Joy Global (Formerly P&H MinePro) brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, Joy Global designs, manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide.
This position is responsible for performing maintenance, repair and rebuilding of mining equipment. The Heavy Duty Mechanic must be able to diagnose faults or malfunctions and adjust, repair, or replace all defective equipment parts, components or systems serviced at client locations. This requires strong proficiency in reading and interpreting technical manuals relating to manufacturer specifications and warranty environments. In order to ensure that the work done satisfies manufacturer’s specifications, the Heavy Duty Mechanic is responsible for:
- Maintenance, service and inspection of equipment to detect faults and malfunctions; test the repaired equipment for proper performance
- Determine the extent of repair required
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Willingness to work overtime when required
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision but also participate in the work of other mechanics and apprentices within the field environment.
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic Certification is required.
- 3-5 years of mining or construction related experience.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to efficiently diagnose, troubleshoot and repair issues in mechanical systems common to mining and/or construction equipment products.
Joy Global Inc. offers an excellent benefit package.
Thank you for your interest in Joy Global Inc.