Juniper Networks Employee Reviews

Very nice workplace
SHIPPING RECEIVING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA6 October 2017
The workplace is nice and people there are friendly and very helpful. Easy access to public transportation. We get big discounts at the cafeteria and access to their gym.
Great place to learn
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA5 October 2017
Challenging environment. Great learning experience and work balance culture.

Although conversion rate to FTE is low and benefits were not as great as other company.
Positive and productive experience
Business Development Leader (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA27 September 2017
Juniper Networks is a very good place to work. Management was supportive as were my peers. My positions challenged in a very positive ways and enabled me to grow professionally.
poor management
Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA26 September 2017
the company has no leadership, too many politics.
the upper management keeps changing. Usually, when there is laid-off, non-indians got affected first.
Learned allot
Data Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA26 September 2017
Working at Juniper networks allowed me to grow me Data Center Tech skills to a whole new level. I wouldn't be where I am today without the skills I learned working at Juniper Networks
Pros
Learning
Cons
Contracted
Management is clueless
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA25 September 2017
Mid managers would walk on the backs of lower managers and employees. When you would try to bring it up to HR they would just turn the other way. Not a great company to climb in. Shaddy management.
Pros
Cons
a lot
Juniper is a great comany with great products.
Technical Support Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  Westford, MA21 September 2017
Performed support on Junipers Ex product line.

Cases would get escalated, then support would work on them.

Performed lab replications on a daily basis.
Pros
Great product.
High Stress Everoment
Customer Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA18 September 2017
Juniper is always looking for opportunity to make money, by doing so they always exploring new ideas trying beat the competition. This at times leads to overwhelm workload with a very short deadline.
Value engineering (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA18 September 2017
Juniper is good place to work. They are trying to provide a balance workplace. I do not not my commute hours but that is part of Silicon Valley working conditions
Pros
Good environment to work
Cons
Direction is not clear
Overall Care for Personnel Was Quite Good
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Westford, MA10 September 2017
Management did not have as much backbone as I would have liked, however, if one was successful at accomplishing goals, one could be quite oblivious to all the negative energy that was present in some departments. The company was very focused on wooing summer interns on board to assure there was a fresh approach to the company's overall success. Unfortunately, the senior (age wise) personnel took a hit, as well as a back seat to these new recruits. They were ignored and poorly paid no matter whether they were overachievers, or average workers. Management had goals that had to be met - so there were areas that were quite cutthroat. Overall there were benefits that would somewhat make up for those that were put at the bottom of the barrel, however it isn't an environment that encourages older personnel to desire a continued career with the company.
Pros
Large company parties for achievements as well as social events during the holidays
Cons
Extended hours, insufficient amount of personnel for responsibilities
Fun workplace
Logistics Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA7 September 2017
cool company to work with. Very relaxing and nice environment. I enjoy how people from different regions collaborate together. it was fun to have the cross functional team.
Best place to start your career
Internship (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka6 September 2017
Juniper Networks is a great place to work. It comes with a lot of benefits like flexible timings, work from home, break out area etc. Has a very nurturing environment.
Great Company, Bad Management
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Massachusetts6 September 2017
Love the company. My current manager is terrible to work with and communicates poor. I love the rest of the team i work with and enjoy coming to work every day.
devops engineer at juniper
DevOps / Cloud Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA6 September 2017
I love to work with juniper due to contract expiry I camout. the job culture is very good. the team is supportive. I would like to work this company again
under 1 year contract
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Business Central Towers A - Dubai Internet City5 September 2017
It's been great working in a company like Juniper Networks, there's a lot to learn about its products and services, the management and the way they do things. Everyday is a learning process and there are bad days as well as good days.

My only consolation is that I am only under 1-year contract and i don't see how the progression on my career will take. The benifits in its all entirety is not all the same compared to the full timers.

I seek to be part of an organization which i am " a full time employee" - status, to work in a different industry compared to my previous experiences.
Pros
n/a
Cons
no fair benefits, no growth
Sr Staff (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA30 August 2017
Challenging and balanced work environment.
High bars for success.
Fantastic team spirit and culture.
Fast paced. Quarterly releases.
Strong focus on virtualization,
Juniper
Program Manager Staff (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka21 August 2017
Juniper is an awesome company to work. The work life balance is the best in the industry and people are here for the long haul.
The company takes care of its employess very well
Balanced work life
Technical Lead - NPI Technical Operations (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA15 August 2017
Excellent place to work. Great colleagues. Great technology to learn.
Challenging market environment thus changes come quickly in terms of work.
Management is very supportive of ideas.
Technology
Technical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK12 August 2017
At one point, Juniper made great routers, but with expanding into the Enterprise and Security, they've lost their focus. It was a fun place to work and provided good solutions, but lacked the brand recognition in the Enterprise market.
Too many managers
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam8 August 2017
Too many managers in different locations. The culture is one based on fear rather than collaboration.

There was no training at all provided and no onboarding and whilst some of us really tried to put these essential things in place, it was always about cost cutting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Juniper Networks. Our community is ready to answer.