Just Energy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLYYYY
Customer service rep (Former Employee), Mississauga courtney parkJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: call center experience
Cons: management, benefits, politics, training, upper management, hr
THE GOOD - Good place to start a career in a call center environment, room for advancement and you can make good friends and have with your small group of buddies.
THE BAD - Salary is very inconsistent, you start with a minimum pay and you do the same as someone that makes 5 dollars an hour more. Bonus and incentives are no good! only management gets the benefits of it and they don't do anything. Management team are just customer service reps from last week, no experience what so ever. The benefits are good, however because of that reason workers have to deal with a lot of non sense and be part of a factory system JE has without realizing that almost 90 percent of other companies also have 100% benefits...too sad.....there is much more but ill just jump to the ugly.
THE UGLY. If you get stock in the same role for more than 2 years, that just simply means that you suck, and you will get tire of JE repetitive FACTORY like environment which like many factories make you a robot. MANAGEMENT SUCKS, 5 % of upper management knows who you really are, the rest is sucking up to their bosses and here it comes...POLITICS, JE has more politics than the US ELECTONS......Anybody that has worked a JE knows that and because of the benefits they cannot leave...

FINAL POINT...get a bit of money, take advantage of the benefits, learn how corporate call centers are run, learn how to deal with customers...and get out of JE...
Professional Enviroment with Flexibility
Lead Agent for HVAC (Current Employee), torontoJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: commission
I am described as a hard working person driven to assist customers professionally and respectfully. My experience at Just Energy and with my manager, Shail Silver supports my application for this position. While working there I developed the ability to proactively listen, identify issues, and provide workable solutions to customers and book appointments with them to make them knowledgeable about the rebates and gas consumption in their house. Though my work hours were part time but I could book as many appointments as other colleagues working full time. And could sell as many furnaces and air conditioners as they could. I won appreciation and motivation since the day I joined and could train new employees for the same position.
Combining that work experience with my ability to communicate and multitask, I believe that I can bring to a team of professionals a great understanding of customer experiences, identifying and discussing customer needs, and to which team member to best escalate any issues appropriately. My experience with Just Energy customers required that I become knowledgeable in transactional needs of personal customers complying with company policies and procedures.
Customer focus has been lost.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: Company support to complete Certificate of Apprenticeship, through the Ontario College of Trades and Apprenticeship, certificate in Information Technology - Contact Centre Customer Service Agent.
Cons: The lack of a collaborative environment between employees and management.
I am currently working at Just Energy in a dynamic and changing environment. Though I enjoy the challenge of new ideas and continuous learning, I am looking for a position that will allow me to use my recently acquired administrative and computer skills. The opportunities to move to this type of a role at Just Energy are minimal which is very frustrating as an employee. The environment has changed significantly from when I started, changing from a customer service role to a sales role with little focus on the customer. I understand that customer service must result in a mutually beneficial resolution for both the customer and the company, but at this time I feel the customer focus has almost disappeared.Customer focus has been lost. I enjoy the interaction with my co-workers and customers on a daily basis.
Gain transferable skills, Great staff that works together as a team
CSR Agent (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: allows you to take initiative and be accountable for your own work
Every day I wake up with a purpose. I set aside a few personal goals I want to accomplish once I enter the workplace and I will stop at nothing until I achieve them. I'm a person that loves a challenge and wants to produce good hard work. Just Energy allows me to be part of team where timelines are in place and clear tasks are delegated in order to achieve the ultimate goal. The setting of the callcenter allows me to take my calls with pride. Most importantly I have the pleasure of working with a great group of people, that are are prepared to come in everyday and do what it takes to resolve the customers issue at hand and available for assistance when required. The management team is fantastic at Just Energy. Everyone respects them because they are sensitive towards each individual situation and they make us feel like a family. They lead by example and they are always available for consultation. This is a great environment that has taught me new transferable skills, that will better me in the workplace.
DO NOT WORK FOR JUST ENERGY
customer service representative (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 7, 2014
Pros: office job
Cons: everything
This company has an "F" rating on the better business bureau for good reasons. 95% of their customers are being ripped off, their door to door sales man use pressure tactics even against seniors and people on disability. They also go around promising savings which doesn't happen either. Go on their wikipedia page if you dont believe me.

As a customer service rep you deal with a lot of irate customers who dont understand why their bill is so high. Its because just energy has hidden fees. They go around saying customers will pay $90 for gas and ele but their actual bill is $300-$500 after all the costs they dont tell customers about. Who would want to work for such a scam company?

My managers were not helpful, they told me to lie on the phone and promise customers savings. I refuse to scam people and i would never work for a scam company like just energy.

PS - I met both CEO's of just energy, they are crooks who used to work at enron, its no wonder they created just energy.
Good enviroment, professional and positive attitude
Operations Team Lead (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 6, 2014
Pros: postive environement
My day starts with me checking all voicemails as I am responsible for taking inbound calls. Once I have checked them all, I look that the schedule for the rest of the week and optimize it to make full we are at full capacity.

Everyday is challenging with customer related inquiries, service calls and customer complaints. I also pitch when I get inbound calls ans try to get some sales into the system.

I also do retention; so any accounts that aren't closed off, I try to retain and close them off.

I work very closely with my co-workers and make sure I communicate with them and I have quick meeting with my manager and my team member to discuss conversions and make sure that we are working to the full potential.

I love taking up challenges and love to problem solve. I love to interact with people so the hardest part would be the amount of issues that come up everyday and the enjoyable part would be able to succeed in solving them
Most of the people are friendly and helpful and their outings are enjoyable.
Registration Agent (Current Employee), 245 Fairview Mall Drive, North YorkSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: the commissions were abundant if you found the clientele.
Cons: long hours, no pay or incentive other than strictly commission pay.
I would door knock businesses and speak to them about their hydro and gas consumption. The objective was to move a business from Residential Billing to Business Billing inorder to gain more market share and offer a lower price. I learned a great deal about how hydro is charged, monitored, what to look for and how to switch clients over. Also learned how nasty people can be and that it is a very tough market and lot of people just want to complain.
The management were always very helpful, cooperative and encouraging and the co-workers were the same, for the most part.
The hardest part was the rejection and constant chasing clients down, not literally, and finding an area that hasn't been saturated. I enjoyed meeting people everyday and working along side with some wonderful people.
Great place to work if you wanted control of how much money you wanted to earn.
COMMERCIAL SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Calgary, Alberta. CanadaJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Harder you worked the more you received.
Cons: Became a bit of a workaholic. But I managed to pace myself.
Orientation Training, Cold Calls, Followups, Previous and new customers. Sell and write up contracts same day. Door to Door, Call by phone, and personal face to face appointments. Track and record appointments from an organized list from a reliable directory.

How to defuse and/or adapt to the customer's needs. Body language and build rapport.

Assistant Crew chief. Helped to build up confidence with new recruits. Always had great rapport with my co-workers.

The hardest part of my last job was to show humility to those who were not able to achieve my goals of being number one in the office for top sales.

Building rapport and developing relationships were genuine to me.
Making the sale and maintaining the customer gave me a great feeling of accomplishment.
Love all sports, art, poetry, music and most importantly family
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), OntarioFebruary 28, 2014
My days are well structured, meaningful and measureable. Each day begins with an outline with specific goals. It is important to be able to evaluate not success daily but productivity and accomplishments.

A most critical aspect of each and every day is in fact what I've learned and how to it apply it moving forward.

As management it is essential to inspire and motivate co workers to seak and evaluate their own day and continue to grow as a team. It is more important to promote than self promote. Give value to the group without isolation.

The most difficult aspect of any job is dealing with your experience. Remaining humble yet authoritative. People that are williing to learn and accept critiscism will thrive. Personalities must be dealt with in different ways. As difficult as it is to identify this it also becomes the most enjoyable part of working.
Productivity and fun work place with foss ball table
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Vacation provided after 3 month probation completed. Full benefits.
Cons: Stressful, long time sitting taking calls.
A typical day at work consist of talking inbound calls assisting customers with bill issues, general inquires, payments, providing knowledge with products, etc,. Each customer is a brand new call which must be provided with excellent customer service experience. Must meet expect targets. From this job learned different programs such as Sigma, ERCOT, and CRM. Daily using MS Office. Learned as also how to manage time within calls while visually auditing, notation, and minimal dead air in calls. There is supportive management team there to assist in every need or find a way to assist in their best potential. The environment in the workplace is friendly, outgoing, and family.
great way to make quick money if you're a hard worker.
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 9, 2014
This job was simply door-to-door sales, everyday we would meet at the office located in the south side of the city. The teams would have an hour meeting with our crew leaders and then we would be driven to our "area" of the day. We worked until 9. This job allowed me to make enough money to pay for 2 years of college without the help of student loans. The hardest part of the job was the repetitiveness of it and having to deal with the management, they were under a lot of stress because the turn over percentage was quite high. Door to door sales is not for everyone but with the time and effort, anyone can succeed and make as much money as they want. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting awesome customers at the door, that would brighten up my day with their kindness and humour.
office politics, overworked, underpaid, unethical practices, corrupt managers
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Courtney ParkMay 23, 2014
don't waste your time

- you will deal with 95% angry or dissatisfied customers
- learned during the first 12 months. but at one point, i knew more than my manager
- management is two-faced, unfair and extremely biased.
- 80% of employees get away with mediocrity. the 20% who are brilliant, don't stick around for very long.
- drama never ends here
- online reviews get worse and worse
- BBB rating dropping
- regulatory bodies auditing JE practices for years now
- IC's use shady, unethical & pressure tactics to close sales,
- negative publicity all over the media
- among the most expensive prices in the market
- contact centre roles being gradually outsourced to the U.S, providing less job security for Canadian employees

I could go on all day long.....
Easy going environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 12, 2012
Pros: 100% benefits
Cons: working hours
A typical day at Just Energy is to put my head set on, log in and take calls. There are always new rules,procedures, information on energy, rates and different situations with customers that keeps me learning on a regular basis. The management at Just Energy is very professional and most Managers are approachable. I have gained many friends of different cultures at Just Energy and enjoy working in that type of environment. The hardest part of my job is reading scripts repeatedly one after the other because it is very repetitive. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers who need further information to understand their program and it`s benefits.
Door to Door sales representative
door to door sales representative (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONOctober 23, 2014
a typical day involved me introducing myself to all kinds of people right at there front door, I would inform them of the kind of services we offer and by the end I would hopefully have an interested costumer to sing-up.

i learned a lot about sales, and defiantly a lot about self confidence and how to handle all different kinds of situations involving the costumers.

The hardest part of my job was meeting the quota by the end of the week, we had to have a certain amount of customers singed up per week, in order to receive a certain amount of money each week.

My co workers were very respectful, out going group of people and the same goes for the management.
It is a Challenging place to work.
Energy Consultant (Current Employee), MississaugaJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Free Snacks monthly
Cons: Stressful Job
It is a productive company selling the best Volume products. A typical day at work is continuous process improvment learning and resolving customer issues from billing to account management to retrofitting products to meet customer needs.
Learning Business Negotiation and business acumen. Find the positive niche in a negative environment.
Learned what's like to be politically correct from Management.
How to be a team player in a self centered environment
To balance stress and enjoy work
When you resolved a customer issue and offered them Peace of Mind and value for their business.
Productive day at work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, OnJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: retentaining customer, product knowledge
Cons: each call can take over 30 mins
A typical day at work would be to arrive 10 minutes early. Log in your computer and phone system. Be ready for the first call at 9 am. Answer the phone being polite and product knowledge. Listen to each customer's concern and address each concern before ending the conversation. Provide product knowledge and thank them for calling Just Energy. Being available to help your co-workers through out the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is to satisfy each customer and have them say Thank you for your assistance.
Interesting place that introduced me to sales targets
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 15, 2014
Pros: income depends on personal sales
Cons: little space for improvement
At typical day at work, we the sales representatives go meet potential clients in areas researched for home improvements.

I learned how to sell a product to a client and how to offer professional client services for home home improvements.

In the evenings, we cold called the clients to inquire about their satisfaction levels with our products and services

I loved working with a partner because we complemented each other's sales pitches and skills whenever it was needed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 21, 2014
Just Energy is a natural gas and electricity company, the department I worked in was inbound customer service. I assisted a number of customer on a daily basis with task that varied from setting up services to retaining customers. The hardest part of my job on a daily basis was retaining irate customers; I worked in a team setting where metrics were reviewed weekly. The most enjoyable part of my day was seeing my co-workers as we were a great team. Management overall was questionable as some managers were located in a different country.
Fun workplace with lots of freedom.
Door to door Salesman (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 5, 2013
Pros: fresh air and lots of exsercise.
Cons: long days and short nights, lack of social life outside of work.
Great place to work for those who like the outdoors. This Job will heighten your social skills or give you some if you lack them. The hardest part of the job is selling a product you know nothing about, so I advise you to do your homework. If you like to meet and greet new people then this is the job for you as you will come across a very wide variety of individuals so have fun and be you.
Always-changing outdoor job where everyday is a different area with different potential clients and different challengs
sales representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Never boring
Cons: Long hours
Ever changing workplace with a different area everyday in and around Toronto and also road trips across the province. Great managerial support and great team atmosphere where group success is a collective priority. Life-changing skills are taught such as self-confidence, interpersonal communication, and statistical application.