JUGO JUICE Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC6 October 2017
Great place to work, amazing staff and management.
Highly recommend.
Only drawback is airport location is open 24/7..holidays to do not exist in airport environment.
Great environment that could be improved with better Management
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC27 September 2017
- needs a better system
- Manager lacks attention to detail
- The hardest part of your job will be dealing with a lack of preparation from management. (Will not have the required supplies, lack of staff during a shift, and overworking employees)
- You also get trained by your fellow employees and not the manager. That in mind you may also be left alone to open or close for many shifts.
Pros
Great co-workers and regular customers
Cons
Long hours, lack of staff, little to no benefits, lack of raises
stressful, unbalanced, not foodsafe.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC18 September 2017
next to no training. staff do not have proper training to handle food and serve it with the best quality. unreasonable shifts and hours and favoritism.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
moldy food
Jugo Juice
National Store Development Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 September 2017
Great job as far as work life balance goes, company lacks leadership and culture. Company oversees 140 franchise owed locations within Canada and Dubai.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
little to no development
nice place to work
Supervisor skills, food handling, custodial duties (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB7 September 2017
nice place to work but no room for advancements or pay raises.
customers were always nice and staff was good to work with.
good job for a student or someone in college; not so demanding.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
low wages
Great work environtment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB19 June 2017
Productive and fun workplace. Provides good training and reasonable wages. Good management and fair schedules to everyone. We get 50% off on our meal which is great
fun and easy going workplace
Cashier/keyholder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2017
i got along with my co workers, it was nice to have nice funny people to work with, the work wasn't too hard but definitely tedious. the food is good along with the smoothies, pricing is a little overboard for me.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours, not enough pay
Standard Smoothie store
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 June 2017
You are required to memorize the smoothie recipes. There are recipe sheets around but the environment is a steady flow of customers and usually leave no rooms to look through them. Pay is minimum but it is entree level work. Jugo Juice stores are all inside or by sky train stations and thus the work space can get very cramped.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Small workspace
fun and productive work experience
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 June 2017
as first job in my life, I have learned a lot from here and met many new friends. I am grateful for having the opportunity to work here despite that I have only worked for 3 months. the atmosphere is great, coworkers are respectful and helpful.
Fast Paced and Vibrant
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2017
A typical day at work usually consisted of making smoothies, putting wraps on grills, preparing the smoothie packets, or creating the wraps themselves. I learned how to do things efficiently and more than one thing at a time. In addition, my communication skills with strangers improved. Management was friendly and gave me time off when needed. The workplace was very friendly. The hardest part of the job were the tides of customers that came during lunchtime. While the most enjoyable was the product.
Great place to work as a student
Barista (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 June 2017
It was a perfect place to work while I was a college student. Friendly atmosphere, not a very challenging tasks, you never get to stay and do nothing.
Very fun environment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  RISE, SE23 March 2017
Due to the fact this jugo juice was located in one of the busiest buildings in Calgary it was very face paced, but also very fun and enjoyable. I learnt a lot while working there, not only did I have to learn and adapt fast but I also had to train and supervisor other colleagues.
Pros
Free smoothies
Cons
not enough hours
Not a bad choice for part-time job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 March 2017
I have been working in Jugo Juice for almost 2 years. As a part-time job, it provided me flexible work hours. Because I am still a students, the manager will schedule my work time according to my classes. The co-workers are very friendly.
Pros
50% off Clerk discount
Exciting place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 March 2017
A typical day at work would be keeping up with the customers as well as the cleanliness of the environment. The hardest part of the job was standing in the overwhelming heat for hours but everything else made the job enjoyable. Although there wasn't the greatest management, we were always able to come up with solutions to difficult problems on our own.
Pros
Amazing staff to work with
Cons
Long hours, No breaks, worked alone
fun for the most part
Fast Food Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2016
a typical day at work would include preparing food for the day, maintain cleanliness with opening or closing responsibilities and provide customer service.
management was poor and couldn't provide enough staff the environment needed which meant zero breaks and rushed for time.
Jugo juice is a great company to work for, just make sure the managers are decent.
Pros
50 percent off food and drinks
Cons
long hours, no breaks, little staff
Poor management
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 October 2016
Very poor and mean management with exploitation, no lunch hour is given
Fun place to work and mix drinks
Cashier, Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2016
A typical day at work involves customers rushing you to make the protein or vegetable shakes before the train arrives. I learned to manage my time to be more efficient at work. My manager is a nice guy because he makes sure we have everything we need at work or else he'll go and get it. My co-workers are reliable because we help each other out during rush hours at union station. The hardest part of the job is when we don't have enough people to wash the blenders or prepare the fruits needed in every smoothie. The most enjoyable part of the job is having to work with your friends and play the best music in Toronto with your boss's permission.
Pros
working with friends
Cons
no benefits
Good enviroment.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC30 June 2016
Amazing co-workers and customers. Great environment to work in. Management was not the best but was still okay for the work environment.
Pros
Free smoothie and sandwish for lunch
workplace are good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 June 2016
this job also is a parttime job for support my tuition fee and pin money. one thing need to learned, which is reciting the menu's ingredient. only require us to know well because jugo juice is very busy at lunch time and dinner time. as fast as possible.
Enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 June 2016
Co-workers were nice to work with. Management was good. Learned a ton about knowing my products so that it is easier to interact with customers.