JWN is currently recruiting for a temporary full-time dynamic, passionate, highly skilled Proofreader/Copyeditor with an eye for detail in our Edmonton office. The position is for maternity leave coverage. This position is responsible for proofing and copyediting print and digital publications and projects for correctness, consistency, grammar, spelling, readability and accuracy prior to publishing, as well as to review content on the company websites for accuracy and functionality.
- Proofing and copyediting all components of company publications, including advertising, listings, text and layout
- Communicating changes to other departments through the organization
- Conferring with writers, editors and production staff to resolve problems
- Research the accuracy of information for specific projects
Qualifications and Education:
- Diploma or degree in Communications, English or related field
- Formal training in proofing and copyediting would be a definite asset
- Advanced knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Familiarity with style guides and application of house style
- Basic proofreading and copyediting skills enhanced by effective writing ability
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments/priorities; strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong customer service skills with an ability to provide feedback and mark corrections in a professional manner
- High attention to detail and accuracy; capable of visually spotting evidence of errors and omissions
- Ability to analyze content for logic and correctness
- Ability to concentrate on written work for long periods of time
- Ability to work effectively in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of Macintosh platforms an asset
Closing Date: Tuesday, November 12, 2013. Apply immediately with your resume and salary expectations, as qualified candidates will be interviewed and possibly hired prior to the closing date.
At JuneWarren-Nickle’s Energy Group (JWN) you will be directly involved in the success of a variety of information products/publications serving the upstream oil and gas industry for over seven decades. JWN is Canada’s largest integrated and most recognized energy information services company, producing authoritative print and online publications, extensive data sets, maps, charts, directories, events and conferences.
Our culture is entrepreneurial, fast-paced and high energy. Do you want an opportunity to grow, contribute and be challenged in a success-driven environment? We look for people with a passion for what they do and who are motivated by a desire to succeed. We believe that finding the right people is paramount to our success.