Just Energy Employee Reviews

DO NOT WORK FOR JUST ENERGY
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  MississaugaAugust 7, 2014
This company has an "F" rating on the better business bureau for good reasons. 95% of their customers are being ripped off, their door to door sales man use pressure tactics even against seniors and people on disability. They also go around promising savings which doesn't happen either. Go on their wikipedia page if you dont believe me.

As a customer service rep you deal with a lot of irate customers who dont understand why their bill is so high. Its because just energy has hidden fees. They go around saying customers will pay $90 for gas and ele but their actual bill is $300-$500 after all the costs they dont tell customers about. Who would want to work for such a scam company?

My managers were not helpful, they told me to lie on the phone and promise customers savings. I refuse to scam people and i would never work for a scam company like just energy.

PS - I met both CEO's of just energy, they are crooks who used to work at enron, its no wonder they created just energy.
Pros
office job
Cons
everything
Customer focus has been lost.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 14, 2015
I am currently working at Just Energy in a dynamic and changing environment. Though I enjoy the challenge of new ideas and continuous learning, I am looking for a position that will allow me to use my recently acquired administrative and computer skills. The opportunities to move to this type of a role at Just Energy are minimal which is very frustrating as an employee. The environment has changed significantly from when I started, changing from a customer service role to a sales role with little focus on the customer. I understand that customer service must result in a mutually beneficial resolution for both the customer and the company, but at this time I feel the customer focus has almost disappeared.Customer focus has been lost. I enjoy the interaction with my co-workers and customers on a daily basis.
Pros
Company support to complete Certificate of Apprenticeship, through the Ontario College of Trades and Apprenticeship, certificate in Information Technology - Contact Centre Customer Service Agent.
Cons
The lack of a collaborative environment between employees and management.
Amazing Opportunity
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  KitchenerNovember 15, 2012
Average income at the B to B level is over six figures. Expect to work 9 to 9 Monday to Saturday and no holidays. Live in your car/office all day. Make ridiculous commissions.

My family won.
Pros
serious dollars possible
Cons
serious pressure to perform
fun workplace
Customer/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 24, 2013
fun workplace and good team members==a typical day at work
what you learned==teamwork
management==good
your co-workers==fun
the hardest part of the job==working till late nights
the most enjoyable part of the job===lunch
Not a great place to work if you are looking for growth
Senior Commissions /Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 26, 2013
If you are looking for growth and development, JE is not the place for you... Some of the management team in Finance is not very fair and favours certain people.
Productive and intense environemt
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 17, 2013
Good job with a good payroll-200 dollars per sale. Gained a great amount of experience in sales. However, sales was only based on commission so it was stressful and it was an 11 hour job Monday-Friday.
Positive place to work
Door-to-door sales agent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 10, 2013
Great place to work for people who dont need a Work / Life Balance. Motivational employers, it was cool to always be meeting new people.
Pros
roadtrips
Cons
long hours, having to pay for everything yourself
Interesting place to work
Customer Relations and Compliance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 5, 2013
Interesting place to work, lots to learn, an exciting industry with a diverse culture.
Pros
compensation and growth opportunities.
Cons
mobility restrained due to timing.
Gooing door to door to sell Energy
Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2014
Did not stay long enough to establish this job.
really did not get any support on how to manage this job.
Pros
learning about the different ways of energy in toronto
Cons
door to door canvasing
extremely stressful
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 18, 2012
ong hours & a stressful job make it difficult to enjoy the work. management was always looking over your shoulder & everyone was very stressed out.
Pros
learnt something different & new
Great company
Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 24, 2014
Working in a team environment selling energy. Door to door sales. Enjoyed working with co-workers and enjoyed management team.
it was a door to door job
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  North York, ONOctober 30, 2012
it was an ok job!! i didnt like to work outside all the time! u started off late in the day and worked long in to the night and u had to get people to sign 5 year contract's!
It's a contract job.
Sr. Quality Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2013
It's good company and i enjoyed work here, my team was very friendly and supported but here i was on contract.I learned a lots of new things here.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long hrs
EXCELLENT FOR INDEPENDENT WORKERS
SALES (Former Employee) –  FAIRVIEWJanuary 17, 2014
DOOR TO DOOR "SALES" OF HYDRO/GAS PRODUCTS
MANAGEMENT AND CO-WORKERS FRIENDLY
COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT
NO JOB SECURITY
PAYS ON COMMISSION ONLY
enjoyed the type of work but not compensation
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2013
. F/T work
. learned customer satisfaction
. enjoyed communication with co workers
. unstable pay structure.
Top Corporate Reception / Customer Service
Corporate Receptionist (Facilities) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 11, 2014
I work in a fast paced corporate enviroment.
I am responsible in maintaining top Customer Service.
fun cold
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 7, 2015
I liked it Manger was not a nice guy . Lots of bonus but hard to get . I liked dealing with the coustomers
Pros
trips
Fair
Team Manager Sales (Former Employee) –  MississaugaDecember 7, 2014
JOB and the company infrastructure good with facilities but the management is ok as never aware of what is happening.
Gain transferable skills, Great staff that works together as a team
CSR Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Every day I wake up with a purpose. I set aside a few personal goals I want to accomplish once I enter the workplace and I will stop at nothing until I achieve them. I'm a person that loves a challenge and wants to produce good hard work. Just Energy allows me to be part of team where timelines are in place and clear tasks are delegated in order to achieve the ultimate goal. The setting of the callcenter allows me to take my calls with pride. Most importantly I have the pleasure of working with a great group of people, that are are prepared to come in everyday and do what it takes to resolve the customers issue at hand and available for assistance when required. The management team is fantastic at Just Energy. Everyone respects them because they are sensitive towards each individual situation and they make us feel like a family. They lead by example and they are always available for consultation. This is a great environment that has taught me new transferable skills, that will better me in the workplace.
Pros
allows you to take initiative and be accountable for your own work
Ok.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  TorontoApril 9, 2013
Door to Door sales. You have the opportunity to make very good money, but that requires knocking on peoples doors from 8am to 8pm 7 days per week.

2.8