Just Energy Employee Reviews

A typical day at work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2015
Just Energy is a fast paced environment that keeps one highly engaged. Every day is different, which makes it exciting to work in this environment.
no proper processes put in place , management assistance hardly ever provided
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MISSISSAUGA,ONTARIO4 October 2015
unfriendly atmosphere
i did acquired knowledge how alternate energy suppliers
work .
the company was clearly mismanaged
Pros
reward points and reduced prices on movie tickets i like the interaction with customers on the phone
Cons
regular 8 hr days but preferences was given according to race
Friendly work environment.
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2015
Fast pace work environment, with cooperative colleagues. Flexible work hours with possibility to work from home once a month. There is a place for growth.
Productivity and fun work place with foss ball table
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 August 2015
A typical day at work consist of talking inbound calls assisting customers with bill issues, general inquires, payments, providing knowledge with products, etc,. Each customer is a brand new call which must be provided with excellent customer service experience. Must meet expect targets. From this job learned different programs such as Sigma, ERCOT, and CRM. Daily using MS Office. Learned as also how to manage time within calls while visually auditing, notation, and minimal dead air in calls. There is supportive management team there to assist in every need or find a way to assist in their best potential. The environment in the workplace is friendly, outgoing, and family.
Pros
Vacation provided after 3 month probation completed. Full benefits.
Cons
Stressful, long time sitting taking calls.
productive and fun work place,learn and meets intersting people everyday
Fairview Dr, Scarborough, sales representative (Former Employee) –  toronto,ontario14 July 2015
Just Energy serves more than 1.8 million customers across North America. In more than 17 years, Just Energy has established itself as one of the top natural gas and electricity providers in the U.S. and Canada.Just Energy is committed to offering green energy options to residential and commercial customers alike. its was a great working experience for me.
fun workplace with awesome colleague
B2B Sales contractor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2015
- we are in charge with negotiating customers to buy our products
-It's really great for me to be in a multi culture ream
- It's a commission base job but there is a bunch of bonuses
It is a Challenging place to work.
Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga9 July 2015
It is a productive company selling the best Volume products. A typical day at work is continuous process improvment learning and resolving customer issues from billing to account management to retrofitting products to meet customer needs.
Learning Business Negotiation and business acumen. Find the positive niche in a negative environment.
Learned what's like to be politically correct from Management.
How to be a team player in a self centered environment
To balance stress and enjoy work
When you resolved a customer issue and offered them Peace of Mind and value for their business.
Pros
Free Snacks monthly
Cons
Stressful Job
Decent pay, but work culture could be better
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 July 2015
Good stepping stone for career. Work culture varies depending on the office you are at. The overall management and direction of the company could be better.
Pros
Good people, competitive pay
Cons
work culture, management
Pure sales job
Door to Door sales of energy contracts (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 May 2015
If you want a place that you can dedicate your life to, and get almost nothing out of it its the perfect job. You can make big money, while ignoring everything else of importance in your life, forget family time, time with friends, and pretty much everything else.
Cons
very long hours, and high possibility of making nothing for a few days straight
Entry Level
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2015
This is a great company for entry level SQL programmers. This company is good for people wanting to go to school after work.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Customer focus has been lost.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 April 2015
I am currently working at Just Energy in a dynamic and changing environment. Though I enjoy the challenge of new ideas and continuous learning, I am looking for a position that will allow me to use my recently acquired administrative and computer skills. The opportunities to move to this type of a role at Just Energy are minimal which is very frustrating as an employee. The environment has changed significantly from when I started, changing from a customer service role to a sales role with little focus on the customer. I understand that customer service must result in a mutually beneficial resolution for both the customer and the company, but at this time I feel the customer focus has almost disappeared.Customer focus has been lost. I enjoy the interaction with my co-workers and customers on a daily basis.
Pros
Company support to complete Certificate of Apprenticeship, through the Ontario College of Trades and Apprenticeship, certificate in Information Technology - Contact Centre Customer Service Agent.
Cons
The lack of a collaborative environment between employees and management.
Fun workplace to work in
Vendor Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 March 2015
The hardest part of the job is dealing with close minded people.

The most enjoyable part is to work closely with the Director of CS and understand the core business and how the company economy works.
fun cold
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 January 2015
I liked it Manger was not a nice guy . Lots of bonus but hard to get . I liked dealing with the coustomers
Pros
trips
Total Review
Contract Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario6 January 2015
I can say that this job was kind of entry level job. There is not any improvement in this position and it is completely the same as self-employee. I needed to handle all of the business by myself and design my strategy and my plans. There wasn’t any clear area as a territory and I was able to work any where as I wanted.
Good pay, awful work.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 January 2015
VERY long work hours, door-to-door sales.

Paid based on performance but incredibly long work hours. In the office at 10:30am - 12:30pm, outside 1:00pm - 9:00pm or later, Mon - Sat. ALL WEATHER plus 1 week business trip with hotel costs taken out of pay.

High turnover rate and very pushy management
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
Fair
Team Manager Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga7 December 2014
JOB and the company infrastructure good with facilities but the management is ok as never aware of what is happening.
unappreciated
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 December 2014
long hours with a lot of work, yearly raise of $0.25 with no opportunity of advancement
Great company
Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 November 2014
Working in a team environment selling energy. Door to door sales. Enjoyed working with co-workers and enjoyed management team.
great way to make quick money if you're a hard worker.
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2014
This job was simply door-to-door sales, everyday we would meet at the office located in the south side of the city. The teams would have an hour meeting with our crew leaders and then we would be driven to our "area" of the day. We worked until 9. This job allowed me to make enough money to pay for 2 years of college without the help of student loans. The hardest part of the job was the repetitiveness of it and having to deal with the management, they were under a lot of stress because the turn over percentage was quite high. Door to door sales is not for everyone but with the time and effort, anyone can succeed and make as much money as they want. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting awesome customers at the door, that would brighten up my day with their kindness and humour.
Door to Door sales representative
door to door sales representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON23 October 2014
a typical day involved me introducing myself to all kinds of people right at there front door, I would inform them of the kind of services we offer and by the end I would hopefully have an interested costumer to sing-up.

i learned a lot about sales, and defiantly a lot about self confidence and how to handle all different kinds of situations involving the costumers.

The hardest part of my job was meeting the quota by the end of the week, we had to have a certain amount of customers singed up per week, in order to receive a certain amount of money each week.

My co workers were very respectful, out going group of people and the same goes for the management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8