Just Energy Employee Reviews in Canada

B2B financial selling.
Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJuly 10, 2014
Factoring businesses or financing business via Accounts receivables.
Call and set appointments with business owners to help finance their business.

Small organization with high profits.
Great coworkers closely knit environment.

Hardest part of the job was to deal with cx who didn't get approved for financing.

Enjoyable part was going to work everyday.
Pros
small organization, easy to communicate with higher management.
Cons
small organization no room for advancement.
Door to Door sales representative
door to door sales representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONOctober 23, 2014
a typical day involved me introducing myself to all kinds of people right at there front door, I would inform them of the kind of services we offer and by the end I would hopefully have an interested costumer to sing-up.

i learned a lot about sales, and defiantly a lot about self confidence and how to handle all different kinds of situations involving the costumers.

The hardest part of my job was meeting the quota by the end of the week, we had to have a certain amount of customers singed up per week, in order to receive a certain amount of money each week.

My co workers were very respectful, out going group of people and the same goes for the management.
Love all sports, art, poetry, music and most importantly family
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  OntarioFebruary 28, 2014
My days are well structured, meaningful and measureable. Each day begins with an outline with specific goals. It is important to be able to evaluate not success daily but productivity and accomplishments.

A most critical aspect of each and every day is in fact what I've learned and how to it apply it moving forward.

As management it is essential to inspire and motivate co workers to seak and evaluate their own day and continue to grow as a team. It is more important to promote than self promote. Give value to the group without isolation.

The most difficult aspect of any job is dealing with your experience. Remaining humble yet authoritative. People that are williing to learn and accept critiscism will thrive. Personalities must be dealt with in different ways. As difficult as it is to identify this it also becomes the most enjoyable part of working.
fun cold
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 7, 2015
I liked it Manger was not a nice guy . Lots of bonus but hard to get . I liked dealing with the coustomers
Pros
trips
Cons
Long hours, Unreliable product.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONApril 20, 2014
This was a door to door sales job, the management was great, my co-workers were great the most enjoyable part of the job was the outdoors. The hardest part of the job was the product we were selling wasn't very beneficial to the customers and I had a guilty feeling selling it.
Pros
commision based
Cons
long hours and 7 days someimes.
Door to door sales job with potential
Saleman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 10, 2014
The job is 100% commission and consists of knocking on doors trying to make people combine their electricity/gas bills. There is potential to make a killing in this job if you can sell but to me I found it very discouraging having 100 people say no and most of the time be quite rude. Also I do not want to be knocking on doors when it's -40 outside.
Pros
tons of incentives, friendly work environment
Cons
long hours, 100% commision, door to door sales
Good pay, awful work.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 6, 2015
VERY long work hours, door-to-door sales.

Paid based on performance but incredibly long work hours. In the office at 10:30am - 12:30pm, outside 1:00pm - 9:00pm or later, Mon - Sat. ALL WEATHER plus 1 week business trip with hotel costs taken out of pay.

High turnover rate and very pushy management
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
Fun Enviroment Relaxed Table Tennis in Office
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 3, 2013
Spent alot of time doing nothing. Got to work at 8am hung out at office till 10am (literally hung out played table tennis, 1hole golf, socialized) had short meeting where they would "pump you up" and get energized go over dailey goals, then we would go to the mall for lunch till 1130-12 then drove to the city we worked in. Stayed in that city till almost 9pm befor heading home 1-2hr drive.
Pros
beer & wing nights, travel paid
Cons
long hours, multiple locations
EXCELLENT FOR INDEPENDENT WORKERS
SALES (Former Employee) –  FAIRVIEWJanuary 17, 2014
DOOR TO DOOR "SALES" OF HYDRO/GAS PRODUCTS
MANAGEMENT AND CO-WORKERS FRIENDLY
COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT
NO JOB SECURITY
PAYS ON COMMISSION ONLY
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 21, 2014
Just Energy is a natural gas and electricity company, the department I worked in was inbound customer service. I assisted a number of customer on a daily basis with task that varied from setting up services to retaining customers. The hardest part of my job on a daily basis was retaining irate customers; I worked in a team setting where metrics were reviewed weekly. The most enjoyable part of my day was seeing my co-workers as we were a great team. Management overall was questionable as some managers were located in a different country.
extremely stressful
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 18, 2012
ong hours & a stressful job make it difficult to enjoy the work. management was always looking over your shoulder & everyone was very stressed out.
Pros
learnt something different & new
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJuly 23, 2012
The worst company I have EVER worked for!

I have never had any career goal discussion as to where and how I can grow within the company. Managers never discuss the positive things you have done, they only discuss the negative and work against you.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management and work ethics
Gain transferable skills, Great staff that works together as a team
CSR Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Every day I wake up with a purpose. I set aside a few personal goals I want to accomplish once I enter the workplace and I will stop at nothing until I achieve them. I'm a person that loves a challenge and wants to produce good hard work. Just Energy allows me to be part of team where timelines are in place and clear tasks are delegated in order to achieve the ultimate goal. The setting of the callcenter allows me to take my calls with pride. Most importantly I have the pleasure of working with a great group of people, that are are prepared to come in everyday and do what it takes to resolve the customers issue at hand and available for assistance when required. The management team is fantastic at Just Energy. Everyone respects them because they are sensitive towards each individual situation and they make us feel like a family. They lead by example and they are always available for consultation. This is a great environment that has taught me new transferable skills, that will better me in the workplace.
Pros
allows you to take initiative and be accountable for your own work
DO NOT WORK FOR JUST ENERGY
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  MississaugaAugust 7, 2014
This company has an "F" rating on the better business bureau for good reasons. 95% of their customers are being ripped off, their door to door sales man use pressure tactics even against seniors and people on disability. They also go around promising savings which doesn't happen either. Go on their wikipedia page if you dont believe me.

As a customer service rep you deal with a lot of irate customers who dont understand why their bill is so high. Its because just energy has hidden fees. They go around saying customers will pay $90 for gas and ele but their actual bill is $300-$500 after all the costs they dont tell customers about. Who would want to work for such a scam company?

My managers were not helpful, they told me to lie on the phone and promise customers savings. I refuse to scam people and i would never work for a scam company like just energy.

PS - I met both CEO's of just energy, they are crooks who used to work at enron, its no wonder they created just energy.
Pros
office job
Cons
everything
door to door sales
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 30, 2014
Working at Just Energy provided me with the skills I will need for my future careers.
Pros
long walks
A true test of skill,
Independant Contractor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2013
Typical days started around one in the afternoon, after lunch we would start knocking on doors. Now I learned that people don't generally like to be harassed in their homes, but also the right approach and you can make any steaming hot head cool down to conversational level. It's all about attitude, persistence, guile, and a little smooth serenade .
Pros
i am one.
Cons
long hours.
Good enviroment, professional and positive attitude
Operations Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 6, 2014
My day starts with me checking all voicemails as I am responsible for taking inbound calls. Once I have checked them all, I look that the schedule for the rest of the week and optimize it to make full we are at full capacity.

Everyday is challenging with customer related inquiries, service calls and customer complaints. I also pitch when I get inbound calls ans try to get some sales into the system.

I also do retention; so any accounts that aren't closed off, I try to retain and close them off.

I work very closely with my co-workers and make sure I communicate with them and I have quick meeting with my manager and my team member to discuss conversions and make sure that we are working to the full potential.

I love taking up challenges and love to problem solve. I love to interact with people so the hardest part would be the amount of issues that come up everyday and the enjoyable part would be able to succeed in solving them
Pros
postive environement
Productive and fun workplace with some incentives.
Collections/ Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 26, 2012
A typical day @ work was very busy all the time, I was always learning new rates for diferent areas, no problems with management, I never had any problems with my co-workers, the hardest part of the job sometimes some customers were a bit dificult, the most enjoyable part of the job was I made a lot of commission every day.
Pros
i made a lot of commission every day.
Cons
very longhours
Productive day at work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, OnJanuary 28, 2014
A typical day at work would be to arrive 10 minutes early. Log in your computer and phone system. Be ready for the first call at 9 am. Answer the phone being polite and product knowledge. Listen to each customer's concern and address each concern before ending the conversation. Provide product knowledge and thank them for calling Just Energy. Being available to help your co-workers through out the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is to satisfy each customer and have them say Thank you for your assistance.
Pros
retentaining customer, product knowledge
Cons
each call can take over 30 mins
Interesting place that introduced me to sales targets
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 15, 2014
At typical day at work, we the sales representatives go meet potential clients in areas researched for home improvements.

I learned how to sell a product to a client and how to offer professional client services for home home improvements.

In the evenings, we cold called the clients to inquire about their satisfaction levels with our products and services

I loved working with a partner because we complemented each other's sales pitches and skills whenever it was needed
Pros
income depends on personal sales
Cons
little space for improvement

2.8