A reputable law firm in Mississauga is seeking a motivated Senior and Junior Associate Lawyer to join its growing practice. We are currently seeking candidates who excel in a high-paced litigation environment with a heavy Plaintiff personal injury case load. These Associates will work directly with 1-2 other lawyers.
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
1. Experience in all aspects of litigation including pleadings, motions, examination for discovery, mediation and trials;
2. The ability to work with a sense of urgency and maintain high standards of performance and the ability to exercise good judgment and decision making;
3. The ability to multi-task, to prioritize workload, and to maintain organization;
4. The qualities to work independently, be a self-starter, and manage multiple files;
5. Competence when evaluating potential client cases and must proactively anticipate potential issues and/or problems relating to said cases;
6. A professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships with team members;
7. The ability to work in a confidential environment while maintaining a professional and positive demeanor;
8. Exemplary written and oral communication skills;
9. Excellent organizational & follow-up skills;
The successful candidate must possess:
1. Current license to practice law in the province of Ontario;
2. 1-5 years of experience as a lawyer;
3. Strong knowledge in MS Word, PC law, Westlaw and other legal search engines.