Joy Global brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, Joy Global designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Joy Global’s support people, and through its services located close to the mines.
Joy Global is continuously working to make mining operations safer and more productive. With Joy Global’s innovative equipment and life-cycle services, mine operators are able to consistently achieve the lowest cost per unit of production over the life of the equipment. Please visit our website www.joyglobal.com for more information.
The Shop Manager is responsible for general supervision of all phases of the operations including: production, engineering, purchasing, sales, service, quality control, maintenance, receiving and shipping. Responsibilities also include customer relations, hiring, coaching and mentoring. The Shop Manager is responsible for annual budget and will work closely with the production team to increase productivity and profitability within the manufacturing operation. Responsibilities include;
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of the facility
- Work closely with quality control to ensure quality standards are being kept
- Review Cost of Poor Quality monthly to determine trends and areas of improvement
- Work closely with the team leads to review scheduling, utilization, on-time delivery targets, service jobs and training
- Monitor operation expenses and research ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality
- Work closely with the Environmental, Health and Safety Manager to ensure all members of the manufacturing team members are aware of the safety policies to provide a safe workplace for our employees
- Maintain and support a world class safety and housekeeping program
- Maintain Inventory levels targets and Shop turn targets with the objectives of National Supply Chain Manager
- Analyze workforce requirements, coordinate the hiring and training of personnel
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to all employees
- Encourage and promote Operational Excellence programs (OPEX)
- Journeyman trade HVAC preferred
- 5 years of experience in both leading / supervising and production environments
- Ability to engage and motivate teams
- Well organized
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Proficient with MS - Word, Excel and Outlook
- SAP experience would be an asset
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. This role will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. No agencies please.