Location: USA - Minneapolis, MN
Must be Canadian Citizen or have U.S work authorization.
The network environment and the products to be supported:
1) Understanding of the concepts and guidelines behind traditional subscriber management and IP-TV distribution. Will be asked to provide internal and external guidance on key customer subscriber management solutions
2) Detailed understanding of routing protocols in IP Service Provider architectures. TCP/IP fundamentals, IP sub-netting and super-netting and hierarchical routing principles, Routing protocol operation (OSPF, BGP-4), general understanding of MPLS (RSVP and LDP) L2 and L3 VPNs and the associated tunneling technologies (GRE, IPsec, etc.). Multicast, P2MP LSPs
3) Strong understanding of: PPPoE, L2TP, DHCP, RADIUS, DIAMETER, Carrier Grade NAT, Dual Stack (IPv4 and IPv6)
4) Basic understanding of Layer 2 protocols and technologies including: Frame Relay, Ethernet, DS0, DS1, and DS3 – 3, PPP, PPPoE, and DSL, Products to support: M&T Series routers, EX and MX switches
Ideal candidate strengths and experiences:
1) Expert level relationship management, communications skills and interpersonal skills to manage face to face communications on a daily basis with multiple levels of customer management and engineering staff across multiple departments within the host company in a responsible and professional fashion.
2) Expert level troubleshooting methodology to isolate and identify configuration, design, and software anomalies; ability to clearly articulate findings in written and verbal communications with development level engineering staff.
3) Ability to apply knowledge to real world scenarios.
4) Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work calmly under pressure.
5) Self starter, team player, personable, enthusiastic, hard working, and enjoy interfacing with customers on a day to day basis.
6) It would be a plus to have hands-on configuration and operational knowledge of other Vendor products and their operation.
Required Skills and Experience:
7+ years working in Networking environment
Prior experience working in a customer facing engineering position
If interested, please email me your resume. rhamlet @juniper.net
Email me so I can make sure your resume is seen by a manager.
DHCP, PPPoE, ATM, Frame Relay, AAA, BNG, Media Network, Juniper MX, Juniper E-series, Subscriber Management
Thunderbay, Sault, Ste. Marie, Winipeg, Ontario