Juniper Networks

Juniper Networks Employee Reviews

Good Work Culture
Software Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 3, 2015
Good Work Culture. Competative salary. Awesome Job Culture. I would love to join them as a full time employee. They should conversion rate for Interns.
Approchable
Member Technical Staff (Current Employee) –  BangaloreOctober 17, 2015
Best place to work for a Network Engineer
Recognition is moderately given
Salary part is always satisfied to the employees
best place for new Joiners
Associate consultant (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KAJuly 31, 2015
My decision making skills improved a lot.
The best thing is co-workers are really supportive, friendly.
Basically i worked in automation in the beginning i found really tough
because as i was not aware of coding ,even some times i got scolding but it was helpful in improving in my performance and skills to do my best.
Pros
salary, cab facility
Cons
I was working as contract and not as employee
Very good Company
Digital Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 16, 2016
I started with Juniper in Jan. 2016 for a short term project. My manager was great at balancing work and home life. Knowing my children were out of state he allowed frequent long visits home to visit them where I was allowed to work from home. He helped me to gain experience in a career field I was having issues breaking into after graduation and worked with me getting personal time Forensic hardware. I would have taken a full time position if would could have been and would have been offered.

The whole company was very supportive and took a lot of interest in me and my advancement in this field.

I chose to work 10 hour shifts and take a three day weekend. We were allowed to make our own hours as long as we didn't go over our 40. I could work half a day come home and head back at night if I wanted to. Such amazing co-workers and management is fantastic.
Pros
Work/home balance - pay
Cons
it was short term
Great oppurtunity to meet new people
Front Lobby Security Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 21, 2015
-busy corporate atmosphere, checking in visitors (2-10 people at a time). Working with familiar faces and a lot of new ones. Friendly greeter in person and over the phone. Answering high volume switchboard calls through out the day (80+ calls a day) Submitting help desk tickets for service support.
-I learned: how to multitask, organization, technical skills, interpersonal skills and how to be highly dependable.
Cons
no advancements
Great
Senior GTM & Marketing Strategy (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Juniper is a great place to work great people to work with as well.
Job Location is at Sunnyvale. Good Team and a great company.

It is very important to have a balanced life and JUNIPER is great in that aspect as well.
good experience
PS Consultant (Network Security) (Former Employee) –  dubaiMarch 26, 2016
the best company to get good experience, as its international company, so I had the chance to interact with different customers and technologies
Dynamic and fast paced company.
Onsite Systems Support (Former Employee) –  AddlestoneOctober 7, 2015
My typical day involved supporting over 1200 employees throughout EMEA on all aspects of IT, i.e. laptops, mobiles, tablets, connectivity issues, software issues, printing issues.
The most enjoyable part of the role was never knowing what new challenges each day would bring and then trying to resolve those issues, but this could also be the hardest or most challenging part as well.
Close team that worked well together and with our manager who looked after our personal interests as well as those of the company.
Pros
Working with latest technology
Cons
Would have preferred more international travel
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaMay 18, 2016
Juniper Networks is a great place to work understand the cross culture which helps in career growth and based on which you can lead a successful professional life
it needs a direction
Software Engineer Sr. Staff (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 10, 2016
There are big problems at management and executives level. This company needs a visionary that can lead it out of the mud.
Excellent company
Senior EMC engineer (Former Employee) –  Westford, MASeptember 30, 2015
Day to day activities covered design reviews, analyzing problem areas and developing mitigation strategies. Furthered my knowledge of international EMC requirements. My co workers covered all facets of R&D including marketing requirements, all of which were part of the developing team. Hardest part of the job was traveling away from home. My enjoyment of the job was to closely work with all engineering team members to produced a final products.
Pros
Overall company producing telecomunications products that were world class.
Cons
Incredible opportunity and exposure to one of the best industries to be in
Inside Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 13, 2012
Overall Juniper is a great place to be, with an incredibly nurturing environment for both personal, and professional growth. Having no prior knowledge of the IT industry was not an issue as there is plenty of on the job training. It is one of the best team atmosphere's I have ever been a part of. Management leaves something to be desired. A majority of the job is cold calling and prospect finding. The one avenue everyone uses seems to utterly ineffective and oversubscribed. "Call Blitzes" only anger potential customers, and damage our image in the minds of end users.
Pros
benefits, catered meals at end of quarter, great people
Cons
call blitzes, middle management, experience is very similar to that in the movie officespace.
Good place to work but lacks ability to grow
Sr Product Line Manager (Current Employee) –  USAMay 13, 2014
Juniper is a good place to work. There are benefits that you can expect from working in a company with a secure and matured business. However, it has trouble growing beyond the matured router business. The leadership team has not been able to execute on new ideas. After close to a decade of venturing into new areas, Juniper is now back to where it started which is router. Also, it does not invest in talents particularly those outside of its hub in Sunnyvale, CA.
benefits
Cons
career path
Good money only
Intern (Former Employee) –  BangaloreNovember 5, 2013
I was an intern here worked for 9 months. Work was ok . ..intally they paid 26000rupee/ month. However Juniper networks india private limited the story is completely different....Bangalore office is full of Brahmins,Tamils. idiotic senior managers, who don't care about young intern turned contract employees.
secondly no proper training....Being a post graduate, I had work for accounting and operation job..When I started asking different profile, and told about senior torture they asked my resignation..wen I rejected they had me fired.
Pathetic teams with poor knowledge over the process. Managers particularly AP and operations sucks.
Senior manager for AP is the worst I ever come across. Kevin free advice...Don keep people for more than 3 years..kick them out..otherwise they start acting C.E.O himself/herself.
Work pressure...1 has to work 3 folds..even then managers are not happy.

I still love the USA office atmosphere...but India it's spoiled bro.

Young new comers are treated as dust by seniors including managers and senior manager. (Ex: AP).........Girls are treated nicely.
Pros
salary, timings, fecilities.
Cons
poor training, senior-junior difference, diversity is diluted and india office sucks
Place to settle down
Business Planning Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 1, 2015
It was a fun place to work. Great work-life balance.

Since most of the employees were in their late 30s the culture is little too slow for my taste. Management need to hire more young people and bring balance to the workforce.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Most of the employees are very experienced so they move slowly
great place to work but going through a transitional phase
Software engineering intern (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KAOctober 25, 2014
Nice place to work. Good benefits and WFH available.

Smart colleagues.

Going through a transitional phase right now. Seen many layoffs.
Pros
work from home
Cons
job security
productive and educational work environment
Technical Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 17, 2015
I was able to learn and advance while at Juniper Networks within a short period of time. I built many long lasting friendships while with this company.
Great Place to Work
Senior Staff Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 2, 2015
Juniper Networks is a great place to work with very talented engineers who are passionate about their work and technology.
Productive Enviroment
Commodity Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 28, 2015
Overall supportive environment. Bureaucratic, but to be expected from a large company. Bottom line emphasis on numbers and ROI.
Pros
Some what flexible work hours
Cons
Bureaucratic to be expected from a large company
Productive and fun work place
Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 25, 2015
It was my first job after school. It taught me a lot of technical skills. It was a very pleasant atmosphere to work in. Juniper Networks is a good company to work for.