Just Energy

Just Energy Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Typical day at work
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 5, 2014
First thing is we have a morning meeting, we go over sales stats and talk about how to better improve our sales numbers. Next we going to our team groups and discuss strategy of how to appeal to certain customers. Our groups drive out to the neighborhoods and go door to door selling Energy.
Very fun, but difficult
Sales Manager (Former Employee), South Bend, INJune 3, 2014
Pros: you make your pay check
Cons: only commission
Doing sales is always a challenge. Luckfully I have always had a drive and willing to do what ever it takes to succeed.
exciting prize awards- immediate cash for meeting daily set sales goals
Account Executive/Sales/Marketing (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 1, 2014
Pros: public relations
Cons: mo benefits, no training, strictly commission job
Hostile work environment, low profile-employees, no drug screen, 99% of contractors are high school drop-outs
good experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMay 13, 2014
Pros: teamwork and good pay
Cons: long late dyas
i would help clean the buildings with the other team later on i would go over all the work that we did to make sure it is completed the right way
deli
Enrollment Agent (Current Employee), Southfield, MIMay 3, 2014
i hated this job so much. i slipped alot because of a leak nobody ever got fixed.
Busy workplace
Customer Service/ Sales (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHApril 21, 2014
Door to door sales,greeting and meeting new people, trying to get them to change their energy supplier.
Great pay and shifts
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 16, 2014
You will meet great people that you can bond with at work and outside of work. the pay is nice and have flexibale shifts.
Loved this job!
Field Sales Contractor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 13, 2014
This was a well-paying job that allowed for a lot of independence. It involved traveling all over Illinois and meeting different types of people.
growing company
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 1, 2014
high volume of calls, assist customers with any billing inquiry, new service or transfer of service.
independent commission job
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), shaker heights, ohMarch 23, 2014
Pros: hours were pretty good
Cons: no benefits
i didnt really enjoy just energy. i didnt find an interest in going door to door, trying to sign up the residences in those neighborhoods. i couldn't get too use to not getting a steady income.
Account manager
Energy Consultant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 18, 2014
Managed over 250 accounts, collected on accounts, skip tracing, responsible for company standard numbers weekly, loaded, unloaded, and delivery of furniture, home appliances, and electronics, face to face and over the phone customer service and sales, answering inbound calls concerning customer’s accounts and balances, overviewed all client communication – more... and conflict resolution, resolving billing problems and maintaining records, budget development and management – less
Productive workforce enviroment
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 17, 2014
Pros: its pros the weekly schedule was never an issue. there were no set days to work.
Cons: weather conditions
Come in prepare neccessary document needed in the field.
Go to assigned vehicles
Work until scheduled time
Learned better ways to approach potential clients of/ for the company
Payday was the most enjoyable
Expressions on customers face when I know I have hope them
Indepenent Contractor/Customer Service (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 17, 2014
great job i love helping people..i am a peoples person I interact well with others as if i am the customer for its because of a customer I have a job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILMarch 13, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: no base pay
There are many who do well with this kind of position and for the most part training is sufficient.
Nice place to start
Logistics (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2014
you are given enough responsibility from day one ad have to learn on the job.
productive
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Southfield, MIFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
long work days
I learned how to communicate
friendly management
friendly co-workers
a lot of walking
helping customers
High Turn Over
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2014
Cons: short breaks, parking
*A typical work day at JE, is extremely stressful.

*I have learned a lot of information about the electricity market that I didn't know previous to this position. Now i know how to reduce energy consumption and what to look for on my own light bill.

*The training class was long and fun but not anything at all like being on the actual floor, causing – more... a very high turn over

*My coworkers are like a family and they are what make the workplace a little more enjoyable.

*The most difficult part of the job would have to be the lack of management or help with escalated calls, people are constantly dropping the ball with following back up w a customer about certain things (causing PUC complaints). Also having so many quit and having new hires as often as we do, there is a lack of information that is being told to the consumer.

*The most enjoyable part of the job is when customers tell me how great of a job i did with the call and compliment me on my professionalism compared to others they've dealt with in the company. Knowing that I'm doing my job to best of my ability is what brings me delight. – less
Fun people, interesting job.
Outdoor sales, door-to-door (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: company paid for lunch for new people, people were always friendly.
Cons: knocking on doors can be dangerous, the pay being 100% commission-based means small paychecks for new people.
I would drive into work, a 40 minute drive for me, and we would train the new people, like I was at the time, before going for lunch. Then it was off to our sales areas to knock on doors for around 8 hours. The people were fun and friendly, including my manager.
very loud and unprofessional
Door to Door Salesman (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: fun family oriented work place, very supportive
Cons: no breaks, worked on commison, 6 days a week up to 12 hours a day.
job was almost a joke to everybody. alot of people quite due to them not giving us our full checks making us pay for our out of town work with no money to have for food.
Only for a certain type of person
Team Leader/Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: big checks, strong family atmosphere
Cons: no benefits, no base pay, strict commission, horrible long hours, roadtrips paid out of pocket, very in your face agressive management, no life/job balance.
Flat-out, Just Energy has the HIGHEST rate in all the market and the hours are horrible and relentless and you walk door to door sometimes all day for free and they stiff your paychecks and your paychecks either come out great or horrible, but they have a great family atmosphere and when the checks do pay out theyre good. All in all, find a different – more... electric company to work for because they will have a lower rate and noone wants to be stuck with a high rate for 5 years. But they will train you because they are a world class sales force – less

About Just Energy

Just Energy seeks a more just outcome for its customers, when it comes to energy prices. The natural gas and electricity marketer – Read more