Just Energy Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with lots of freedom.
Door to door Salesman (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 November 2013
Great place to work for those who like the outdoors. This Job will heighten your social skills or give you some if you lack them. The hardest part of the job is selling a product you know nothing about, so I advise you to do your homework. If you like to meet and greet new people then this is the job for you as you will come across a very wide variety of individuals so have fun and be you.
Pros
Fresh Air and lots of exsercise.
Cons
Long days and short nights, lack of social life outside of work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 January 2014
Just Energy is a natural gas and electricity company, the department I worked in was inbound customer service. I assisted a number of customer on a daily basis with task that varied from setting up services to retaining customers. The hardest part of my job on a daily basis was retaining irate customers; I worked in a team setting where metrics were reviewed weekly. The most enjoyable part of my day was seeing my co-workers as we were a great team. Management overall was questionable as some managers were located in a different country.
Easy going environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 November 2012
A typical day at Just Energy is to put my head set on, log in and take calls. There are always new rules,procedures, information on energy, rates and different situations with customers that keeps me learning on a regular basis. The management at Just Energy is very professional and most Managers are approachable. I have gained many friends of different cultures at Just Energy and enjoy working in that type of environment. The hardest part of my job is reading scripts repeatedly one after the other because it is very repetitive. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers who need further information to understand their program and it`s benefits.
Pros
100% benefits
Cons
working hours
Productive and fun workplace with some incentives.
Collections/ Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 July 2012
A typical day @ work was very busy all the time, I was always learning new rates for diferent areas, no problems with management, I never had any problems with my co-workers, the hardest part of the job sometimes some customers were a bit dificult, the most enjoyable part of the job was I made a lot of commission every day.
Pros
i made a lot of commission every day.
Cons
very longhours
office politics, overworked, underpaid, unethical practices, corrupt managers
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Courtney Park23 May 2014
don't waste your time

- you will deal with 95% angry or dissatisfied customers
- learned during the first 12 months. but at one point, i knew more than my manager
- management is two-faced, unfair and extremely biased.
- 80% of employees get away with mediocrity. the 20% who are brilliant, don't stick around for very long.
- drama never ends here
- online reviews get worse and worse
- BBB rating dropping
- regulatory bodies auditing JE practices for years now
- IC's use shady, unethical & pressure tactics to close sales,
- negative publicity all over the media
- among the most expensive prices in the market
- contact centre roles being gradually outsourced to the U.S, providing less job security for Canadian employees

I could go on all day long.....
great way to make quick money if you're a hard worker.
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2014
This job was simply door-to-door sales, everyday we would meet at the office located in the south side of the city. The teams would have an hour meeting with our crew leaders and then we would be driven to our "area" of the day. We worked until 9. This job allowed me to make enough money to pay for 2 years of college without the help of student loans. The hardest part of the job was the repetitiveness of it and having to deal with the management, they were under a lot of stress because the turn over percentage was quite high. Door to door sales is not for everyone but with the time and effort, anyone can succeed and make as much money as they want. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting awesome customers at the door, that would brighten up my day with their kindness and humour.
A true test of skill,
Independant Contractor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2013
Typical days started around one in the afternoon, after lunch we would start knocking on doors. Now I learned that people don't generally like to be harassed in their homes, but also the right approach and you can make any steaming hot head cool down to conversational level. It's all about attitude, persistence, guile, and a little smooth serenade .
Pros
I am one.
Cons
Long hours.
Great enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 January 2014
• Maintained a high level of customer care satisfaction
• Nominated by management to peer mentor new hires
• Consistently exceed team and individuals quotas in client satisfaction, quality and productivity by 10%
• Awarded “Employee of the Month” for exceptional customer care
• Awarded “Top Customer Service Representative” for two consecutive months
Call centre work
CSR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga13 February 2012
work is reviewed and scored daily as a CSR. Little tolerance for those who do not adapt quickly. Office space is nice at front entrance however call centre is located in back in a factory like setting of an industrial unit.
Pros
benefits, steady employment for those who like csr work, easy access location
Cons
factory like setting, poor lighting for eyes, found air quality poor
Very challenging job
DOOR TO DOOR SALES (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2014
I would work with a team to choose a location in Calgary to door knock. We would drive to the location with a map and work through the area. Door to door salespeople have to deal with a lot of rejection. I learned how to change the flow of a conversation from negative to positive, gained a lot of interpersonal skills, and learned how to manage a team.
Excellent employers
Scheduling co-ordinator / Warranty Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 August 2014
Just Energy has been a great company to be a part of, for the past 2 years I have been able to use a wide range of skills to benefit myself and the company, as well as learn new skills and procedures along the way. Management is great and understanding, and treats employees very well.
Pros
Fair company to work for
Total Review
Contract Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario6 January 2015
I can say that this job was kind of entry level job. There is not any improvement in this position and it is completely the same as self-employee. I needed to handle all of the business by myself and design my strategy and my plans. There wasn’t any clear area as a territory and I was able to work any where as I wanted.
Good pay, awful work.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 January 2015
VERY long work hours, door-to-door sales.

Paid based on performance but incredibly long work hours. In the office at 10:30am - 12:30pm, outside 1:00pm - 9:00pm or later, Mon - Sat. ALL WEATHER plus 1 week business trip with hotel costs taken out of pay.

High turnover rate and very pushy management
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
Long hours, Unreliable product.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 April 2014
This was a door to door sales job, the management was great, my co-workers were great the most enjoyable part of the job was the outdoors. The hardest part of the job was the product we were selling wasn't very beneficial to the customers and I had a guilty feeling selling it.
Pros
Commision based
Cons
Long hours and 7 days someimes.
Decent pay, but work culture could be better
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 July 2015
Good stepping stone for career. Work culture varies depending on the office you are at. The overall management and direction of the company could be better.
Pros
Good people, competitive pay
Cons
work culture, management
Love all sports, art, poetry, music and most importantly family
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Ontario28 February 2014
My days are well structured, meaningful and measureable. Each day begins with an outline with specific goals. It is important to be able to evaluate not success daily but productivity and accomplishments.

A most critical aspect of each and every day is in fact what I've learned and how to it apply it moving forward.

As management it is essential to inspire and motivate co workers to seak and evaluate their own day and continue to grow as a team. It is more important to promote than self promote. Give value to the group without isolation.

The most difficult aspect of any job is dealing with your experience. Remaining humble yet authoritative. People that are williing to learn and accept critiscism will thrive. Personalities must be dealt with in different ways. As difficult as it is to identify this it also becomes the most enjoyable part of working.
Fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2014
The workplace is out there in the public. You do door to door sales and you do not make money in the first year but you collect invaluable experience on how to interact with the public. This is the least paid job I did, but it's where I learned the most.
Pros
virtue of hard work
Cons
Not much money at the beginning
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga23 July 2012
The worst company I have EVER worked for!

I have never had any career goal discussion as to where and how I can grow within the company. Managers never discuss the positive things you have done, they only discuss the negative and work against you.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management and work ethics
Friendly work environment.
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2015
Fast pace work environment, with cooperative colleagues. Flexible work hours with possibility to work from home once a month. There is a place for growth.
A typical day at work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2015
Just Energy is a fast paced environment that keeps one highly engaged. Every day is different, which makes it exciting to work in this environment.

2.8