Just Energy Employee Reviews

Great people, but work expectation sucks!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 August 2016
great place to work except for the work expectation, and not willing to give raises frequently. They expected to do so much and weren't willing to pay more.
Pros
Incentives, Amazing Benefits
Cons
They expect too much, unrealistic expectations, Don't give raises frequently.
Unorganized and demanding environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 July 2016
Just Energy's Advancement is close to none at all.
Highly demanding atmosphere, not worth the salary. They certainly love to exploit their employees.
They set unrealistic bench marks to attain a goal.
Almost no incentives.
fun place to work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2016
Meeting early in the morning to get organized and map out what area PR partner to work with. Walking door to door and knocking and representing the company and it's value. Lunch breaks but long hours of walking can earn bonuses and vacations. Good income potential.
Pros
free vacations
Cons
lots of walking
Productive, Best Job so far.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2016
The only hardest part about this Job is due to its field work, you have to work outside no matter the weather condition. I learnt how to fix the hardest part of life, developed my skills up 94%, Organisation, goal set-up and team work. The management is wonderful and my co-worker are family to me. The most enjoyable part about the work is when you make more than your expectation at thee end of the week.
Pros
free transportation
Cons
Productivity and fun work place with foss ball table
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 August 2015
A typical day at work consist of talking inbound calls assisting customers with bill issues, general inquires, payments, providing knowledge with products, etc,. Each customer is a brand new call which must be provided with excellent customer service experience. Must meet expect targets. From this job learned different programs such as Sigma, ERCOT, and CRM. Daily using MS Office. Learned as also how to manage time within calls while visually auditing, notation, and minimal dead air in calls. There is supportive management team there to assist in every need or find a way to assist in their best potential. The environment in the workplace is friendly, outgoing, and family.
Pros
Vacation provided after 3 month probation completed. Full benefits.
Cons
Stressful, long time sitting taking calls.
Not a good company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 October 2016
promise you the best working environment, but when it comes down to it they always find a way to deduct something off of the pay. Also require you to pay for everything.
Pros
Cons
everything
Great place to work if your motivated to make money but does require alot of hours.
Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 October 2016
the job is great if you are ok with not having any personal life as you are required to work 25/28 days in a 4 week period from 1-9pm each day. so not alot of wiggle room to have a personal life but the money is great if your motivated and teachable.
Pros
great money, independant contractor
Cons
hard work, no personal life.
What a fun place to work
Independent Contractor/ Productive Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 May 2016
I work manly alone with renfrew there really wasn't anyone else around i was to clean these boats by hand so really hard work but was worth it in the end never really had to deal with customers or anything just clean the boats check out go home, management was great considering my father hired me and basically it just made me a hard working person and keeping a fast pace and not falling behind
Pros
great hours
Productive working environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2016
Nice Place to start your career, friendly environment. If you really want to learn, Just Energy is a good place to go. They thrive well in promoting initiatives
Challenging and Cozy work Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2016
It provides a great opportunity to the challenging people who want to excel and earn accordingly. It pays very much importance in team work and every team member is exhorted to excel.
Pros
It is good for those who accept chaleenges
Cons
No routine
It was door-toor
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2016
It was the worst job ever, it was door to door sales and commission based, if you don't sell anything you don't make anything. it was also very unprofessional.
Pros
outdoors
Easy going environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 November 2012
A typical day at Just Energy is to put my head set on, log in and take calls. There are always new rules,procedures, information on energy, rates and different situations with customers that keeps me learning on a regular basis. The management at Just Energy is very professional and most Managers are approachable. I have gained many friends of different cultures at Just Energy and enjoy working in that type of environment. The hardest part of my job is reading scripts repeatedly one after the other because it is very repetitive. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers who need further information to understand their program and it`s benefits.
Pros
100% benefits
Cons
working hours
Great innovation
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 May 2016
I have learned a lot at JE in regards to the energy sector.

It has been a great stepping stone for me and has definitely helped be progress in my career.
Enthusiastic workplace with a table soccer game.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 April 2016
A typical day would begin with a meeting then an encouraging speech and cheer. I learned some very crucial customer service skills . My co-workers were very well spoken individuals.
The hardest part was trying to sell the contracts to the communities who might've needed them while the most enjoyable part of the job was the entertaining car rides.
Pros
Alot of time to get the job right.
Cons
Alot of walking.
Enjoyed the people and management that I worked with. Made long life friends at Just Energy
Bilingual Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 March 2016
I took calls for Electricity and Natural Gas for The U.S East, and Canadian Region. Management at Just Energy changed over the years and all remained on the same page their representative. The hardest thing I would say is dealing with irate customers. I enjoyed when I was able to help customers understand their bills and how to be able to reduce them.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Pay
boring
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 August 2016
volunteering at the ymca was very boring because none of the sports we played were fun because none of the kids knew how to play them.
Great work place
Independant Contractor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 March 2016
Just Energy is a great place to work. My co-workers and Boss are great people and the work environment is very supportive and uplifting. The only issue I had with Just Energy was the hours 1030am to 930pm pretty much 7 days a week.
Pros
Great people, wages, and bonus
Cons
Long hours 7 days a week
Great place to work if you wanted control of how much money you wanted to earn.
COMMERCIAL SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta. Canada11 January 2016
Orientation Training, Cold Calls, Followups, Previous and new customers. Sell and write up contracts same day. Door to Door, Call by phone, and personal face to face appointments. Track and record appointments from an organized list from a reliable directory.

How to defuse and/or adapt to the customer's needs. Body language and build rapport.

Assistant Crew chief. Helped to build up confidence with new recruits. Always had great rapport with my co-workers.

The hardest part of my last job was to show humility to those who were not able to achieve my goals of being number one in the office for top sales.

Building rapport and developing relationships were genuine to me.
Making the sale and maintaining the customer gave me a great feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
Harder you worked the more you received.
Cons
Became a bit of a workaholic. But I managed to pace myself.
Excellent Culture
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 April 2016
I had the opportunity to work with the Learning and development department of Just Energy. I must say it is an excellent team to work with. Very supportive team mates and excellent leadership
Pros
Leadership
Cons
There is a scope of using technology to the advantage
Always-changing outdoor job where everyday is a different area with different potential clients and different challengs
sales representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2015
Ever changing workplace with a different area everyday in and around Toronto and also road trips across the province. Great managerial support and great team atmosphere where group success is a collective priority. Life-changing skills are taught such as self-confidence, interpersonal communication, and statistical application.
Pros
Never boring

2.8