Just Energy Employee Reviews in Canada

Productivity and fun work place with foss ball table
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 4, 2015
A typical day at work consist of talking inbound calls assisting customers with bill issues, general inquires, payments, providing knowledge with products, etc,. Each customer is a brand new call which must be provided with excellent customer service experience. Must meet expect targets. From this job learned different programs such as Sigma, ERCOT, and CRM. Daily using MS Office. Learned as also how to manage time within calls while visually auditing, notation, and minimal dead air in calls. There is supportive management team there to assist in every need or find a way to assist in their best potential. The environment in the workplace is friendly, outgoing, and family.
Pros
Vacation provided after 3 month probation completed. Full benefits.
Cons
Stressful, long time sitting taking calls.
Enjoyed the people and management that I worked with. Made long life friends at Just Energy
Bilingual Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 3, 2016
I took calls for Electricity and Natural Gas for The U.S East, and Canadian Region. Management at Just Energy changed over the years and all remained on the same page their representative. The hardest thing I would say is dealing with irate customers. I enjoyed when I was able to help customers understand their bills and how to be able to reduce them.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Pay
Great work place
Independant Contractor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 3, 2016
Just Energy is a great place to work. My co-workers and Boss are great people and the work environment is very supportive and uplifting. The only issue I had with Just Energy was the hours 1030am to 930pm pretty much 7 days a week.
Pros
Great people, wages, and bonus
Cons
Long hours 7 days a week
Always-changing outdoor job where everyday is a different area with different potential clients and different challengs
sales representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2015
Ever changing workplace with a different area everyday in and around Toronto and also road trips across the province. Great managerial support and great team atmosphere where group success is a collective priority. Life-changing skills are taught such as self-confidence, interpersonal communication, and statistical application.
Pros
Never boring
Cons
Great place to work if you wanted control of how much money you wanted to earn.
COMMERCIAL SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta. CanadaJanuary 11, 2016
Orientation Training, Cold Calls, Followups, Previous and new customers. Sell and write up contracts same day. Door to Door, Call by phone, and personal face to face appointments. Track and record appointments from an organized list from a reliable directory.

How to defuse and/or adapt to the customer's needs. Body language and build rapport.

Assistant Crew chief. Helped to build up confidence with new recruits. Always had great rapport with my co-workers.

The hardest part of my last job was to show humility to those who were not able to achieve my goals of being number one in the office for top sales.

Building rapport and developing relationships were genuine to me.
Making the sale and maintaining the customer gave me a great feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
Harder you worked the more you received.
Cons
Became a bit of a workaholic. But I managed to pace myself.
Productive, Best Job so far.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 5, 2016
The only hardest part about this Job is due to its field work, you have to work outside no matter the weather condition. I learnt how to fix the hardest part of life, developed my skills up 94%, Organisation, goal set-up and team work. The management is wonderful and my co-worker are family to me. The most enjoyable part about the work is when you make more than your expectation at thee end of the week.
Pros
free transportation
Cons
What a fun place to work
Independent Contractor/ Productive Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 25, 2016
I work manly alone with renfrew there really wasn't anyone else around i was to clean these boats by hand so really hard work but was worth it in the end never really had to deal with customers or anything just clean the boats check out go home, management was great considering my father hired me and basically it just made me a hard working person and keeping a fast pace and not falling behind
Pros
great hours
Enthusiastic workplace with a table soccer game.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 27, 2016
A typical day would begin with a meeting then an encouraging speech and cheer. I learned some very crucial customer service skills . My co-workers were very well spoken individuals.
The hardest part was trying to sell the contracts to the communities who might've needed them while the most enjoyable part of the job was the entertaining car rides.
Pros
Alot of time to get the job right.
Cons
Alot of walking.
Excellent Culture
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 5, 2016
I had the opportunity to work with the Learning and development department of Just Energy. I must say it is an excellent team to work with. Very supportive team mates and excellent leadership
Pros
Leadership
Cons
There is a scope of using technology to the advantage
When I Worked Here, I Was Part of the JE Family
Business Systems Support Specialist/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 19, 2015
I'm unsure of the culture that exists today, but working for JE was FUN. Yes, I said fun. There were hard times, just like anywhere else you can work, but JE provided a culture of support and community within the company that I have not experienced working anywhere else. It was a great place to develop as a person, and not just as a professional.
Nice place to work in
Independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 11, 2016
people are nice, effective management, the day starts early morning and ends at 8 PM. Weather is so cold and we have to stay on the street for most of the time.
A fun place to work
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONNovember 3, 2015
If you are outgoing, you love to meet new people and also achieve personal goals, then this is for you. It is a great place to form relationships with your employers and fellow employees.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Underpaid and high tunrover rate
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 12, 2016
.-They provide Free Lunches
-The Co-Workers are great always willing to help
-Too many tasks and not enough time
-Managers need to stop micro managing!
-Work hours are 9 to 5 but you are there till 6
It was door-toor
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
It was the worst job ever, it was door to door sales and commission based, if you don't sell anything you don't make anything. it was also very unprofessional.
Pros
outdoors
good environment
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
- friendly co-workers
- passionate environment
- fast pace
- large projects
- company events
- nice managers

I would recommend people to work here.
Pros
working from home
Cons
workload
Helping and positive environment
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 1, 2016
Good Place to work for. you learn a lot and people are really enthusiastic and helpful. good place to start up and a great experience
Great innovation
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 26, 2016
I have learned a lot at JE in regards to the energy sector.

It has been a great stepping stone for me and has definitely helped be progress in my career.
Decent pay, but work culture could be better
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 4, 2015
Good stepping stone for career. Work culture varies depending on the office you are at. The overall management and direction of the company could be better.
Pros
Good people, competitive pay
Cons
work culture, management
Easy going environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 12, 2012
A typical day at Just Energy is to put my head set on, log in and take calls. There are always new rules,procedures, information on energy, rates and different situations with customers that keeps me learning on a regular basis. The management at Just Energy is very professional and most Managers are approachable. I have gained many friends of different cultures at Just Energy and enjoy working in that type of environment. The hardest part of my job is reading scripts repeatedly one after the other because it is very repetitive. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers who need further information to understand their program and it`s benefits.
Pros
100% benefits
Cons
working hours
It is a Challenging place to work.
Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  MississaugaJuly 9, 2015
It is a productive company selling the best Volume products. A typical day at work is continuous process improvment learning and resolving customer issues from billing to account management to retrofitting products to meet customer needs.
Learning Business Negotiation and business acumen. Find the positive niche in a negative environment.
Learned what's like to be politically correct from Management.
How to be a team player in a self centered environment
To balance stress and enjoy work
When you resolved a customer issue and offered them Peace of Mind and value for their business.
Pros
Free Snacks monthly
Cons
Stressful Job