Joy Global brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, Joy Global designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Joy Global’s support people, and through its services located close to the mines. Joy Global's products and related services are used extensively for the mining of coal, copper, iron, gold and other mineral resources and the company employs 14,000 people worldwide.
Joy Global is continuously working to make mining operations safer and more productive. With Joy Global’s innovative equipment and life-cycle services, mine operators are able to consistently achieve the lowest cost per unit of production over the life of the equipment. Please visit our website www.joyglobal.com for more information.
Joy Global Inc. offers excellent benefits, a continual focus on training and development and a financially sound company in a growing industry. We are currently looking to add a Buyer to our Hard Rock Mining Division in Sudbury, Ontario.
The Buyer is responsible for meeting purchasing needs in an assigned area of commodities and/or services, including planning, requisition review, supplier selection, order placement, and follow up.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Ensuring purchasing is completed properly within set boundaries and in accordance to the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system.
- Track and expedite purchase orders in accordance with company policies.
- Maintain multiple vendor relationships.
- Inventory Control
- Maintaining and purchasing accurate inventory levels with respect to pricing and quantities.
- Return inventory to minimize potential OSMI (Obsolete and Slow Moving Inventory).
- Provide excellent service to customers, both internally and externally.
- Process non-conformance forms and file information.
- Maintain Purchase Orders to reflect ECN’s (Engineering Change Notifications).
- Clarify parts orders with customers.
- Work closely with the accounting department and the warehouse to resolve issues as they arise.
- Other duties as assigned
- Good knowledge of standard methods and established purchasing procedures.
- Strong ERP knowledge.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in MS Office.
- Knowledge of AX (Microsoft Dynamics AX ) is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with internal and external customers, suppliers and co-workers.
- Negotiation and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills that demonstrate the ability to resolve conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
Joy Global Inc. offers an excellent benefit continual focus on training and development and a financially sound company in a growing industry.
Thank you for your interest in Joy Global Inc.