Joy Global brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, Joy Global designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Joy Global’s support people, and through its services located close to the mines.
Joy Global is continuously working to make mining operations safer and more productive. With Joy Global’s innovative equipment and life-cycle services, mine operators are able to consistently achieve the lowest cost per unit of production over the life of the equipment. Please visit our website for more information.
Joy Global Inc. offers excellent benefits, a continual focus on training and development and a financially sound company in a growing industry. We are currently looking to add a BuyerII to our Edmonton location.
This position assists in the development of, and administers, long term agreements and purchases items at a price consistent with desired quality to meet specified required date. Participates in negotiations with suppliers. Understands and complies with P&H policies, procedures, and standards.
- Procurement of material and services to support OEM and Aftermarket Sales.
- Evaluate and develop qualified suppliers.
- Prepare and analyze RFQs.
- Maintain supplier information records, material masters and purchase orders.
- Analyze and correct receiving issues, accounting invoices and freight costs.
- Visit suppliers to understand their capabilities including methods, techniques, and processes.
- Maintain and control material costs.
- Participate and/or lead cost reduction teams.
- Monitor adherence to existing supplier contracts.
- Facilitate the overall supplier relationship.
- Identify purchasing trends and supplier reduction strategies.
- Keep up to date with the latest purchasing techniques and industry advances.
- Review and resolve higher-level supplier performance issues.
- Provide direction to Buyer I roles and assist in training.
- Control costs through negotiations, market tests, make/buy proposals, design and/or process changes, and material substitutions.
- Participate in national purchasing teleconference meetings.
- Expand product knowledge of purchased commodities.
- Explore, investigate and recommend cost improvement ideas. * Develop standard costs based on market economic factors and projected price changes.
- Monitor supplier delivery and quality. * Create and analyze reports as specified by senior management.
- 7+ years purchasing experience, preferably with Project experience
- Supply Chain Management professional designation - has attained or is working towards
- Effective analytical, problem solving, planning & organizational skills
- Self-starter who is action and results oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of purchasing techniques and related laws
- Ability to handle & prioritze multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral & written communication skills with a strong focus on customer service
Joy Global Inc. offers an excellent benefit package!
Thank you for your interest in Joy Global Inc.