Juniper Networks Employee Reviews

Challenging and rewarding environment
Resident Engineer - Lab Testing (Former Employee) –  Remote19 May 2017
Excellent opportunities for education.
Challenging projects with a customer focus.
Opportunities to work with the latest technology in cutting edge designs.
A Great and challenging experience.
SAP OTC Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA15 May 2017
I love working at Juniper Networks, it's a great company to be with.

I learned a lot in the last 2 years, worked on great challenging projects and achieved quite a lot during my time at Juniper Networks.
Productive, flexible working hours..good work culture
Sustaining Engineer (Current Employee) –  bangalore15 May 2017
Good, Productive, flexible working hours..good work culture.
Good work ethics.
transparent.

Though management is stringent in giving bonuses and hikes.
Pros
flexible work hours.
Cons
management
Great experience
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka11 May 2017
Very good learning curve, extremely talented people to work with, great work-life balance. The company doesn't hesitate to experiment with new technologies. Overall, amazing experience.
productive and fun workplace
Software Engineer (Developer) (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka10 May 2017
Juniper is flexible with timings. One gets to work with some of the great minds. Its a goal oriented company no matter whether you are in office or working from home, if you deliver on time, org is more than ok. Pay is good. Hike and growth however is not that fast(not saying slow) , in order to grow you will have to be really outstanding. Friday fun is amazing here.
Pros
good pay, work with bright minds
Cons
politics and bit tight schedule attimes.
overall is good, but the continuously re-org makes me feel uncomfortable
Hardware Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA30 April 2017
had been working in Juniper Networks for over 10 years, changed to different team and different roles many times, overall is good, especially the work/life balance is pretty good, not much pressure. But the continuously re-org makes me feel uncomfortable since the economy down-turn.
better than average
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA29 April 2017
in general better than most of the company I worked before.
software wise it is not innovative, mostly hardware support.
In my opinion they are not familiar with software development.
too much focus on schedule, not quality, maintainabity, etc.
Pros
business is relativey stable
Cons
hardware oriented
People are responsive and helpful. Allowed me to telecommute, too.
Proposal Manager / Content Developer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA28 April 2017
People are responsive and helpful. Allowed me to telecommute. I had a chance to create the Enterprise/Commercial RFP team from ground floor up. I was able to create my own RFP response templates, institute my own response guidelines and create training documents. Juniper allowed me to do what i knew, instead of demanding i do what they thought i was supposed to do.
Relaxed atmosphere because it is a lab at Verizon Wireless
Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westlake Tx28 April 2017
I am only called if any problem detected during testing and the test team feels the problem may be at the firewall blocking the traffic. Very little work to add more features and capabilities to it. Check devices if they have mal function so do RMA. Basically a baby sitting job.
Pros
Verizon wireless managment is easy going and relaxed.
Cons
Looong drive for me.
Excellent work location and flexible working hr
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Taikoo Shing, Hong Kong Island26 April 2017
Juniper HK located in Taikoo Plaza, closed to mtr
Flexible working hr, if there any personal issue we can work at home or go office earlier and leave earlier.
Pros
relatively lots of holiday
Cons
keep changing structure
Great place to work.
MEMBER OF TECHNICAL STAFF (MTS) (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, India25 April 2017
The work culture in Juniper is awesome. Not much office politics. Importance to the technical aspect of work. Flexible work-life balance. Proprity to individual contribution.
Nice place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale20 April 2017
It is a good company. tHe culture, even though higly competitive is relaxed. the work is tasking bit fulfilling. You get to have good vacation, excellent pay and nice work place
I had a good run here
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Remote Employee19 April 2017
The job is great as far as benefits and compensation go. I made a lot of lifelong friends at Juniper, as well. However, there is a lot of job displacement to India and it is clear in the last 5 years that cheap labor is priority over quality. US hires are rare, and if US employees leave the company, they are replaced by headcount in India. Most recently, there was a layoff which only affected US Employees. Many people are leaving the company willingly now, and many people are unfortunately unhappy with upper management. I will miss Juniper, but it is being terribly mismanaged, unfortunately.
Pros
Awesome pay, great benefits, nice bonus plan
Cons
Poor work/life balance, cheap labor preferred to quality labor
Juniper - On Par with others
Senior Technical Writer, Program Lead (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA11 April 2017
Previously worked at NetScreen Technologies - security appliance company that was acquired by Juniper. During this time, Juniper was acquiring several companies to improve its security technologies.

Many decisions are made at senior levels. Advancement can be more about who you know rather than what you know or what you've done.
Great workplace
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH10 April 2017
Great company but they did a full wipe out of the Columbus, OH office. Great team culture and the people really made this job worth while. I really enjoyed selling the mobile security product nationwide.
Good Company/Bad Management
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Covington, GA10 April 2017
Juniper as a whole is great. Now, the leadership they have in place is not. They hire a lot of individuals from California who are liberals! Upper Exec management could be better.
Great Products unfortunately Terrible Management
Senior Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MO7 April 2017
Most of the products delivered regarding feature functionality, the management was constantly in flux (from the CEO all the way down to my direct manager) and then when my manager left, they did a bad job of backfilling and all the sudden the job went from decent to terrible overnight. They didn't care when I brought it up to upper management and the team was in total disarray when I left.
Nice place to work
SSE (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka4 April 2017
Nice place to work. Very good management and also great work life balance. All co team members are very intelligent,supportive and helping. Great work culture ,team outing and lunch .
Pros
Good managment, Work life balence
Cons
Not yet found
Excellent Place
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka30 March 2017
Its tailor made for people who thrive on day to day learning.
Its kind of hectic at times but thats when you learn most & progress further.

The work will be state of the art developing some of the finest products of networking world.
A good company
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka23 March 2017
The typical day in my work experience is handle India tax processing .
I learned how handle to India tax.

Compare other company Juniper is employee friendly company as well their management.

The workplace culture is increase employee enthusiasm.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Juniper Networks. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2