Just Energy

Just Energy Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Decent pay, but work culture could be better
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Good people, competitive pay
Cons: work culture, management
Good stepping stone for career. Work culture varies depending on the office you are at. The overall management and direction of the company could be better.
Pure sales job
Door to Door sales of energy contracts (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 28, 2015
Cons: very long hours, and high possibility of making nothing for a few days straight
If you want a place that you can dedicate your life to, and get almost nothing out of it its the perfect job. You can make big money, while ignoring everything else of importance in your life, forget family time, time with friends, and pretty much everything else.
Entry Level
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 4, 2015
Pros: Good people to work with
Cons: No opportunity for advancement
This is a great company for entry level SQL programmers. This company is good for people wanting to go to school after work.
Customer focus has been lost.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: Company support to complete Certificate of Apprenticeship, through the Ontario College of Trades and Apprenticeship, certificate in Information Technology - Contact Centre Customer Service Agent.
Cons: The lack of a collaborative environment between employees and management.
I am currently working at Just Energy in a dynamic and changing environment. Though I enjoy the challenge of new ideas and continuous learning, I am looking for a position that will allow me to use my – more... recently acquired administrative and computer skills. The opportunities to move to this type of a role at Just Energy are minimal which is very frustrating as an employee. The environment has changed significantly from when I started, changing from a customer service role to a sales role with little focus on the customer. I understand that customer service must result in a mutually beneficial resolution for both the customer and the company, but at this time I feel the customer focus has almost disappeared.Customer focus has been lost. I enjoy the interaction with my co-workers and customers on a daily basis. – less
Fun workplace to work in
Vendor Analyst (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 9, 2015
The hardest part of the job is dealing with close minded people.

The most enjoyable part is to work closely with the Director of CS and understand the core business and how the company economy works.
fun cold
Salesman (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: trips
Cons: long hours
I liked it Manger was not a nice guy . Lots of bonus but hard to get . I liked dealing with the coustomers
Total Review
Contract Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJanuary 6, 2015
I can say that this job was kind of entry level job. There is not any improvement in this position and it is completely the same as self-employee. I needed to handle all of the business by myself and design my strategy and my plans. There wasn’t any clear area as a territory and I was able to work any where as I wanted.
Good pay, awful work.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: everything else
VERY long work hours, door-to-door sales.

Paid based on performance but incredibly long work hours. In the office at 10:30am - 12:30pm, outside 1:00pm - 9:00pm or later, Mon - Sat. ALL WEATHER plus 1 week business trip with hotel costs taken out of pay.

High turnover rate and very pushy management
Fair
Team Manager Sales (Former Employee), MississaugaDecember 7, 2014
JOB and the company infrastructure good with facilities but the management is ok as never aware of what is happening.
unappreciated
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 2, 2014
long hours with a lot of work, yearly raise of $0.25 with no opportunity of advancement
Great company
Sales and Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 24, 2014
Working in a team environment selling energy. Door to door sales. Enjoyed working with co-workers and enjoyed management team.
great way to make quick money if you're a hard worker.
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 9, 2014
This job was simply door-to-door sales, everyday we would meet at the office located in the south side of the city. The teams would have an hour meeting with our crew leaders and then we would be driven – more... to our "area" of the day. We worked until 9. This job allowed me to make enough money to pay for 2 years of college without the help of student loans. The hardest part of the job was the repetitiveness of it and having to deal with the management, they were under a lot of stress because the turn over percentage was quite high. Door to door sales is not for everyone but with the time and effort, anyone can succeed and make as much money as they want. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting awesome customers at the door, that would brighten up my day with their kindness and humour. – less
Door to Door sales representative
door to door sales representative (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONOctober 23, 2014
a typical day involved me introducing myself to all kinds of people right at there front door, I would inform them of the kind of services we offer and by the end I would hopefully have an interested costumer – more... to sing-up.

i learned a lot about sales, and defiantly a lot about self confidence and how to handle all different kinds of situations involving the costumers.

The hardest part of my job was meeting the quota by the end of the week, we had to have a certain amount of customers singed up per week, in order to receive a certain amount of money each week.

My co workers were very respectful, out going group of people and the same goes for the management. – less
Door to door sales job with potential
Saleman (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: tons of incentives, friendly work environment
Cons: long hours, 100% commision, door to door sales
The job is 100% commission and consists of knocking on doors trying to make people combine their electricity/gas bills. There is potential to make a killing in this job if you can sell but to me I found it very discouraging having 100 people say no and most of the time be quite rude. Also I do not want to be knocking on doors when it's -40 outside.
Excellent employers
Scheduling co-ordinator / Warranty Manager (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 14, 2014
Pros: fair company to work for
Just Energy has been a great company to be a part of, for the past 2 years I have been able to use a wide range of skills to benefit myself and the company, as well as learn new skills and procedures along the way. Management is great and understanding, and treats employees very well.
DO NOT WORK FOR JUST ENERGY
customer service representative (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 7, 2014
Pros: office job
Cons: everything
This company has an "F" rating on the better business bureau for good reasons. 95% of their customers are being ripped off, their door to door sales man use pressure tactics even against seniors and people – more... on disability. They also go around promising savings which doesn't happen either. Go on their wikipedia page if you dont believe me.

As a customer service rep you deal with a lot of irate customers who dont understand why their bill is so high. Its because just energy has hidden fees. They go around saying customers will pay $90 for gas and ele but their actual bill is $300-$500 after all the costs they dont tell customers about. Who would want to work for such a scam company?

My managers were not helpful, they told me to lie on the phone and promise customers savings. I refuse to scam people and i would never work for a scam company like just energy.

PS - I met both CEO's of just energy, they are crooks who used to work at enron, its no wonder they created just energy. – less
B2B financial selling.
Manager (Former Employee), North York, ONJuly 10, 2014
Pros: small organization, easy to communicate with higher management.
Cons: small organization no room for advancement.
Factoring businesses or financing business via Accounts receivables.
Call and set appointments with business owners to help finance their business.

Small organization with high profits.
Great coworkers closely knit environment.

Hardest part of the job was to deal with cx who didn't get approved for financing.

Enjoyable part was going to work everyday.
Good enviroment, professional and positive attitude
Operations Team Lead (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 6, 2014
Pros: postive environement
My day starts with me checking all voicemails as I am responsible for taking inbound calls. Once I have checked them all, I look that the schedule for the rest of the week and optimize it to make full – more... we are at full capacity.

Everyday is challenging with customer related inquiries, service calls and customer complaints. I also pitch when I get inbound calls ans try to get some sales into the system.

I also do retention; so any accounts that aren't closed off, I try to retain and close them off.

I work very closely with my co-workers and make sure I communicate with them and I have quick meeting with my manager and my team member to discuss conversions and make sure that we are working to the full potential.

I love taking up challenges and love to problem solve. I love to interact with people so the hardest part would be the amount of issues that come up everyday and the enjoyable part would be able to succeed in solving them – less
office politics, overworked, underpaid, unethical practices, corrupt managers
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Courtney ParkMay 23, 2014
don't waste your time

- you will deal with 95% angry or dissatisfied customers
- learned during the first 12 months. but at one point, i knew more than my manager
- management is two-faced, unfair and – more... extremely biased.
- 80% of employees get away with mediocrity. the 20% who are brilliant, don't stick around for very long.
- drama never ends here
- online reviews get worse and worse
- BBB rating dropping
- regulatory bodies auditing JE practices for years now
- IC's use shady, unethical & pressure tactics to close sales,
- negative publicity all over the media
- among the most expensive prices in the market
- contact centre roles being gradually outsourced to the U.S, providing less job security for Canadian employees

I could go on all day long..... – less
door to door sales
Contractor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 30, 2014
Pros: long walks
Cons: long hours
Working at Just Energy provided me with the skills I will need for my future careers.

1 2 3 4

About Just Energy

Just Energy seeks a more just outcome for its customers, when it comes to energy prices. The natural gas and electricity marketer – Read more