ABOUT JUNIPER NETWORKS
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Our products and technology run the world’s largest and most demanding networks today, enabling service providers, enterprises, and governments to create value and accelerate business success. Everyday our 9,000+ colleagues come together across 46 countries to realize our company vision – Connect Everything, Empower Everyone. We are innovating in ways that empower our customers, our partners and ultimately, everyone, in a connected world. These customers include the top 130 global service providers, 96 of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of public sector organizations.
WHERE WILL YOU DO YOUR BEST WORK?
Wherever you are in the world, whether it’s downtown Sunnyvale or London, Westford or Bangalore, Juniper is a place that was founded on disruptive thinking – where colleague innovation is not only valued, but expected. We believe that the great task of delivering a new network for the next decade is delivered through the creativity and commitment of our people. The Juniper Way is the commitment to all our colleagues that the culture and company inspire their best work—their life’s work. At Juniper we believe this is more than a job - it’s an opportunity to help change the world.......join Juniper and put your career on the Fast Track.
Reporting to the Manager of Advanced Services, this is a technical role, providing pre/post-sales on-site support of Junipers Network Products. The Resident Engineer will be required to develop and maintain expertise on the products deployed or to be deployed within the Customer’s network.
- Troubleshooting the network’s design and architecture issues
- Analyzing network and device configurations
- Providing network design leadership; assisting in identifying and building solutions
- Testing product features and functionality
- Providing deployment guidance to ensure that implementations are consistent with design specifications
- Providing informal workshops to transfer knowledge to engineering staff
- Applying industry best practices to the design, planning, and implementation of the network
- Applying extensive industry experience to optimize network performance and proactively analyze potential enhancements
- Evaluating technical specifications for interoperability
This is a full-time position on-site at the customer location and may require long work hours. On-site technical support to the Customer may require the Resident Engineer to:
- Hold design and information gathering workshops with the Customer to understand the Customer’s existing network design and technical requirements of new network designs.
- Understand the Customer’s organizational structure and become familiar with the Customer’s network implementation and support processes and procedures to help in designing a network that is available and sustainable.
- Carry out testing of new Designs, features, and functionality as required by the Customer in a laboratory environment and to help develop plans to implement and verify that they are operating correctly in the live network
- Test patches and fixes to operating software and to ensure that they are implemented and functioning correctly in the pre-production test network and then live network as implementation plans dictate.
- Troubleshoot equipment and network problems and to open and track JTAC cases through to problem resolution on pre and post production issues.
- Raise equipment Return Material Authorizations (RMA’s) and to track these through to problem resolution
- Produce a written summary report of the status of Design projects, equipment and network problems on a regular basis to the Customer
- Hold technology workshops with the Customer to discuss equipment and network problems, and to provide case status updates, including the reasons for any problems encountered and the workarounds and/or solutions that are being tried
- Train the Customer’s design, implementation and support personnel to configure and operate the Juniper Networks products
- Assist the Customer to develop Network Operating and Equipment Operating Procedures
- Support design and planning of Juniper M, MX, and T Series network routing products and associated solutions within the Customer infrastructure
- Support ongoing efforts in defining best practice policies for Juniper product applications used by Customer
- To peer with other employees performing similar Resident Engineering roles where lessons learned may help minimize risk associated with major network upgrades or changes in the network.
The Resident Engineer will be expected to develop secondary skills in other products in the Juniper product portfolio.
Skills and Experience:
Candidates for this role MUST have a minimum of 7 years experience providing implementation and technical support of networking products in LAN, WAN, or Internet services environments. Candidates for this role must also have a minimum of 3 years experience designing IP networks.
Candidates for this position should have a Bachelors Degree in Engineering.
Candidates MUST be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Detailed technical experience in the installation and operation of IP routers. This includes hands-on operation of management tools and network analyzers.
- A detailed understanding of the protocols surrounding IP service provider networks. These skills include but are not limited to:
- TCP/IP fundamentals
- IP subnetting and supernetting and hierarchical routing principles
- Routing protocol (OSPF, IS-IS, and BGP-4) operation, migration, and scaling mechanisms
- Routing policies at BGP peering points
- VPNs and the associated tunneling technologies (MPLS, L3VPN, VPLS, MVPN, etc.)
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- The ability work independently and to function in a team environment.
- Strong customer interface and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work calmly under pressure.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Hardware: MX / M / T series
- At least 5+ yrs of ISP and/or MSO experience
- JUNOS CLI experience preferred and an asset.
- Prefer 5+ years working with MPLS TE. Must be willing to learn new MPLS technologies
- Must understand BGP and route reflector topologies
- Must be able to communicate with internal Engineering and QA Sys Test Teams
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the customer
- Unix/Linux skills a plus
- Some scripting skills a plus
- Test equipment such as Spirent, Agilent N2X, and Ixia a plus
- Support customer tools such as: SNMP monitoring, config backup, and tacacs a plus
- Would be a plus to have experience with Multicast
- 3+ years experience in managing large technical account activity revolving around network products from multiple vendors.
- JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE, CCNP, CCIE a strong plus
We offer very market competitive benefits.
Juniper Networks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.