Just Energy Employee Reviews

Good enviroment, professional and positive attitude
Operations Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 June 2014
My day starts with me checking all voicemails as I am responsible for taking inbound calls. Once I have checked them all, I look that the schedule for the rest of the week and optimize it to make full we are at full capacity.

Everyday is challenging with customer related inquiries, service calls and customer complaints. I also pitch when I get inbound calls ans try to get some sales into the system.

I also do retention; so any accounts that aren't closed off, I try to retain and close them off.

I work very closely with my co-workers and make sure I communicate with them and I have quick meeting with my manager and my team member to discuss conversions and make sure that we are working to the full potential.

I love taking up challenges and love to problem solve. I love to interact with people so the hardest part would be the amount of issues that come up everyday and the enjoyable part would be able to succeed in solving them
Pros
Postive Environement
Cons
Productive and fun workplace with some incentives.
Collections/ Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 July 2012
A typical day @ work was very busy all the time, I was always learning new rates for diferent areas, no problems with management, I never had any problems with my co-workers, the hardest part of the job sometimes some customers were a bit dificult, the most enjoyable part of the job was I made a lot of commission every day.
Pros
i made a lot of commission every day.
Cons
very longhours
Productive day at work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, On28 January 2014
A typical day at work would be to arrive 10 minutes early. Log in your computer and phone system. Be ready for the first call at 9 am. Answer the phone being polite and product knowledge. Listen to each customer's concern and address each concern before ending the conversation. Provide product knowledge and thank them for calling Just Energy. Being available to help your co-workers through out the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is to satisfy each customer and have them say Thank you for your assistance.
Pros
Retentaining customer, product knowledge
Cons
Each call can take over 30 mins
productive and fun work place,learn and meets intersting people everyday
Fairview Dr, Scarborough, sales representative (Former Employee) –  toronto,ontario14 July 2015
Just Energy serves more than 1.8 million customers across North America. In more than 17 years, Just Energy has established itself as one of the top natural gas and electricity providers in the U.S. and Canada.Just Energy is committed to offering green energy options to residential and commercial customers alike. its was a great working experience for me.
Good pay, awful work.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 January 2015
VERY long work hours, door-to-door sales.

Paid based on performance but incredibly long work hours. In the office at 10:30am - 12:30pm, outside 1:00pm - 9:00pm or later, Mon - Sat. ALL WEATHER plus 1 week business trip with hotel costs taken out of pay.

High turnover rate and very pushy management
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
Interesting place that introduced me to sales targets
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 April 2014
At typical day at work, we the sales representatives go meet potential clients in areas researched for home improvements.

I learned how to sell a product to a client and how to offer professional client services for home home improvements.

In the evenings, we cold called the clients to inquire about their satisfaction levels with our products and services

I loved working with a partner because we complemented each other's sales pitches and skills whenever it was needed
Pros
Income depends on personal sales
Cons
Little space for improvement
Entry Level
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2015
This is a great company for entry level SQL programmers. This company is good for people wanting to go to school after work.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Great enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 January 2014
• Maintained a high level of customer care satisfaction
• Nominated by management to peer mentor new hires
• Consistently exceed team and individuals quotas in client satisfaction, quality and productivity by 10%
• Awarded “Employee of the Month” for exceptional customer care
• Awarded “Top Customer Service Representative” for two consecutive months
Excellent employers
Scheduling co-ordinator / Warranty Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 August 2014
Just Energy has been a great company to be a part of, for the past 2 years I have been able to use a wide range of skills to benefit myself and the company, as well as learn new skills and procedures along the way. Management is great and understanding, and treats employees very well.
Pros
Fair company to work for
Positive place to work
Door-to-door sales agent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 July 2013
Great place to work for people who dont need a Work / Life Balance. Motivational employers, it was cool to always be meeting new people.
Pros
Roadtrips
Cons
Long hours, having to pay for everything yourself
Fun workplace with lots of freedom.
Door to door Salesman (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 November 2013
Great place to work for those who like the outdoors. This Job will heighten your social skills or give you some if you lack them. The hardest part of the job is selling a product you know nothing about, so I advise you to do your homework. If you like to meet and greet new people then this is the job for you as you will come across a very wide variety of individuals so have fun and be you.
Pros
Fresh Air and lots of exsercise.
Cons
Long days and short nights, lack of social life outside of work.
fun workplace with awesome colleague
B2B Sales contractor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2015
- we are in charge with negotiating customers to buy our products
-It's really great for me to be in a multi culture ream
- It's a commission base job but there is a bunch of bonuses
A typical day at work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2015
Just Energy is a fast paced environment that keeps one highly engaged. Every day is different, which makes it exciting to work in this environment.
Amazing Opportunity
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Kitchener15 November 2012
Average income at the B to B level is over six figures. Expect to work 9 to 9 Monday to Saturday and no holidays. Live in your car/office all day. Make ridiculous commissions.

My family won.
Pros
serious dollars possible
Cons
serious pressure to perform
fun workplace
Customer/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 September 2013
fun workplace and good team members==a typical day at work
what you learned==teamwork
management==good
your co-workers==fun
the hardest part of the job==working till late nights
the most enjoyable part of the job===lunch
Not a great place to work if you are looking for growth
Senior Commissions /Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2013
If you are looking for growth and development, JE is not the place for you... Some of the management team in Finance is not very fair and favours certain people.
Friendly work environment.
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2015
Fast pace work environment, with cooperative colleagues. Flexible work hours with possibility to work from home once a month. There is a place for growth.
Total Review
Contract Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario6 January 2015
I can say that this job was kind of entry level job. There is not any improvement in this position and it is completely the same as self-employee. I needed to handle all of the business by myself and design my strategy and my plans. There wasn’t any clear area as a territory and I was able to work any where as I wanted.
Professional Enviroment with Flexibility
Lead Agent for HVAC (Current Employee) –  toronto14 January 2014
I am described as a hard working person driven to assist customers professionally and respectfully. My experience at Just Energy and with my manager, Shail Silver supports my application for this position. While working there I developed the ability to proactively listen, identify issues, and provide workable solutions to customers and book appointments with them to make them knowledgeable about the rebates and gas consumption in their house. Though my work hours were part time but I could book as many appointments as other colleagues working full time. And could sell as many furnaces and air conditioners as they could. I won appreciation and motivation since the day I joined and could train new employees for the same position.
Combining that work experience with my ability to communicate and multitask, I believe that I can bring to a team of professionals a great understanding of customer experiences, identifying and discussing customer needs, and to which team member to best escalate any issues appropriately. My experience with Just Energy customers required that I become knowledgeable in transactional needs of personal customers complying with company policies and procedures.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
commission
Very challenging job
DOOR TO DOOR SALES (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2014
I would work with a team to choose a location in Calgary to door knock. We would drive to the location with a map and work through the area. Door to door salespeople have to deal with a lot of rejection. I learned how to change the flow of a conversation from negative to positive, gained a lot of interpersonal skills, and learned how to manage a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8