Junior Achievement (JA) is the world’s largest not-for-profit organization dedicated to educating young people about business. With over 120 charters world wide, JA brings a global view of business to local communities. Since 1955 Junior Achievement of British Columbia (JABC) has partnered with educators, donors and volunteers to bring a real world experience into the classroom. Our programs give students in grades 5-12 the confidence and skills they need to become the next generation of business and community leaders.
To inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy.
JA will be the partner of choice for businesses, educators, and policy-makers around the globe seeking to expand workforce and economic development. We will be revered for providing experiences that promote the skills, understanding, and perspectives students will need to succeed in a global economy and become productive, contributing members of society.
- Belief in the boundless potential of young people.
- Commitment to the principles of market-based economics and entrepreneurship.
- Passion for what we do and honesty, integrity, and excellence in how we do it.
- Respect for the talents, creativity, perspectives, and backgrounds of all individuals.
- Belief in the power of partnership and collaboration.
- Conviction in the educational and motivational impact of relevant, hands-on learning. – less