Just Energy

Just Energy Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
independent commission job
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), shaker heights, ohMarch 23, 2014
Pros: hours were pretty good
Cons: no benefits
i didnt really enjoy just energy. i didnt find an interest in going door to door, trying to sign up the residences in those neighborhoods. i couldn't get too use to not getting a steady income.
Account manager
Energy Consultant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 18, 2014
Managed over 250 accounts, collected on accounts, skip tracing, responsible for company standard numbers weekly, loaded, unloaded, and delivery of furniture, home appliances, and electronics, face to face and over the phone customer service and sales, answering inbound calls concerning customer’s accounts and balances, overviewed all client communication – more... and conflict resolution, resolving billing problems and maintaining records, budget development and management – less
Productive workforce enviroment
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 17, 2014
Pros: its pros the weekly schedule was never an issue. there were no set days to work.
Cons: weather conditions
Come in prepare neccessary document needed in the field.
Go to assigned vehicles
Work until scheduled time
Learned better ways to approach potential clients of/ for the company
Payday was the most enjoyable
Expressions on customers face when I know I have hope them
Indepenent Contractor/Customer Service (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 17, 2014
great job i love helping people..i am a peoples person I interact well with others as if i am the customer for its because of a customer I have a job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILMarch 13, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: no base pay
There are many who do well with this kind of position and for the most part training is sufficient.
Nice place to start
Logistics (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2014
you are given enough responsibility from day one ad have to learn on the job.
productive
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Southfield, MIFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
long work days
I learned how to communicate
friendly management
friendly co-workers
a lot of walking
helping customers
High Turn Over
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2014
Cons: short breaks, parking
*A typical work day at JE, is extremely stressful.

*I have learned a lot of information about the electricity market that I didn't know previous to this position. Now i know how to reduce energy consumption and what to look for on my own light bill.

*The training class was long and fun but not anything at all like being on the actual floor, causing – more... a very high turn over

*My coworkers are like a family and they are what make the workplace a little more enjoyable.

*The most difficult part of the job would have to be the lack of management or help with escalated calls, people are constantly dropping the ball with following back up w a customer about certain things (causing PUC complaints). Also having so many quit and having new hires as often as we do, there is a lack of information that is being told to the consumer.

*The most enjoyable part of the job is when customers tell me how great of a job i did with the call and compliment me on my professionalism compared to others they've dealt with in the company. Knowing that I'm doing my job to best of my ability is what brings me delight. – less
Fun people, interesting job.
Outdoor sales, door-to-door (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: company paid for lunch for new people, people were always friendly.
Cons: knocking on doors can be dangerous, the pay being 100% commission-based means small paychecks for new people.
I would drive into work, a 40 minute drive for me, and we would train the new people, like I was at the time, before going for lunch. Then it was off to our sales areas to knock on doors for around 8 hours. The people were fun and friendly, including my manager.
very loud and unprofessional
Door to Door Salesman (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: fun family oriented work place, very supportive
Cons: no breaks, worked on commison, 6 days a week up to 12 hours a day.
job was almost a joke to everybody. alot of people quite due to them not giving us our full checks making us pay for our out of town work with no money to have for food.
Only for a certain type of person
Team Leader/Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: big checks, strong family atmosphere
Cons: no benefits, no base pay, strict commission, horrible long hours, roadtrips paid out of pocket, very in your face agressive management, no life/job balance.
Flat-out, Just Energy has the HIGHEST rate in all the market and the hours are horrible and relentless and you walk door to door sometimes all day for free and they stiff your paychecks and your paychecks either come out great or horrible, but they have a great family atmosphere and when the checks do pay out theyre good. All in all, find a different – more... electric company to work for because they will have a lower rate and noone wants to be stuck with a high rate for 5 years. But they will train you because they are a world class sales force – less
excellent place to work
Director of Sales (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: good place to work
Cons: company sold to us energy savings
excellent place to work until company was sold
company was in tune of every as[ect of sales dealings until company got sold
company losing money for workers.
sales
Sales Associate internship (Former Employee), Chelsea, MADecember 26, 2013
team work, work indoors and outdoors , sales,mange between my studies and work
Fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Liverpool, NYDecember 18, 2013
Door to door sales. well organized learned great customer service skills. Great management Nice and competive co-works felt more like a family. working in the rain.
Traveling Meeting new people and working with my co-workers
im going with SCAM
CSR (Former Employee), south bend indianaDecember 17, 2013
Cons: only door to door, no other positions available
Was lied to. I was told customer service. There is no such position. It is all door to door sales. There is no phone room. Only door to door.
Great people to work with, but the job just sucks.
Gas marketer (Former Employee), Winnipeg,MBDecember 8, 2013
Pros: people are great.
Cons: hours, weather, pay.
My boss and co-worker's were awesome, but the job is solely commission, with some days getting you 0-70$ based on 8-10 hours of work.

Cons:
- Door to door rejection.
- Weather
- No wage payed except for commission
- Long hours
- Not worth it
- Selling people a fixed rate that could lose them money

Pros
- Boss and co-workers were awesome
- Just energy – more... Nation points for each sale
- Won't get fired if you show up most of the time – less
Good pay but long hours
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Bingham Farms, MINovember 22, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours
The pay and benefits are great, you get what you put in though. Hard work pays off with a big paycheck.
productive and fun work place doing door to door sales
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), South Bend, INNovember 5, 2013
we traveled to different city's in northern Indiana and went door to door offering them a fixed rate on there NISPCO gas bill
Productive and fun work place
Contractor Sales (Former Employee), Mission, TXOctober 29, 2013
A typical day at work I learned how to communicate with people. My co-workers were nice and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was walking on the streets on the hot summer days. The most enjoyable part of the job was the money.
Field Sales
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 23, 2013
Pros: unlimited income potential
Cons: no benefits, no breaks
This is a great opportunity for young and young at heart whom love the outdoors and going without breaks. This opportunity is as an independent contractor with no benefits. If those things are not important to you, it is a great opportunity.

About Just Energy

Just Energy seeks a more just outcome for its customers, when it comes to energy prices. The natural gas and electricity marketer – Read more