Juniper Networks Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
MEMBER OF TECHNICAL STAFF (MTS) (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, India25 April 2017
The work culture in Juniper is awesome. Not much office politics. Importance to the technical aspect of work. Flexible work-life balance. Proprity to individual contribution.
Nice place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale20 April 2017
It is a good company. tHe culture, even though higly competitive is relaxed. the work is tasking bit fulfilling. You get to have good vacation, excellent pay and nice work place
Not Happy campier
Lead Control Operator & Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA19 April 2017
A free inside look at Bad reviews for 25 companies. 26 company ... all Reviews. if you like doing real work with your hands this is the job for you See all Reviews
I had a good run here
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Remote Employee19 April 2017
The job is great as far as benefits and compensation go. I made a lot of lifelong friends at Juniper, as well. However, there is a lot of job displacement to India and it is clear in the last 5 years that cheap labor is priority over quality. US hires are rare, and if US employees leave the company, they are replaced by headcount in India. Most recently, there was a layoff which only affected US Employees. Many people are leaving the company willingly now, and many people are unfortunately unhappy with upper management. I will miss Juniper, but it is being terribly mismanaged, unfortunately.
Pros
Awesome pay, great benefits, nice bonus plan
Cons
Poor work/life balance, cheap labor preferred to quality labor
Juniper - On Par with others
Senior Technical Writer, Program Lead (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA11 April 2017
Previously worked at NetScreen Technologies - security appliance company that was acquired by Juniper. During this time, Juniper was acquiring several companies to improve its security technologies.

Many decisions are made at senior levels. Advancement can be more about who you know rather than what you know or what you've done.
Great workplace
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH10 April 2017
Great company but they did a full wipe out of the Columbus, OH office. Great team culture and the people really made this job worth while. I really enjoyed selling the mobile security product nationwide.
Good Company/Bad Management
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Covington, GA10 April 2017
Juniper as a whole is great. Now, the leadership they have in place is not. They hire a lot of individuals from California who are liberals! Upper Exec management could be better.
Great Products unfortunately Terrible Management
Senior Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MO7 April 2017
Most of the products delivered regarding feature functionality, the management was constantly in flux (from the CEO all the way down to my direct manager) and then when my manager left, they did a bad job of backfilling and all the sudden the job went from decent to terrible overnight. They didn't care when I brought it up to upper management and the team was in total disarray when I left.
Nice place to work
SSE (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka4 April 2017
Nice place to work. Very good management and also great work life balance. All co team members are very intelligent,supportive and helping. Great work culture ,team outing and lunch .
Pros
Good managment, Work life balence
Cons
Not yet found
Excellent Place
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka30 March 2017
Its tailor made for people who thrive on day to day learning.
Its kind of hectic at times but thats when you learn most & progress further.

The work will be state of the art developing some of the finest products of networking world.
A good company
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka23 March 2017
The typical day in my work experience is handle India tax processing .
I learned how handle to India tax.

Compare other company Juniper is employee friendly company as well their management.

The workplace culture is increase employee enthusiasm.
compensation is great; but lots of hours necessary
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA21 March 2017
The compensation at Juniper is one of the highest in the Silicon Valley...but for me it was long hours, including spotty hours on weekends. Also, during weekdays, I had to rotate every week with being on conference calls with Bangalore which were early in the morning PST or late at night PST...every week.
Good Place to work, but management is very bad.
Manufacturing Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka20 March 2017
good wfh options.
good flexibility.

Lot of pressure with multi tasking.
Very bad management.
SAP CRM ABAP Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka15 March 2017
learned many leadership qualities, used to keep engaged for the whole day. I thoroughly enjoyed taking ownership of the work,gathering requirements and Team outings
Boring work place and bad management
Software Engineer - 4 QA (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka15 March 2017
Boring work place, Bad Managers who feel themselves as CEOs. Bad work culture and so much work pressure.
only good thing is salary and benefits, bonus ......
Pros
Salary, Bonus, Benefits
Cons
Bad management, work pressure
A great place to work at
Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA13 March 2017
Offered me ample opportunity to sharpen my skills and grow a software professional. Also, offered a very conducive environment to work as a team and work life balance.
High Performing and Fast Moving Workplace
Customer Services Lead (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO13 March 2017
My role is to manage a services team in support of a large cloud provider. Juniper is a relationship run organization. Getting things done is more a result of relationship and influence than process and job title. Because of this everything needs to be driven by you. you cannot rely on process to work completely.
It is my understanding that previous executive management was very poor and nearly drove the company into the ground. Though a relatively new employee I can still see the impacts of these mis-directions. Senior management is today is much better and very involved.
Pros
Excellent Healthcare
Flex Schedule, but little room for advancement
Silicon and Systems Engineering, Executive Support (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA9 March 2017
My team at Juniper is an enthusiastic group of talented engineers. Unfortunately, many of us run into a very familiar situation: There is no room for advancement, no formal mentor program and no formal succession planning.

I prefer an atmosphere where a VP is willing to mentor and take a chance on a colleague with great potential. Juniper seems to favor hiring outside of the company to fill positions, instead of promoting from within.
Pros
Flexible work schedule allows for work/life balance
Cons
No career advancement opportunities
Overall good Place to work
Lead NPI Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka7 March 2017
Good flexible work and Good management but work safety will not believe.
Salary hike is not more competitive .you can be learned lot in this company about your work.
Not micro management
Good compensation, need to improve job security and advancement
HARDWARE ENGINEER STAFF (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA5 March 2017
Juniper give employee very flexible work hour and good compensation. Work force structure are rigid which do not allow employee explore pursuit a right place to fit his skill set.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Job security and advancement are not clear to employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Juniper Networks. Our community is ready to answer.