ABOUT JUNIPER NETWORKS
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Our products and technology run the world’s largest and most demanding networks today, enabling service providers, enterprises, and governments to create value and accelerate business success. Everyday our 9,000+ colleagues come together across 46 countries to realize our company vision – Connect Everything, Empower Everyone. We are innovating in ways that empower our customers, our partners and ultimately, everyone, in a connected world. These customers include the top 130 global service providers, 96 of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of public sector organizations.
WHERE WILL YOU DO YOUR BEST WORK?
Wherever you are in the world, whether it’s downtown Sunnyvale or London, Westford or Bangalore, Juniper is a place that was founded on disruptive thinking – where colleague innovation is not only valued, but expected. We believe that the great task of delivering a new network for the next decade is delivered through the creativity and commitment of our people. The Juniper Way is the commitment to all our colleagues that the culture and company inspire their best work—their life’s work. At Juniper we believe this is more than a job - it’s an opportunity to help change the world...
This full-time, permanent position is located in Waterloo, Ontario
We are looking for a Resident Engineer Staff, who will report to the Manager of Advanced Services, this is a technical role, providing post-sales on-site support of Junipers Network Products. The Resident Engineer will be required to develop and maintain an expertise on the products deployed within the Customers network.
- Analyzing network configurations
- Assisting with network inventory tracking and management to support the network
- Testing Juniper Networks product features and functionality
- Providing weekly updates on work in progress and current issues
- Providing informal technical and product workshops
- Troubleshooting the network and supporting operations
- Developing network and equipment operating procedures
- Evaluating technical specifications for interoperability
This is a full-time position on-site at the customer location and may require long work hours. On-site technical support to the Customer may require the RE to:
- Focus on network troubleshooting and operations support along with network and configuration analysis
- Assist with network inventory asset management and tracking
- Assist in testing Juniper Networks products, features, and functionality
- Conduct informal technical and product workshops with customer internal support teams
- Troubleshoot equipment and network problems and to open and track JTAC cases through to problem resolution on pre and post production issues.
- Raise equipment Return Material Authorizations (RMA’s) and to track these through to problem resolution
- Hold technology workshops with the Customer to discuss equipment and network problems, and to provide case status updates, including the reasons for any problems encountered and the workarounds and/or solutions that are being tried
- Train the Customer’s implementation and support personnel to configure and operate the Juniper Networks products
- Assist the Customer to develop Network Operating and Equipment Operating Procedures
- Support ongoing efforts in defining best practice policies for Juniper product applications used by Customer
- Peer with other employees performing similar resident engineering roles where lessons learned may help minimize risk associated with major network upgrades or changes in the network.
The RE will be expected to develop secondary skills in other products in the Juniper product portfolio.
Skills and Experience:
-University degree in Engineering required
-JNCIE-SP/M certification required.
-Minimum 10 years in an operational support role (product/solution operations, maintenance, troubleshooting support) to Carrier Class service providers with at least 5 years supporting Juniper JUNOS based M/MX/T-Series products and IP networks.
-Candidates for this role MUST have a minimum of 5 years experience providing implementation and technical support of networking products in LAN, WAN, or Internet services environments.
Candidates for this role MUST be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
1) Detailed technical experience in the installation and operation of Security and IP based routers. This includes hands-on operation of management tools and network analyzers.
2) Hands-on configuration and operational knowledge of Juniper Networks JUNOS and SRX/MX/M-Series products
3) Service Provider NOC/SOC experience (an understanding of how large networks function and their associated monitoring and performance tools).
4) Experience working in a 24/7 global infrastructure environment. Able to handle critical P1 issues requiring quick turnarounds.
5) Detailed understanding of security best practices including:
a. Stateful firewall
d. DOS/DDOS mitigation
e. IPS/IDS implementation and signature creation
f. Application Level security (AppFW)
g. SIEM (Arcsight or STRM preferred)
6) A detailed understanding of the protocols surrounding IP service provider networks. These skills should include:
a. TCP/IP fundamentals
b. IP subnetting and supernetting and hierarchical routing principles
c. Routing protocol operation (OSPF, IS-IS, MPLS, RSVP, IPv6, and BGP)
d. Routing policies at BGP peering points
e. VPNs and the associated tunnelling technologies (L2TP, MPLS, etc.)
7) A detailed understanding of Layer 2 protocols and technologies such as:
b. Frame Relay
e. DS0, DS1, and DS3 – 3, OC3 - 192
f. PPP, PPPoE, and PPPoA
8) Delivery of Knowledge Transfer type training sessions. Able to share knowledge in both formal and informal settings.
9) The ability to function in a team environment.
10) Strong customer interface and presentation skills
11) Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work calmly under pressure
12) JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, CCNP, CCIE a strong plus
13) Strong Interpersonal skills.
14) Some scripting skills a plus
Salary Range: $110-$118K Canadian
We offer very market competitive benefits.
Juniper Networks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Apply at the following link: