A fast-paced Personal Injury Law Office is currently seeking a Legal Assistant to support team of lawyers. The professional candidate must have working experience in the industry, be proficient in personal injury litigation; dealing with accident benefits and tort litigation. Plaintiff side experience is a notable asset.
- Preparing notices and pleadings
- Drafting and preparing motion records, including supporting affidavits
- Reviewing, briefing and summarizing medical records and other productions
- Preparing Affidavits of Documents and satisfying undertakings promptly
- Reviewing files with a view to moving matters forward
- Maintaining court diary and bring forward systems for assigned cases, coordinating client’s appointment, next court dates and filing deadlines.
- Handling calls and messages with the ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Arranging solicitor/client consultations and other meetings as required.
- Managing files independently while managing a busy calendar
The successful candidate should possess:
- A minimum of 1 year experience working with Accident Benefits and Tort
- An excellent command of the English language (verbal and written)
- Be a graduate of a legal secretarial or law clerking program
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, PC Law and dicta typing
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging litigation environment
- Well-organized and detailed oriented
- Possesses exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; and have mastered the art of working independently as well as in a team environment
Indeed - 20 months ago