JOY GLOBAL

JOY GLOBAL Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee), Sparwood, BCNovember 11, 2014
Pros: home every night
Cons: not enough hours
Most of the people were great work was ok.
Didn't get along with my boss
Good People, no Job Security
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 23, 2014
Pros: overtime if needed, good people
Cons: shortstaffed, lack of job security
I really loved the people I worked with in this location. Some of them became like family to me.

I became quite experienced with SAP in my time there.

The only thing I did not like was the lack of job security. People were constantly in fear of losing their jobs and it made for a more tense and stressful work environment. The warehouse was also understaffed for close to 6 months.
Work hard, get paid well.
Labourer (Former Employee), Sparwood, BCOctober 16, 2014
Pros: good health benefits, and alot of work
Cons: long hours and away from family for months on end.
I learned how to build shovels from the ground up. My co-workers were different for all the jobs but in most part we were a team. The weather was the hardest part of job, working in bad weather conditions. Was learning new things about the equipment that we were building. Management was good if they were experienced people the gave you alot of knowledge.
Incompetent management
Welder (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: will fire staff on a whim.
If you are hard working, competent and care about the work you perform, DO NOT APPLY HERE. Cameras watch your every move(which no one explained to me, my co workers pointed them out 3 weeks in) people are fired constantly for petty reasons and morel amongst co-workers is so low that it makes for a terrible work environment.
Great people to work with, poorly managed.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Labrador City, NLFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: great salary and co-workers
Cons: management
I really enjoyed my time working at Joy Global. The salary, benefits, co-workers were fantastic. The job were on renewing contracts with no opportunity to contribute to a pension and the management was less than adequate.
Good temperary job until you find a more secure job.
Journeyperson Welder (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, AB, CanadaSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: wages, clean shop & good fellow workers.
Cons: cameras in shop looking over your shoulder. no job security.
Cameras throughout the shop. Big brother is watching. Job application states that you can be fired at anytime for no reason, so you may work there for years and be fired because the new worker doesn't like you or somebody backstabbed you. You will be shown the door with no warning. Also, U.S. management type tactics.