Just Energy Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productivity and fun work place with foss ball table
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Vacation provided after 3 month probation completed. Full benefits.
Cons: Stressful, long time sitting taking calls.
A typical day at work consist of talking inbound calls assisting customers with bill issues, general inquires, payments, providing knowledge with products, etc,. Each customer is a brand new call which must be provided with excellent customer service experience. Must meet expect targets. From this job learned different programs such as Sigma, ERCOT, and CRM. Daily using MS Office. Learned as also how to manage time within calls while visually auditing, notation, and minimal dead air in calls. There is supportive management team there to assist in every need or find a way to assist in their best potential. The environment in the workplace is friendly, outgoing, and family.
Enjoyed the people and management that I worked with. Made long life friends at Just Energy
Bilingual Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 3, 2016
Pros: Co-Workers
Cons: Pay
I took calls for Electricity and Natural Gas for The U.S East, and Canadian Region. Management at Just Energy changed over the years and all remained on the same page their representative. The hardest thing I would say is dealing with irate customers. I enjoyed when I was able to help customers understand their bills and how to be able to reduce them.
Always-changing outdoor job where everyday is a different area with different potential clients and different challengs
sales representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Never boring
Cons: Long hours
Ever changing workplace with a different area everyday in and around Toronto and also road trips across the province. Great managerial support and great team atmosphere where group success is a collective priority. Life-changing skills are taught such as self-confidence, interpersonal communication, and statistical application.
Great work place
Independant Contractor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2016
Pros: Great people, wages, and bonus
Cons: Long hours 7 days a week
Just Energy is a great place to work. My co-workers and Boss are great people and the work environment is very supportive and uplifting. The only issue I had with Just Energy was the hours 1030am to 930pm pretty much 7 days a week.
When I Worked Here, I Was Part of the JE Family
Business Systems Support Specialist/Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 19, 2015
I'm unsure of the culture that exists today, but working for JE was FUN. Yes, I said fun. There were hard times, just like anywhere else you can work, but JE provided a culture of support and community within the company that I have not experienced working anywhere else. It was a great place to develop as a person, and not just as a professional.
Decent pay, but work culture could be better
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Good people, competitive pay
Cons: work culture, management
Good stepping stone for career. Work culture varies depending on the office you are at. The overall management and direction of the company could be better.
Great place to work if you wanted control of how much money you wanted to earn.
COMMERCIAL SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Calgary, Alberta. CanadaJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Harder you worked the more you received.
Cons: Became a bit of a workaholic. But I managed to pace myself.
Orientation Training, Cold Calls, Followups, Previous and new customers. Sell and write up contracts same day. Door to Door, Call by phone, and personal face to face appointments. Track and record appointments from an organized list from a reliable directory.

How to defuse and/or adapt to the customer's needs. Body language and build rapport.

Assistant Crew chief. Helped to build up confidence with new recruits. Always had great rapport with my co-workers.

The hardest part of my last job was to show humility to those who were not able to achieve my goals of being number one in the office for top sales.

Building rapport and developing relationships were genuine to me.
Making the sale and maintaining the customer gave me a great feeling of accomplishment.
Nice place to work in
Independent contractor (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 11, 2016
people are nice, effective management, the day starts early morning and ends at 8 PM. Weather is so cold and we have to stay on the street for most of the time.
A fun place to work
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 3, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Long hours
If you are outgoing, you love to meet new people and also achieve personal goals, then this is for you. It is a great place to form relationships with your employers and fellow employees.
Enthusiastic workplace with a table soccer game.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 27, 2016
Pros: Alot of time to get the job right.
Cons: Alot of walking.
A typical day would begin with a meeting then an encouraging speech and cheer. I learned some very crucial customer service skills . My co-workers were very well spoken individuals.
The hardest part was trying to sell the contracts to the communities who might've needed them while the most enjoyable part of the job was the entertaining car rides.
It is a Challenging place to work.
Energy Consultant (Current Employee), MississaugaJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Free Snacks monthly
Cons: Stressful Job
It is a productive company selling the best Volume products. A typical day at work is continuous process improvment learning and resolving customer issues from billing to account management to retrofitting products to meet customer needs.
Learning Business Negotiation and business acumen. Find the positive niche in a negative environment.
Learned what's like to be politically correct from Management.
How to be a team player in a self centered environment
To balance stress and enjoy work
When you resolved a customer issue and offered them Peace of Mind and value for their business.
Excellent Culture
Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 5, 2016
Pros: Leadership
Cons: There is a scope of using technology to the advantage
I had the opportunity to work with the Learning and development department of Just Energy. I must say it is an excellent team to work with. Very supportive team mates and excellent leadership
Underpaid and high tunrover rate
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 12, 2016
.-They provide Free Lunches
-The Co-Workers are great always willing to help
-Too many tasks and not enough time
-Managers need to stop micro managing!
-Work hours are 9 to 5 but you are there till 6
good environment
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
Pros: working from home
Cons: workload
- friendly co-workers
- passionate environment
- fast pace
- large projects
- company events
- nice managers

I would recommend people to work here.
Helping and positive environment
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 1, 2016
Good Place to work for. you learn a lot and people are really enthusiastic and helpful. good place to start up and a great experience
It was door-toor
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: outdoors
Cons: long hours
It was the worst job ever, it was door to door sales and commission based, if you don't sell anything you don't make anything. it was also very unprofessional.
no proper processes put in place , management assistance hardly ever provided
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), MISSISSAUGA,ONTARIOOctober 4, 2015
Pros: reward points and reduced prices on movie tickets i like the interaction with customers on the phone
Cons: regular 8 hr days but preferences was given according to race
unfriendly atmosphere
i did acquired knowledge how alternate energy suppliers
work .
the company was clearly mismanaged
Easy going environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 12, 2012
Pros: 100% benefits
Cons: working hours
A typical day at Just Energy is to put my head set on, log in and take calls. There are always new rules,procedures, information on energy, rates and different situations with customers that keeps me learning on a regular basis. The management at Just Energy is very professional and most Managers are approachable. I have gained many friends of different cultures at Just Energy and enjoy working in that type of environment. The hardest part of my job is reading scripts repeatedly one after the other because it is very repetitive. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers who need further information to understand their program and it`s benefits.
fun workplace with awesome colleague
B2B Sales contractor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2015
- we are in charge with negotiating customers to buy our products
-It's really great for me to be in a multi culture ream
- It's a commission base job but there is a bunch of bonuses
Customer focus has been lost.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: Company support to complete Certificate of Apprenticeship, through the Ontario College of Trades and Apprenticeship, certificate in Information Technology - Contact Centre Customer Service Agent.
Cons: The lack of a collaborative environment between employees and management.
I am currently working at Just Energy in a dynamic and changing environment. Though I enjoy the challenge of new ideas and continuous learning, I am looking for a position that will allow me to use my recently acquired administrative and computer skills. The opportunities to move to this type of a role at Just Energy are minimal which is very frustrating as an employee. The environment has changed significantly from when I started, changing from a customer service role to a sales role with little focus on the customer. I understand that customer service must result in a mutually beneficial resolution for both the customer and the company, but at this time I feel the customer focus has almost disappeared.Customer focus has been lost. I enjoy the interaction with my co-workers and customers on a daily basis.