Just Energy Employee Reviews

productive & fun experience
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ontario25 October 2017
a good learning experience & a never a dull moment of your time. meet lots of people from different sectors that you will be interacting mostly at work
great work but poor management
Human Resources Associate ( Full Time- Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Valley, ON20 October 2017
loved the work and the company I was working; however the management was poor and needs to be changed; there was miscommunications from the team . I felt I was left out in my first weeks of training.
Pros
good salary, great company, apportunities of advancement
Cons
long hours, poor management
Door to door sales
Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2017
Door to door company working 6 sometimes 7 days a week. Great money but poor work/life balance. Learned a lot of communication skills and dealing with people.
Not enough Pay for the Job
Regional Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 August 2017
It is an alright place to work at for a while. Does not pay enough for the amount of work. No place for growth. The management is not good. No bonuses .
Sometimes good sometimes mean team
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 August 2017
It's a normal company with the typical employee benefits, nothing special. My manager is good but I heard some managers are not. It really depends. The hardest part of job is time management and tolerance
Pros
50% off on cafetaria food (salad and a good amount of food for lunch is only for 5 bucks)
Friendly Staff
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 July 2017
Always a pleasure to go into work. The staff is very friendly.
My supervisors have been very helpful and are great mentors. There is always something new to learn.
Pros
enjoyable environment
A place to gain some experience
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 June 2017
Reviewing emails is key to achieving success and to respond to emails in an orderly fashion. Working smarter not harder provides the ability to get through the long hard days. The management team is mediocre at best. The managers are like robots and don't always have the ability to think for themselves, but are efficient.The hardest part of the job is dealing with escalated calls after hours until late at night. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to be yourself, but know at the end of the day it is a business and to conduct yourself in a professional manner. .
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Long work hours
New Experience
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 May 2017
Just Energy was a school for me. I learnt a lot about customer how to approach, how to talk and make a deal with a positive attitude.It was a place to work for a starter, we traveled a lot we see fun places and have fun at the same time
Pros
free lunch
Cons
5 to 6 hours a day
With 100% health benefits , its a good place to learn but no future scope
OPRATION SPECIALIST (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2017
A great place to work with amazing benefits. No scope to move. Mix environment. load of work stress. But amazing package of health benefits and other benefits.
Pros
Big firm with big benefits
Cons
no future scope
that was costumer attraction company
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2017
i was working as a sales representative in just energy . i have to dress very well and attract with the consumers .i have to play lots of tricks to attract more costumers
Pros
they offer great reduction in price
Cons
the product they sell do not work well
Friendly atmosphere
Operation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 May 2017
Overall, it has been a great experience working at Just Energy. Learned new skills and have enhance my knowledge.The people are friendly and it can be fun working there.
not for the weak at heart
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 April 2017
Was the most challenging job I've ever had to date, although challenges aren't negative this experience sure was primarily due to The CEO and some managers. Unrealistic sales quotas and aggressive sales techniques along with long road trips made this one of my least memorable experiences.
Pros
commisiion
Cons
management
Sales!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2017
This was my first real sales experience and I loved it. Very entrepreneurial group of go getters who are all very successful now in life thanks to the skills they learned at Just Energy.
Great learning envionment
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 March 2017
I learned a lot during my time at JE such as customer service skills. The management was supportive and the workplace culture is diverse. I enjoyed working with my fantastic co-workers.
Pros
gained a lot of skills
succesful training programs
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 February 2017
another energy company in a list of several I have been passed around too very forward moving success orientated I had many opportunities promised bit non delivered
challenging, fun at times, rewarding
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 January 2017
it is a demanding and challenging job. the work place is fun to work at despite the challenges. there is great management in place within the company. they always do their utmost to motivate employees.
it is a rewarding place to work at.
Good Company to work with
Independent Energy/Facility Contractor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2017
It is good company for those who want to excel in sales of the energy products and possess the cold marketing skills. The sales personnel to market the sale of energy products by adopting the door-to-door policy. However, the strategy has changed I believe after revision in he sales regulation. The pay is based on sales commission and hence suitable for those who can work on commissioned pay.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Commissioned based Pay
Ok work place
CSR account manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 December 2016
Reading a few they are ring JE atmosphere and high demands and unrealistic daily and monthly targets. They love to shame there employees Infront of the entire workplace.. they are disgusting.... Everyone sleeps with everyone in there. . Including the managers
Cons
Hours and walk of shame towards there employees is absolutely rude
fun place to work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2016
Meeting early in the morning to get organized and map out what area PR partner to work with. Walking door to door and knocking and representing the company and it's value. Lunch breaks but long hours of walking can earn bonuses and vacations. Good income potential.
Pros
free vacations
Cons
lots of walking
Not a good company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 October 2016
promise you the best working environment, but when it comes down to it they always find a way to deduct something off of the pay. Also require you to pay for everything.
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8