Joylister is a Toronto-based startup that provides unique and exciting events for the people of Toronto. Our most recent event, Toronto Poutine Fest, was a resounding success and we'd like to create many more events of different themes and scale to further enrich the lives of Torontonians.
We are looking for an EXPERIENCED freelance event planner/manager to help us organize more fun events. In a two people team, you will be responsible for everything from origination of the event idea to the successful execution of the event itself.
We aim to create only original and unique events that have never been done in the city and we expect the scale of each event to be 1000+ attendees.
This is a HIGH PROFILE POSITION that will give you a chance to build a reputation for yourself as a successful event planner/manager. If the fit is right after the first couple of months, you will have a chance to organize and run many more events.
Please note, this is NOT a salaried position. Compensation is based on a profit sharing model.
You will be involved in every facet of the event organization including but not limited to:
- Coming up with interesting ideas for an event and doing the necessary research to find out if the proposed event idea has not been done before and is likely to have high demand from the public
- Securing appropriate venue (centrally located, cost effective, etc)
- Contacting and securing vendors to participate in the event
- Getting necessary sponsorship to improve the revenue
- Hiring and managing interns and volunteers as needed
- Coordinating the creation and production of marketing collateral and event signage with graphic designer and printers
- Devising a budget including all necessary expenses, expected revenue as well as contingency costs
- Gathering all supplies and sorting out all logistics and details of making the event happen
- Contacting and managing appropriate media contacts and other bloggers/individuals to promote the event
- Any other marketing related tasks to selling out the spots for the event
- Supervising the event at the time of its occurrence
- Post event followup with vendors, media, and attendees for future improvement
- Anything else necessary to make the event a success!
We will provide support in certain areas, but we're looking for independent, action-oriented, and proactive event planners/managers who can make the event happen with minimal supervision. If you need a lot of guidance or hand-holding this position is NOT for you.
If you have no prior event planning experience, please do NOT apply. Passion for, and knowledge of various topics such as food, drink, music, fashion, fitness, design, etc. is a plus. Prior marketing experience or background is also a big plus.
Please submit your resume AND cover letter. Applications without either will NOT be considered.
We appreciate your interest in this position, but due to limited resources, we regret that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you!