Joy Global brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, Joy Global designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Joy Global’s support people, and through its services located close to the mines. Joy Global is continuously working to make mining operations safer and more productive. With Joy Global’s innovative equipment and life-cycle services, mine operators are able to consistently achieve the lowest cost per unit of production over the life of the equipment. Please visit our website www.joyglobal.com for more information. Joy Global Inc. offers excellent benefits, a continual focus on training and development and a financially sound company in a growing industry. We are currently looking to add a Journeyman Machinist to our Edmonton location.
In this position, there will be Machining of electric motor components including: boring and bushing motor housings, manufacturing shafts, boring out shafts, installing shafts, and skimming DC motor commutators.
- Journeyman Manual Machinist Certification
- 5 or more years of mining Experience with electric motor repair
- Experience operating a horizontal boring mill, manual lathes and milling machines in general
- Fluent in English and able to read blueprints
- Able to work with close tolerances
- Be able to work with minimal supervision
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Hold a strong standard for quality and safety
- Have a team oriented approach and thought process
- Be able to work with many different departments internally
- Be able to work a second shift