Just Energy

Just Energy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fair
Team Manager Sales (Former Employee), MississaugaDecember 7, 2014
JOB and the company infrastructure good with facilities but the management is ok as never aware of what is happening.
unappreciated
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 2, 2014
long hours with a lot of work, yearly raise of $0.25 with no opportunity of advancement
Great company
Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 24, 2014
Working in a team environment selling energy. Door to door sales. Enjoyed working with co-workers and enjoyed management team.
great way to make quick money if you're a hard worker.
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 9, 2014
This job was simply door-to-door sales, everyday we would meet at the office located in the south side of the city. The teams would have an hour meeting with our crew leaders and then we would be driven to our "area" of the day. We worked until 9. This job allowed me to make enough money to pay for 2 years of college without the help of student loans. – more... The hardest part of the job was the repetitiveness of it and having to deal with the management, they were under a lot of stress because the turn over percentage was quite high. Door to door sales is not for everyone but with the time and effort, anyone can succeed and make as much money as they want. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting awesome customers at the door, that would brighten up my day with their kindness and humour. – less
Door to Door sales representative
door to door sales representative (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONOctober 23, 2014
a typical day involved me introducing myself to all kinds of people right at there front door, I would inform them of the kind of services we offer and by the end I would hopefully have an interested costumer to sing-up.

i learned a lot about sales, and defiantly a lot about self confidence and how to handle all different kinds of situations involving – more... the costumers.

The hardest part of my job was meeting the quota by the end of the week, we had to have a certain amount of customers singed up per week, in order to receive a certain amount of money each week.

My co workers were very respectful, out going group of people and the same goes for the management. – less
Door to door sales job with potential
Saleman (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: tons of incentives, friendly work environment
Cons: long hours, 100% commision, door to door sales
The job is 100% commission and consists of knocking on doors trying to make people combine their electricity/gas bills. There is potential to make a killing in this job if you can sell but to me I found it very discouraging having 100 people say no and most of the time be quite rude. Also I do not want to be knocking on doors when it's -40 outside.
Excellent employers
Scheduling co-ordinator / Warranty Manager (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 14, 2014
Pros: fair company to work for
Just Energy has been a great company to be a part of, for the past 2 years I have been able to use a wide range of skills to benefit myself and the company, as well as learn new skills and procedures along the way. Management is great and understanding, and treats employees very well.
DO NOT WORK FOR JUST ENERGY
customer service representative (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 7, 2014
Pros: office job
Cons: everything
This company has an "F" rating on the better business bureau for good reasons. 95% of their customers are being ripped off, their door to door sales man use pressure tactics even against seniors and people on disability. They also go around promising savings which doesn't happen either. Go on their wikipedia page if you dont believe me.

As a customer – more... service rep you deal with a lot of irate customers who dont understand why their bill is so high. Its because just energy has hidden fees. They go around saying customers will pay $90 for gas and ele but their actual bill is $300-$500 after all the costs they dont tell customers about. Who would want to work for such a scam company?

My managers were not helpful, they told me to lie on the phone and promise customers savings. I refuse to scam people and i would never work for a scam company like just energy.

PS - I met both CEO's of just energy, they are crooks who used to work at enron, its no wonder they created just energy. – less
B2B financial selling.
Manager (Former Employee), North York, ONJuly 10, 2014
Pros: small organization, easy to communicate with higher management.
Cons: small organization no room for advancement.
Factoring businesses or financing business via Accounts receivables.
Call and set appointments with business owners to help finance their business.

Small organization with high profits.
Great coworkers closely knit environment.

Hardest part of the job was to deal with cx who didn't get approved for financing.

Enjoyable part was going to work everyday.
Good enviroment, professional and positive attitude
Operations Team Lead (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 6, 2014
Pros: postive environement
My day starts with me checking all voicemails as I am responsible for taking inbound calls. Once I have checked them all, I look that the schedule for the rest of the week and optimize it to make full we are at full capacity.

Everyday is challenging with customer related inquiries, service calls and customer complaints. I also pitch when I get inbound – more... calls ans try to get some sales into the system.

I also do retention; so any accounts that aren't closed off, I try to retain and close them off.

I work very closely with my co-workers and make sure I communicate with them and I have quick meeting with my manager and my team member to discuss conversions and make sure that we are working to the full potential.

I love taking up challenges and love to problem solve. I love to interact with people so the hardest part would be the amount of issues that come up everyday and the enjoyable part would be able to succeed in solving them – less
office politics, overworked, underpaid, unethical practices, corrupt managers
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Courtney ParkMay 23, 2014
don't waste your time

- you will deal with 95% angry or dissatisfied customers
- learned during the first 12 months. but at one point, i knew more than my manager
- management is two-faced, unfair and extremely biased.
- 80% of employees get away with mediocrity. the 20% who are brilliant, don't stick around for very long.
- drama never ends here
- – more... online reviews get worse and worse
- BBB rating dropping
- regulatory bodies auditing JE practices for years now
- IC's use shady, unethical & pressure tactics to close sales,
- negative publicity all over the media
- among the most expensive prices in the market
- contact centre roles being gradually outsourced to the U.S, providing less job security for Canadian employees

I could go on all day long..... – less
door to door sales
Contractor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 30, 2014
Pros: long walks
Cons: long hours
Working at Just Energy provided me with the skills I will need for my future careers.
Gooing door to door to sell Energy
Energy Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 25, 2014
Pros: learning about the different ways of energy in toronto
Cons: door to door canvasing
Did not stay long enough to establish this job.
really did not get any support on how to manage this job.
Fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 23, 2014
Pros: virtue of hard work
Cons: not much money at the beginning
The workplace is out there in the public. You do door to door sales and you do not make money in the first year but you collect invaluable experience on how to interact with the public. This is the least paid job I did, but it's where I learned the most.
Long hours, Unreliable product.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 20, 2014
Pros: commision based
Cons: long hours and 7 days someimes.
This was a door to door sales job, the management was great, my co-workers were great the most enjoyable part of the job was the outdoors. The hardest part of the job was the product we were selling wasn't very beneficial to the customers and I had a guilty feeling selling it.
Interesting place that introduced me to sales targets
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 15, 2014
Pros: income depends on personal sales
Cons: little space for improvement
At typical day at work, we the sales representatives go meet potential clients in areas researched for home improvements.

I learned how to sell a product to a client and how to offer professional client services for home home improvements.

In the evenings, we cold called the clients to inquire about their satisfaction levels with our products and – more... services

I loved working with a partner because we complemented each other's sales pitches and skills whenever it was needed – less
Love all sports, art, poetry, music and most importantly family
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), OntarioFebruary 28, 2014
My days are well structured, meaningful and measureable. Each day begins with an outline with specific goals. It is important to be able to evaluate not success daily but productivity and accomplishments.

A most critical aspect of each and every day is in fact what I've learned and how to it apply it moving forward.

As management it is essential to – more... inspire and motivate co workers to seak and evaluate their own day and continue to grow as a team. It is more important to promote than self promote. Give value to the group without isolation.

The most difficult aspect of any job is dealing with your experience. Remaining humble yet authoritative. People that are williing to learn and accept critiscism will thrive. Personalities must be dealt with in different ways. As difficult as it is to identify this it also becomes the most enjoyable part of working. – less
Very challenging job
DOOR TO DOOR SALES (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2014
I would work with a team to choose a location in Calgary to door knock. We would drive to the location with a map and work through the area. Door to door salespeople have to deal with a lot of rejection. I learned how to change the flow of a conversation from negative to positive, gained a lot of interpersonal skills, and learned how to manage a team.
Top Corporate Reception / Customer Service
Corporate Receptionist (Facilities) (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 11, 2014
I work in a fast paced corporate enviroment.
I am responsible in maintaining top Customer Service.
Productive day at work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, OnJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: retentaining customer, product knowledge
Cons: each call can take over 30 mins
A typical day at work would be to arrive 10 minutes early. Log in your computer and phone system. Be ready for the first call at 9 am. Answer the phone being polite and product knowledge. Listen to each customer's concern and address each concern before ending the conversation. Provide product knowledge and thank them for calling Just Energy. Being – more... available to help your co-workers through out the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is to satisfy each customer and have them say Thank you for your assistance. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Just Energy

Just Energy seeks a more just outcome for its customers, when it comes to energy prices. The natural gas and electricity marketer – Read more