Quality Control Analyst - Edmonton
Joy Global brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, Joy Global designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Joy Global’s support people, and through its services located close to the mines. Joy Global's products and related services are used extensively for the mining of coal, copper, iron, gold and other mineral resources and the company employs 14,000 people worldwide.
Joy Global is continuously working to make mining operations safer and more productive. With Joy Global’s innovative equipment and life-cycle services, mine operators are able to consistently achieve the lowest cost per unit of production
over the life of the equipment. Please visit our website www.joyglobal.com for more information.
P&H MinePro Services Canada, a global industry leader in the supply of heavy equipment for Canada’s booming mining industry, offers strong potential for your career growth.
This position has full responsibility for executing and maintaining the Quality Control System at a large motor repair and rebuild facility. Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring continued compliance with ISO-9001:2000
- Ensuring continued compliance with P&H’s internal GBPM system
- Conducting regular audits of various manufacturing and administrative departments
- Writing and updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Investigating non-conformances and issuing Corrective Actions (CARs) as required
- Maintaining, following up and closing out CARs in a timely fashion
- Participating in various aspects of the P&H Operational Excellence program including Kaizens, 6S, etc.
- Experience developing and maintaining a quality program in an industrial shop atmosphere
- Experience with electric motors and electrical components
- Quality Certifications and Training
- Experience with ISO certification would be an asset
- Attention to detail
- Results oriented, team player
- Experience with Visio, Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project)
- Travel 10%