Just Energy Employee Reviews

Enjoyed the people and management that I worked with. Made long life friends at Just Energy
Bilingual Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 March 2016
I took calls for Electricity and Natural Gas for The U.S East, and Canadian Region. Management at Just Energy changed over the years and all remained on the same page their representative. The hardest thing I would say is dealing with irate customers. I enjoyed when I was able to help customers understand their bills and how to be able to reduce them.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Pay
Great work place
Independant Contractor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 March 2016
Just Energy is a great place to work. My co-workers and Boss are great people and the work environment is very supportive and uplifting. The only issue I had with Just Energy was the hours 1030am to 930pm pretty much 7 days a week.
Pros
Great people, wages, and bonus
Cons
Long hours 7 days a week
Nice place to work in
Independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 January 2016
people are nice, effective management, the day starts early morning and ends at 8 PM. Weather is so cold and we have to stay on the street for most of the time.
Great place to work if you wanted control of how much money you wanted to earn.
COMMERCIAL SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta. Canada11 January 2016
Orientation Training, Cold Calls, Followups, Previous and new customers. Sell and write up contracts same day. Door to Door, Call by phone, and personal face to face appointments. Track and record appointments from an organized list from a reliable directory.

How to defuse and/or adapt to the customer's needs. Body language and build rapport.

Assistant Crew chief. Helped to build up confidence with new recruits. Always had great rapport with my co-workers.

The hardest part of my last job was to show humility to those who were not able to achieve my goals of being number one in the office for top sales.

Building rapport and developing relationships were genuine to me.
Making the sale and maintaining the customer gave me a great feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
Harder you worked the more you received.
Cons
Became a bit of a workaholic. But I managed to pace myself.
Always-changing outdoor job where everyday is a different area with different potential clients and different challengs
sales representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2015
Ever changing workplace with a different area everyday in and around Toronto and also road trips across the province. Great managerial support and great team atmosphere where group success is a collective priority. Life-changing skills are taught such as self-confidence, interpersonal communication, and statistical application.
Pros
Never boring
When I Worked Here, I Was Part of the JE Family
Business Systems Support Specialist/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 November 2015
I'm unsure of the culture that exists today, but working for JE was FUN. Yes, I said fun. There were hard times, just like anywhere else you can work, but JE provided a culture of support and community within the company that I have not experienced working anywhere else. It was a great place to develop as a person, and not just as a professional.
A fun place to work
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 November 2015
If you are outgoing, you love to meet new people and also achieve personal goals, then this is for you. It is a great place to form relationships with your employers and fellow employees.
Pros
Meeting new people
A typical day at work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2015
Just Energy is a fast paced environment that keeps one highly engaged. Every day is different, which makes it exciting to work in this environment.
no proper processes put in place , management assistance hardly ever provided
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MISSISSAUGA,ONTARIO4 October 2015
unfriendly atmosphere
i did acquired knowledge how alternate energy suppliers
work .
the company was clearly mismanaged
Pros
reward points and reduced prices on movie tickets i like the interaction with customers on the phone
Cons
regular 8 hr days but preferences was given according to race
Friendly work environment.
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2015
Fast pace work environment, with cooperative colleagues. Flexible work hours with possibility to work from home once a month. There is a place for growth.
Productivity and fun work place with foss ball table
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 August 2015
A typical day at work consist of talking inbound calls assisting customers with bill issues, general inquires, payments, providing knowledge with products, etc,. Each customer is a brand new call which must be provided with excellent customer service experience. Must meet expect targets. From this job learned different programs such as Sigma, ERCOT, and CRM. Daily using MS Office. Learned as also how to manage time within calls while visually auditing, notation, and minimal dead air in calls. There is supportive management team there to assist in every need or find a way to assist in their best potential. The environment in the workplace is friendly, outgoing, and family.
Pros
Vacation provided after 3 month probation completed. Full benefits.
Cons
Stressful, long time sitting taking calls.
productive and fun work place,learn and meets intersting people everyday
Fairview Dr, Scarborough, sales representative (Former Employee) –  toronto,ontario14 July 2015
Just Energy serves more than 1.8 million customers across North America. In more than 17 years, Just Energy has established itself as one of the top natural gas and electricity providers in the U.S. and Canada.Just Energy is committed to offering green energy options to residential and commercial customers alike. its was a great working experience for me.
fun workplace with awesome colleague
B2B Sales contractor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2015
- we are in charge with negotiating customers to buy our products
-It's really great for me to be in a multi culture ream
- It's a commission base job but there is a bunch of bonuses
It is a Challenging place to work.
Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga9 July 2015
It is a productive company selling the best Volume products. A typical day at work is continuous process improvment learning and resolving customer issues from billing to account management to retrofitting products to meet customer needs.
Learning Business Negotiation and business acumen. Find the positive niche in a negative environment.
Learned what's like to be politically correct from Management.
How to be a team player in a self centered environment
To balance stress and enjoy work
When you resolved a customer issue and offered them Peace of Mind and value for their business.
Pros
Free Snacks monthly
Cons
Stressful Job
Decent pay, but work culture could be better
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 July 2015
Good stepping stone for career. Work culture varies depending on the office you are at. The overall management and direction of the company could be better.
Pros
Good people, competitive pay
Cons
work culture, management
Pure sales job
Door to Door sales of energy contracts (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 May 2015
If you want a place that you can dedicate your life to, and get almost nothing out of it its the perfect job. You can make big money, while ignoring everything else of importance in your life, forget family time, time with friends, and pretty much everything else.
Cons
very long hours, and high possibility of making nothing for a few days straight
Entry Level
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2015
This is a great company for entry level SQL programmers. This company is good for people wanting to go to school after work.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Customer focus has been lost.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 April 2015
I am currently working at Just Energy in a dynamic and changing environment. Though I enjoy the challenge of new ideas and continuous learning, I am looking for a position that will allow me to use my recently acquired administrative and computer skills. The opportunities to move to this type of a role at Just Energy are minimal which is very frustrating as an employee. The environment has changed significantly from when I started, changing from a customer service role to a sales role with little focus on the customer. I understand that customer service must result in a mutually beneficial resolution for both the customer and the company, but at this time I feel the customer focus has almost disappeared.Customer focus has been lost. I enjoy the interaction with my co-workers and customers on a daily basis.
Pros
Company support to complete Certificate of Apprenticeship, through the Ontario College of Trades and Apprenticeship, certificate in Information Technology - Contact Centre Customer Service Agent.
Cons
The lack of a collaborative environment between employees and management.
Fun workplace to work in
Vendor Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 March 2015
The hardest part of the job is dealing with close minded people.

The most enjoyable part is to work closely with the Director of CS and understand the core business and how the company economy works.
fun cold
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON7 January 2015
I liked it Manger was not a nice guy . Lots of bonus but hard to get . I liked dealing with the coustomers
Pros
trips
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8