PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for maintaining outstanding customer, service as per Company standards, generating sales, merchandising, and safeguarding company assets.
Education and Certifications
- High School Diploma
- Must be over 18 years of age
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 6 months of retail sales experience
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment. This includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock.
- Aid customers in locating merchandise.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Assist in completing price changes within the department.
- Operate a computerized point of sale cash register and inventory management system: including the accurate entering of sales information: receiving payment for products: processing credit card transactions; making correct change; processing refunds, exchanges and voids; and issuing gift certificates and credit slips.
- Reconcile daily sales and prepare deposits and end of day reports for management.
- Actively engage customers in conversation and actively assist in the understanding, demonstration, description and selection of merchandise.
- Utilize a working knowledge of all retail merchandise including price, any special product considerations, stock location in store and in the back stockroom.
- Accurately perform all merchandise receipt processing, including processing in the POS system; merchandise inspection, tagging, stocking and display. Communicate all damages and wrong shipments to store management.
- Actively maintain the store appearance including keeping merchandise neatly organized and attractively displayed. Dust and clean shelves regularly, fold t-shirts and arrange merchandise to maintain the highest level of visual presentation.
- Answer all incoming calls with a professional greeting
- Accurately execute any merchandise returns as directed
- Actively execute the daily goals and priorities assigned by Store Manager.
- Maintain stockroom merchandise organization and cleanliness.
- Any other tasks as assigned by any manager.
Indeed - 30+ days ago