JuneWarren-Nickle’s Energy Group (JWN) is Canada’s largest integrated and most-recognized energy information services company, producing authoritative print and online publications, extensive data sets, maps, charts, directories, events and conferences.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent full-time dynamic, passionate, highly skilled Event Coordinator to join our Events & Conferences team in Calgary.
Primary accountability is to successfully execute the logistics associated with event facilities, speakers, sponsors, volunteers, tradeshows, audio visual and other suppliers.
- General event, vendor, conference and tradeshow coordination
- Assisting in creating and managing the event production plan
- Assisting with execution of events on-site to ensure success
- Working with venue catering, audio visual, and event managers to coordinate event and conference logistics (catering, audio visual, show services, décor and other subcontractors)
- Working with speakers, sponsors and tradeshow vendors to manage all requirements and benefits before, during and after events
- Setting up and maintaining online registration systems and mobile event apps
- Responding to general event inquiries
- Supporting JWN’s core values and company objectives by providing an unmatched high level of internal and external service
Qualifications and Education:
- Diploma in Administration, Special Events Planning or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years relevant event experience (conference planning an asset)
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Outstanding organizational skills with superior attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to support a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced, ever-changing environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, demonstrating discretion and sound judgment
- Top-notch customer service and service-oriented attitude
- Willingness to work flexible hours when required
A JWN conference is a business unto itself. Our conferences generate significant revenue and profit, they compete for attendees, they attract prominent sponsors, and they’re recurring; therefore they must be run like a business. Our team is entrepreneurial, fast-paced with high energy. Do you want an opportunity to grow, contribute and to be challenged in a success-driven environment? We look for people with a passion for what they do and are motivated by a desire to succeed. We believe that finding the right people is paramount to our success.
Closing Date: Friday, March 28. Apply immediately, as qualified candidates will be interviewed and possibly hired prior to posting closing date.
If you are interested in applying for this position email a cover letter with resume to B. Dergousoff. Only those qualified will be contacted.