Just Energy

Just Energy Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
B2B financial selling.
Manager (Former Employee), North York, ONJuly 10, 2014
Pros: small organization, easy to communicate with higher management.
Cons: small organization no room for advancement.
Factoring businesses or financing business via Accounts receivables.
Call and set appointments with business owners to help finance their business.

Small organization with high profits.
Great coworkers closely knit environment.

Hardest part of the job was to deal with cx who didn't get approved for financing.

Enjoyable part was going to work everyday.
Good enviroment, professional and positive attitude
Operations Team Lead (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 6, 2014
Pros: postive environement
My day starts with me checking all voicemails as I am responsible for taking inbound calls. Once I have checked them all, I look that the schedule for the rest of the week and optimize it to make full we are at full capacity.

Everyday is challenging with customer related inquiries, service calls and customer complaints. I also pitch when I get inbound – more... calls ans try to get some sales into the system.

I also do retention; so any accounts that aren't closed off, I try to retain and close them off.

I work very closely with my co-workers and make sure I communicate with them and I have quick meeting with my manager and my team member to discuss conversions and make sure that we are working to the full potential.

I love taking up challenges and love to problem solve. I love to interact with people so the hardest part would be the amount of issues that come up everyday and the enjoyable part would be able to succeed in solving them – less
office politics, overworked, underpaid, unethical practices, corrupt managers
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Courtney ParkMay 23, 2014
don't waste your time

- you will deal with 95% angry or dissatisfied customers
- learned during the first 12 months. but at one point, i knew more than my manager
- management is two-faced, unfair and extremely biased.
- 80% of employees get away with mediocrity. the 20% who are brilliant, don't stick around for very long.
- drama never ends here
- – more... online reviews get worse and worse
- BBB rating dropping
- regulatory bodies auditing JE practices for years now
- IC's use shady, unethical & pressure tactics to close sales,
- negative publicity all over the media
- among the most expensive prices in the market
- contact centre roles being gradually outsourced to the U.S, providing less job security for Canadian employees

I could go on all day long..... – less
door to door sales
Contractor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 30, 2014
Pros: long walks
Cons: long hours
Working at Just Energy provided me with the skills I will need for my future careers.
Fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 23, 2014
Pros: virtue of hard work
Cons: not much money at the beginning
The workplace is out there in the public. You do door to door sales and you do not make money in the first year but you collect invaluable experience on how to interact with the public. This is the least paid job I did, but it's where I learned the most.
Long hours, Unreliable product.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 20, 2014
Pros: commision based
Cons: long hours and 7 days someimes.
This was a door to door sales job, the management was great, my co-workers were great the most enjoyable part of the job was the outdoors. The hardest part of the job was the product we were selling wasn't very beneficial to the customers and I had a guilty feeling selling it.
Interesting place that introduced me to sales targets
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 15, 2014
Pros: income depends on personal sales
Cons: little space for improvement
At typical day at work, we the sales representatives go meet potential clients in areas researched for home improvements.

I learned how to sell a product to a client and how to offer professional client services for home home improvements.

In the evenings, we cold called the clients to inquire about their satisfaction levels with our products and – more... services

I loved working with a partner because we complemented each other's sales pitches and skills whenever it was needed – less
Great Multi-Tasking Environment
Account Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 30, 2014
The Commercial Department is a great place to learn new processes and systems. This role requires multi-tasking and prioritization. It has a really open environment to bring about new ideas, processes, and adjustments.
Love all sports, art, poetry, music and most importantly family
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), OntarioFebruary 28, 2014
My days are well structured, meaningful and measureable. Each day begins with an outline with specific goals. It is important to be able to evaluate not success daily but productivity and accomplishments.

A most critical aspect of each and every day is in fact what I've learned and how to it apply it moving forward.

As management it is essential to – more... inspire and motivate co workers to seak and evaluate their own day and continue to grow as a team. It is more important to promote than self promote. Give value to the group without isolation.

The most difficult aspect of any job is dealing with your experience. Remaining humble yet authoritative. People that are williing to learn and accept critiscism will thrive. Personalities must be dealt with in different ways. As difficult as it is to identify this it also becomes the most enjoyable part of working. – less
Very challenging job
DOOR TO DOOR SALES (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 24, 2014
I would work with a team to choose a location in Calgary to door knock. We would drive to the location with a map and work through the area. Door to door salespeople have to deal with a lot of rejection. I learned how to change the flow of a conversation from negative to positive, gained a lot of interpersonal skills, and learned how to manage a team.
Top Corporate Reception / Customer Service
Corporate Receptionist (Facilities) (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 11, 2014
I work in a fast paced corporate enviroment.
I am responsible in maintaining top Customer Service.
Productive day at work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, OnJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: retentaining customer, product knowledge
Cons: each call can take over 30 mins
A typical day at work would be to arrive 10 minutes early. Log in your computer and phone system. Be ready for the first call at 9 am. Answer the phone being polite and product knowledge. Listen to each customer's concern and address each concern before ending the conversation. Provide product knowledge and thank them for calling Just Energy. Being – more... available to help your co-workers through out the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is to satisfy each customer and have them say Thank you for your assistance. – less
Great enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 24, 2014
• Maintained a high level of customer care satisfaction
• Nominated by management to peer mentor new hires
• Consistently exceed team and individuals quotas in client satisfaction, quality and productivity by 10%
• Awarded “Employee of the Month” for exceptional customer care
• Awarded “Top Customer Service Representative” for two consecutive months
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 21, 2014
Just Energy is a natural gas and electricity company, the department I worked in was inbound customer service. I assisted a number of customer on a daily basis with task that varied from setting up services to retaining customers. The hardest part of my job on a daily basis was retaining irate customers; I worked in a team setting where metrics were – more... reviewed weekly. The most enjoyable part of my day was seeing my co-workers as we were a great team. Management overall was questionable as some managers were located in a different country. – less
THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLYYYY
Customer service rep (Former Employee), Mississauga courtney parkJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: call center experience
Cons: management, benefits, politics, training, upper management, hr
THE GOOD - Good place to start a career in a call center environment, room for advancement and you can make good friends and have with your small group of buddies.
THE BAD - Salary is very inconsistent, you start with a minimum pay and you do the same as someone that makes 5 dollars an hour more. Bonus and incentives are no good! only management gets – more... the benefits of it and they don't do anything. Management team are just customer service reps from last week, no experience what so ever. The benefits are good, however because of that reason workers have to deal with a lot of non sense and be part of a factory system JE has without realizing that almost 90 percent of other companies also have 100% benefits...too sad.....there is much more but ill just jump to the ugly.
THE UGLY. If you get stock in the same role for more than 2 years, that just simply means that you suck, and you will get tire of JE repetitive FACTORY like environment which like many factories make you a robot. MANAGEMENT SUCKS, 5 % of upper management knows who you really are, the rest is sucking up to their bosses and here it comes...POLITICS, JE has more politics than the US ELECTONS......Anybody that has worked a JE knows that and because of the benefits they cannot leave...

FINAL POINT...get a bit of money, take advantage of the benefits, learn how corporate call centers are run, learn how to deal with customers...and get out of JE... – less
EXCELLENT FOR INDEPENDENT WORKERS
NO JOB SECURITY
PAYS ON COMMISSION ONLY
Professional Enviroment with Flexibility
Lead Agent for HVAC (Current Employee), torontoJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: commission
I am described as a hard working person driven to assist customers professionally and respectfully. My experience at Just Energy and with my manager, Shail Silver supports my application for this position. While working there I developed the ability to proactively listen, identify issues, and provide workable solutions to customers and book appointments – more... with them to make them knowledgeable about the rebates and gas consumption in their house. Though my work hours were part time but I could book as many appointments as other colleagues working full time. And could sell as many furnaces and air conditioners as they could. I won appreciation and motivation since the day I joined and could train new employees for the same position.
Combining that work experience with my ability to communicate and multitask, I believe that I can bring to a team of professionals a great understanding of customer experiences, identifying and discussing customer needs, and to which team member to best escalate any issues appropriately. My experience with Just Energy customers required that I become knowledgeable in transactional needs of personal customers complying with company policies and procedures. – less
Call center environment
Commercial Client Account Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 14, 2013
Generally speaking a decent place to work. Large call center.
A true test of skill,
Independant Contractor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2013
Pros: i am one.
Cons: long hours.
Typical days started around one in the afternoon, after lunch we would start knocking on doors. Now I learned that people don't generally like to be harassed in their homes, but also the right approach and you can make any steaming hot head cool down to conversational level. It's all about attitude, persistence, guile, and a little smooth serenade .
enjoyed the type of work but not compensation
Customer Service representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2013
. F/T work
. learned customer satisfaction
. enjoyed communication with co workers
. unstable pay structure.

1 2 3 4 5

About Just Energy

Just Energy seeks a more just outcome for its customers, when it comes to energy prices. The natural gas and electricity marketer – Read more