (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 November 2013
Great place to work for those who like the outdoors. This Job will heighten your social skills or give you some if you lack them. The hardest part of the job is selling a product you know nothing about, so I advise you to do your homework. If you like to meet and greet new people then this is the job for you as you will come across a very wide variety of individuals so have fun and be you.
Pros
Fresh Air and lots of exsercise.
Cons
Long days and short nights, lack of social life outside of work.
Challenging and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke1 November 2013
Challenging and fun place to work. Good shift work options.
fun workplace
Customer/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 September 2013
fun workplace and good team members==a typical day at work
what you learned==teamwork
management==good
your co-workers==fun
the hardest part of the job==working till late nights
the most enjoyable part of the job===lunch
Just Energy
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 September 2013
Just energy is a fast paced growing company. Its a great environment but its a lot of negative pressure
Gain transferable skills, Great staff that works together as a team
CSR Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 September 2013
Every day I wake up with a purpose. I set aside a few personal goals I want to accomplish once I enter the workplace and I will stop at nothing until I achieve them. I'm a person that loves a challenge and wants to produce good hard work. Just Energy allows me to be part of team where timelines are in place and clear tasks are delegated in order to achieve the ultimate goal. The setting of the callcenter allows me to take my calls with pride. Most importantly I have the pleasure of working with a great group of people, that are are prepared to come in everyday and do what it takes to resolve the customers issue at hand and available for assistance when required. The management team is fantastic at Just Energy. Everyone respects them because they are sensitive towards each individual situation and they make us feel like a family. They lead by example and they are always available for consultation. This is a great environment that has taught me new transferable skills, that will better me in the workplace.
Pros
Allows you to take initiative and be accountable for your own work
Fun, Productive, Exciting
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 August 2013
worked as a team player
customer service
long days
learned people skills, patience and how to really enjoy working
get along well with co-workers
great over-all experience and atmosphere to work in
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
log hours
Fun but cut throat
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 July 2013
The only thing any one cares about here is making money and at any cost. You would be foolish to trust your co workers.
Positive place to work
Door-to-door sales agent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 July 2013
Great place to work for people who dont need a Work / Life Balance. Motivational employers, it was cool to always be meeting new people.
Pros
Roadtrips
Cons
Long hours, having to pay for everything yourself
Productive and intense environemt
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2013
Good job with a good payroll-200 dollars per sale. Gained a great amount of experience in sales. However, sales was only based on commission so it was stressful and it was an 11 hour job Monday-Friday.
Interesting place to work
Customer Relations and Compliance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2013
Interesting place to work, lots to learn, an exciting industry with a diverse culture.
Pros
Compensation and growth opportunities.
Cons
Mobility restrained due to timing.
Fun Enviroment Relaxed Table Tennis in Office
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 May 2013
Spent alot of time doing nothing. Got to work at 8am hung out at office till 10am (literally hung out played table tennis, 1hole golf, socialized) had short meeting where they would "pump you up" and get energized go over dailey goals, then we would go to the mall for lunch till 1130-12 then drove to the city we worked in. Stayed in that city till almost 9pm befor heading home 1-2hr drive.
Pros
Beer & Wing Nights, Travel Paid
Cons
Long hours, multiple locations

2.8