Leadhand, Shop (Journeyman)
Fort McMurray, Alberta
Joy Global brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, Joy Global designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Joy Global’s support people, and through its services located close to the mines. Joy Global's products and related services are used extensively for the mining of coal, copper, iron, gold and other mineral resources and the company employs 14,000 people worldwide.
Joy Global is continuously working to make mining operations safer and more productive. With Joy Global’s innovative equipment and life-cycle services, mine operators are able to consistently achieve the lowest cost per unit of production over the life of the equipment. Please visit our website www.joyglobal.com for more information.
Joy Global Inc. offers excellent benefits, a continual focus on training and development and a financially sound company in a growing industry. We are currently looking to add a Shop Leadhand to our Fort McMurray location.
- Day to day operation of the shop floor with focus on health and safety, quality, and production
- Provide coaching to the team and/or shift
- Ensure that the products leaving the shop meet P&H standards
- Complete the appropriate paperwork, forms and reports
- Sign off on quality control sheets included in the job package
- Interpret blueprints
- Manpower planning to ensure job priorities are managed
- Help to find new ways or process to complete the jobs in a more efficient manner
- Provide high quality service to internal and external customers.
- Supervise the department in accordance with company health and safety, human resources, and accounting policies, procedures and programs.
- Must have a commitment to safety
- Journeyman with Red Seal Welding ticket and proven mechanical background
- 2-5 years experience leading a team
- Strong decision making skills
- CWB tickets an asset
- Prior experience in a shop environment with an understanding of operations
- Solid customer service skills, organizational skills, and computer skills (including SAP and MS word/excel)
Joy Global Inc. offers an excellent benefit package!
Thank you for your interest in Joy Global Inc.
Joy Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.