Just Energy Employee Reviews

office politics, overworked, underpaid, unethical practices, corrupt managers
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Courtney Park23 May 2014
don't waste your time

- you will deal with 95% angry or dissatisfied customers
- learned during the first 12 months. but at one point, i knew more than my manager
- management is two-faced, unfair and extremely biased.
- 80% of employees get away with mediocrity. the 20% who are brilliant, don't stick around for very long.
- drama never ends here
- online reviews get worse and worse
- BBB rating dropping
- regulatory bodies auditing JE practices for years now
- IC's use shady, unethical & pressure tactics to close sales,
- negative publicity all over the media
- among the most expensive prices in the market
- contact centre roles being gradually outsourced to the U.S, providing less job security for Canadian employees

I could go on all day long.....
Most of the people are friendly and helpful and their outings are enjoyable.
Registration Agent (Current Employee) –  245 Fairview Mall Drive, North York11 September 2012
I would door knock businesses and speak to them about their hydro and gas consumption. The objective was to move a business from Residential Billing to Business Billing inorder to gain more market share and offer a lower price. I learned a great deal about how hydro is charged, monitored, what to look for and how to switch clients over. Also learned how nasty people can be and that it is a very tough market and lot of people just want to complain.
The management were always very helpful, cooperative and encouraging and the co-workers were the same, for the most part.
The hardest part was the rejection and constant chasing clients down, not literally, and finding an area that hasn't been saturated. I enjoyed meeting people everyday and working along side with some wonderful people.
Pros
the commissions were abundant if you found the clientele.
Cons
long hours, no pay or incentive other than strictly commission pay.
When I Worked Here, I Was Part of the JE Family
Business Systems Support Specialist/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 November 2015
I'm unsure of the culture that exists today, but working for JE was FUN. Yes, I said fun. There were hard times, just like anywhere else you can work, but JE provided a culture of support and community within the company that I have not experienced working anywhere else. It was a great place to develop as a person, and not just as a professional.
Great place to work if you wanted control of how much money you wanted to earn.
COMMERCIAL SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta. Canada11 January 2016
Orientation Training, Cold Calls, Followups, Previous and new customers. Sell and write up contracts same day. Door to Door, Call by phone, and personal face to face appointments. Track and record appointments from an organized list from a reliable directory.

How to defuse and/or adapt to the customer's needs. Body language and build rapport.

Assistant Crew chief. Helped to build up confidence with new recruits. Always had great rapport with my co-workers.

The hardest part of my last job was to show humility to those who were not able to achieve my goals of being number one in the office for top sales.

Building rapport and developing relationships were genuine to me.
Making the sale and maintaining the customer gave me a great feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
Harder you worked the more you received.
Cons
Became a bit of a workaholic. But I managed to pace myself.
Excellent Culture
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 April 2016
I had the opportunity to work with the Learning and development department of Just Energy. I must say it is an excellent team to work with. Very supportive team mates and excellent leadership
Pros
Leadership
Cons
There is a scope of using technology to the advantage
Nice place to work in
Independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 January 2016
people are nice, effective management, the day starts early morning and ends at 8 PM. Weather is so cold and we have to stay on the street for most of the time.
Great people to work with, but the job just sucks.
Gas marketer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg,MB8 December 2013
My boss and co-worker's were awesome, but the job is solely commission, with some days getting you 0-70$ based on 8-10 hours of work.

Cons:
- Door to door rejection.
- Weather
- No wage payed except for commission
- Long hours
- Not worth it
- Selling people a fixed rate that could lose them money

Pros
- Boss and co-workers were awesome
- Just energy Nation points for each sale
- Won't get fired if you show up most of the time
Pros
People are great.
Cons
Hours, weather, pay.
Underpaid and high tunrover rate
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 April 2016
.-They provide Free Lunches
-The Co-Workers are great always willing to help
-Too many tasks and not enough time
-Managers need to stop micro managing!
-Work hours are 9 to 5 but you are there till 6
THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLYYYY
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga courtney park19 January 2014
THE GOOD - Good place to start a career in a call center environment, room for advancement and you can make good friends and have with your small group of buddies.
THE BAD - Salary is very inconsistent, you start with a minimum pay and you do the same as someone that makes 5 dollars an hour more. Bonus and incentives are no good! only management gets the benefits of it and they don't do anything. Management team are just customer service reps from last week, no experience what so ever. The benefits are good, however because of that reason workers have to deal with a lot of non sense and be part of a factory system JE has without realizing that almost 90 percent of other companies also have 100% benefits...too sad.....there is much more but ill just jump to the ugly.
THE UGLY. If you get stock in the same role for more than 2 years, that just simply means that you suck, and you will get tire of JE repetitive FACTORY like environment which like many factories make you a robot. MANAGEMENT SUCKS, 5 % of upper management knows who you really are, the rest is sucking up to their bosses and here it comes...POLITICS, JE has more politics than the US ELECTONS......Anybody that has worked a JE knows that and because of the benefits they cannot leave...

FINAL POINT...get a bit of money, take advantage of the benefits, learn how corporate call centers are run, learn how to deal with customers...and get out of JE...
Pros
call center experience
Cons
Management, benefits, politics, training, management, upper management, hr, management, upper management
B2B financial selling.
Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ON10 July 2014
Factoring businesses or financing business via Accounts receivables.
Call and set appointments with business owners to help finance their business.

Small organization with high profits.
Great coworkers closely knit environment.

Hardest part of the job was to deal with cx who didn't get approved for financing.

Enjoyable part was going to work everyday.
Pros
Small organization, easy to communicate with higher management.
Cons
Small organization no room for advancement.
It is a Challenging place to work.
Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga9 July 2015
It is a productive company selling the best Volume products. A typical day at work is continuous process improvment learning and resolving customer issues from billing to account management to retrofitting products to meet customer needs.
Learning Business Negotiation and business acumen. Find the positive niche in a negative environment.
Learned what's like to be politically correct from Management.
How to be a team player in a self centered environment
To balance stress and enjoy work
When you resolved a customer issue and offered them Peace of Mind and value for their business.
Pros
Free Snacks monthly
Cons
Stressful Job
A fun place to work
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 November 2015
If you are outgoing, you love to meet new people and also achieve personal goals, then this is for you. It is a great place to form relationships with your employers and fellow employees.
Pros
Meeting new people
Helping and positive environment
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 April 2016
Good Place to work for. you learn a lot and people are really enthusiastic and helpful. good place to start up and a great experience
good environment
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2016
- friendly co-workers
- passionate environment
- fast pace
- large projects
- company events
- nice managers

I would recommend people to work here.
Pros
working from home
Cons
workload
EXCELLENT FOR INDEPENDENT WORKERS
SALES (Former Employee) –  FAIRVIEW17 January 2014
DOOR TO DOOR "SALES" OF HYDRO/GAS PRODUCTS
MANAGEMENT AND CO-WORKERS FRIENDLY
COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT
NO JOB SECURITY
PAYS ON COMMISSION ONLY
Interesting place to work
Customer Relations and Compliance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2013
Interesting place to work, lots to learn, an exciting industry with a diverse culture.
Pros
Compensation and growth opportunities.
Cons
Mobility restrained due to timing.
unappreciated
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 December 2014
long hours with a lot of work, yearly raise of $0.25 with no opportunity of advancement
great way to make quick money if you're a hard worker.
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2014
This job was simply door-to-door sales, everyday we would meet at the office located in the south side of the city. The teams would have an hour meeting with our crew leaders and then we would be driven to our "area" of the day. We worked until 9. This job allowed me to make enough money to pay for 2 years of college without the help of student loans. The hardest part of the job was the repetitiveness of it and having to deal with the management, they were under a lot of stress because the turn over percentage was quite high. Door to door sales is not for everyone but with the time and effort, anyone can succeed and make as much money as they want. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting awesome customers at the door, that would brighten up my day with their kindness and humour.
Long hours, Unreliable product.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 April 2014
This was a door to door sales job, the management was great, my co-workers were great the most enjoyable part of the job was the outdoors. The hardest part of the job was the product we were selling wasn't very beneficial to the customers and I had a guilty feeling selling it.
Pros
Commision based
Cons
Long hours and 7 days someimes.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga23 July 2012
The worst company I have EVER worked for!

I have never had any career goal discussion as to where and how I can grow within the company. Managers never discuss the positive things you have done, they only discuss the negative and work against you.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management and work ethics

2.8