Just Energy Employee Reviews

not for the weak at heart
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 April 2017
Was the most challenging job I've ever had to date, although challenges aren't negative this experience sure was primarily due to The CEO and some managers. Unrealistic sales quotas and aggressive sales techniques along with long road trips made this one of my least memorable experiences.
Pros
commisiion
Cons
management
Great learning envionment
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 March 2017
I learned a lot during my time at JE such as customer service skills. The management was supportive and the workplace culture is diverse. I enjoyed working with my fantastic co-workers.
Pros
gained a lot of skills
succesful training programs
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 February 2017
another energy company in a list of several I have been passed around too very forward moving success orientated I had many opportunities promised bit non delivered
challenging, fun at times, rewarding
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 January 2017
it is a demanding and challenging job. the work place is fun to work at despite the challenges. there is great management in place within the company. they always do their utmost to motivate employees.
it is a rewarding place to work at.
Good Company to work with
Independent Energy/Facility Contractor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2017
It is good company for those who want to excel in sales of the energy products and possess the cold marketing skills. The sales personnel to market the sale of energy products by adopting the door-to-door policy. However, the strategy has changed I believe after revision in he sales regulation. The pay is based on sales commission and hence suitable for those who can work on commissioned pay.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Commissioned based Pay
Ok work place
CSR account manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 December 2016
Reading a few they are ring JE atmosphere and high demands and unrealistic daily and monthly targets. They love to shame there employees Infront of the entire workplace.. they are disgusting.... Everyone sleeps with everyone in there. . Including the managers
Cons
Hours and walk of shame towards there employees is absolutely rude
fun place to work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2016
Meeting early in the morning to get organized and map out what area PR partner to work with. Walking door to door and knocking and representing the company and it's value. Lunch breaks but long hours of walking can earn bonuses and vacations. Good income potential.
Pros
free vacations
Cons
lots of walking
Not a good company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 October 2016
promise you the best working environment, but when it comes down to it they always find a way to deduct something off of the pay. Also require you to pay for everything.
Pros
Cons
everything
Challenging and Cozy work Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2016
It provides a great opportunity to the challenging people who want to excel and earn accordingly. It pays very much importance in team work and every team member is exhorted to excel.
Pros
It is good for those who accept chaleenges
Cons
No routine
Great place to work if your motivated to make money but does require alot of hours.
Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 October 2016
the job is great if you are ok with not having any personal life as you are required to work 25/28 days in a 4 week period from 1-9pm each day. so not alot of wiggle room to have a personal life but the money is great if your motivated and teachable.
Pros
great money, independant contractor
Cons
hard work, no personal life.
Great people, but work expectation sucks!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 August 2016
great place to work except for the work expectation, and not willing to give raises frequently. They expected to do so much and weren't willing to pay more.
Pros
Incentives, Amazing Benefits
Cons
They expect too much, unrealistic expectations, Don't give raises frequently.
boring
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 August 2016
volunteering at the ymca was very boring because none of the sports we played were fun because none of the kids knew how to play them.
Productive working environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2016
Nice Place to start your career, friendly environment. If you really want to learn, Just Energy is a good place to go. They thrive well in promoting initiatives
Unorganized and demanding environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 July 2016
Just Energy's Advancement is close to none at all.
Highly demanding atmosphere, not worth the salary. They certainly love to exploit their employees.
They set unrealistic bench marks to attain a goal.
Almost no incentives.
Great innovation
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 May 2016
I have learned a lot at JE in regards to the energy sector.

It has been a great stepping stone for me and has definitely helped be progress in my career.
What a fun place to work
Independent Contractor/ Productive Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 May 2016
I work manly alone with renfrew there really wasn't anyone else around i was to clean these boats by hand so really hard work but was worth it in the end never really had to deal with customers or anything just clean the boats check out go home, management was great considering my father hired me and basically it just made me a hard working person and keeping a fast pace and not falling behind
Pros
great hours
Productive, Best Job so far.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2016
The only hardest part about this Job is due to its field work, you have to work outside no matter the weather condition. I learnt how to fix the hardest part of life, developed my skills up 94%, Organisation, goal set-up and team work. The management is wonderful and my co-worker are family to me. The most enjoyable part about the work is when you make more than your expectation at thee end of the week.
Pros
free transportation
Cons
Enthusiastic workplace with a table soccer game.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 April 2016
A typical day would begin with a meeting then an encouraging speech and cheer. I learned some very crucial customer service skills . My co-workers were very well spoken individuals.
The hardest part was trying to sell the contracts to the communities who might've needed them while the most enjoyable part of the job was the entertaining car rides.
Pros
Alot of time to get the job right.
Cons
Alot of walking.
It was door-toor
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2016
It was the worst job ever, it was door to door sales and commission based, if you don't sell anything you don't make anything. it was also very unprofessional.
Pros
outdoors
Cons
Underpaid and high tunrover rate
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 April 2016
.-They provide Free Lunches
-The Co-Workers are great always willing to help
-Too many tasks and not enough time
-Managers need to stop micro managing!
-Work hours are 9 to 5 but you are there till 6

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8