Juniper Networks

Juniper Networks Employee Reviews

Productive workplace with close engagement with technology
Information Developer (Former Employee) –  bangaloreAugust 30, 2016
I start my day at work with a coffee and reviewing my emails, searching for bugs or enhancement requests that require documentation updates. Move on to tasks that I am already working on such as release-specific documentation, updates for existing issues, and other initiatives.

Learned networking technology, collaboration skills, time management when addressing tight schedules, and software development processes and challenges.

The hardest day at the job would be the day the software is released and made available to the customers from the public Website. Expecting last minute documentation updates and smooth publishing of documentation to the Web.
Very good Company
Digital Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 16, 2016
I started with Juniper in Jan. 2016 for a short term project. My manager was great at balancing work and home life. Knowing my children were out of state he allowed frequent long visits home to visit them where I was allowed to work from home. He helped me to gain experience in a career field I was having issues breaking into after graduation and worked with me getting personal time Forensic hardware. I would have taken a full time position if would could have been and would have been offered.

The whole company was very supportive and took a lot of interest in me and my advancement in this field.

I chose to work 10 hour shifts and take a three day weekend. We were allowed to make our own hours as long as we didn't go over our 40. I could work half a day come home and head back at night if I wanted to. Such amazing co-workers and management is fantastic.
Pros
Work/home balance - pay
Cons
it was short term
Product Manager Intern
Product Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 11, 2016
Pros
- I had a great learning experience.
- Great projects and guidance from mentor
- Company has a great culture of promoting new ideas, senior leaders spend time with interns

- HR team managed internship in an awesome way - speaker series, weekly events, ice cream, picnic etc. ect.

Cons
Requires prior understanding of networking to function well in the role.
Pros
Great place to learn, Great Culture, Compensation is competitive
Cons
Need to focus on emerging technology
Good Work Culture
Software Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 3, 2015
Good Work Culture. Competative salary. Awesome Job Culture. I would love to join them as a full time employee. They should conversion rate for Interns.
Lot of challenging projects and good place to work
Manufacturing Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaJuly 24, 2016
Learnt manufacturing process in depth.
Co workers are very supporting and good interaction with co workers.

Very challenging part will be interaction with cross functional team and effectively completing the projects within allocated time lines.
Typical high tech work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 31, 2016
Work day was busy with most interactions done via email.Had the opportunity to manage my programs and projects with limited oversight. Juniper employees are generally very professional and are great to work with.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours, tough commute
best place for new Joiners
Associate consultant (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KAJuly 31, 2015
My decision making skills improved a lot.
The best thing is co-workers are really supportive, friendly.
Basically i worked in automation in the beginning i found really tough
because as i was not aware of coding ,even some times i got scolding but it was helpful in improving in my performance and skills to do my best.
Pros
salary, cab facility
Cons
I was working as contract and not as employee
Approchable
Member Technical Staff (Current Employee) –  BangaloreOctober 17, 2015
Best place to work for a Network Engineer
Recognition is moderately given
Salary part is always satisfied to the employees
Juniper Culture
World Wide Operation Supply Planner (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 5, 2016
Been with Juniper for 9 years because of the people and culture. Can't imagine working anywhere else. People are great and work/life balance is highly recommended by the company.
Pros
good work -life balance
Cons
none that I can think of
Challenging Environment
MD (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2016
Juniper is a solid company with many challenges in an evolving business environment. Their challenge is the ability and willingness to evolve the company strategy rapidly.
Pros
Solid compensation
Cons
Evolving business environment
Work life balance and Fun to be in this place
Pricing analyst (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaAugust 15, 2016
A wonderful work place to work with , lovely experience to be working there .Management treating people right and encouraging all the innovative ideas irrespective of the level of that individual .
One of the best places I've worked and overall positive outlook overall on company
Executive Support (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 14, 2016
Great work life balance with great compensation & benefits, high overturn but the culture promotes a happy work life balance with flexibility which seems to make all happy.
good place to work,very friendly people
INTERN, M HARDWARE ENGINEERING, JDI (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 14, 2016
Managers,co-workers are very friendly,very knowledgeable.
Best company to work.
Employee friendly with good benefits.
Nice culture good place to learn many things
Good culture, technology and management
Partner Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  BrazilJuly 30, 2016
Excllent co workers and work environment with high level of collaboration and excellent product line. Easy to work independently and remotely.
Great company
General Counsel (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 21, 2016
The company is a great place to work. It has great work like balance and the people who work there have great work backgrounds. I would recommend it to everyone.
Fun
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 18, 2016
great co-workers
work and life balance
competitive salaries
competitive benefits package
fast paced environment like any other company in the bay area
Decent Place
Senior Manager, Business Operations (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 8, 2016
Good work, nice people, strong industry, nice campus. Stock comp has been low, but pay OK. Sometimes it can be hard to get stuff done as not everyone is aligned or willing to listen
Incredible opportunity and exposure to one of the best industries to be in
Inside Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 13, 2012
Overall Juniper is a great place to be, with an incredibly nurturing environment for both personal, and professional growth. Having no prior knowledge of the IT industry was not an issue as there is plenty of on the job training. It is one of the best team atmosphere's I have ever been a part of. Management leaves something to be desired. A majority of the job is cold calling and prospect finding. The one avenue everyone uses seems to utterly ineffective and oversubscribed. "Call Blitzes" only anger potential customers, and damage our image in the minds of end users.
Pros
benefits, catered meals at end of quarter, great people
Cons
call blitzes, middle management, experience is very similar to that in the movie officespace.
Good product company
Sr. Director Strategic Alliance (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 4, 2016
Behind the competition but great networking product company. They need to invent and innovate to catch up with companies like Cisco and HPE.
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaMay 18, 2016
Juniper Networks is a great place to work understand the cross culture which helps in career growth and based on which you can lead a successful professional life